ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #496
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe
 
Hay Ewe's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: FNQ - AUS
Oddometer: 2,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMule View Post
It's not an app.

In your accounts (settings), you'll have your gmail account. Make sure "Calendar" is checked to sync.

From there, it's down to configuring your calendar program to tell it what calendar new events go into by default.

Right now it sounds like it's displaying your s-planner AND gmail, with s-planner being the default for new items.
Personally I'd just remove the s-planner and use the gmail calendar as the default.

In the default calendar app on mine... choose "calendars to display" from the menu...


So here's everything that's displayed.
I've got my default Google calendar, along with US Holidays here.
At the bottom, go to sync...


And the calendars in a little more detail. Under my google account are the two calendars displayed and sync'd.
You've probably got an "Android" account with an "S-Planner" calendar.


The main calendar app I use (CalenGoo) is a little different to get to those settings, but tehy're in there and configured this same way.
I am sure that I am so close! but I can only see S-Calendar, I cant find anything else that resembles a calendar.
So frustrating!
I shall got the shop this evening and see if they can help
thanks
__________________
Moments before you die, your life will flash before your eyes - make sure the film is worth watching - my Grandad
I like your logic - its alternative - Ninja Wranga 03-Aug-13
WWBD? -
He'd swear a lot, dance on the log cards, piss in Johnny's beer and head off to the nearest bar 🍷
Hay Ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #497
tslewisz
Beastly Adventurer
 
tslewisz's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Bloomington, IL
Oddometer: 2,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
on newer versions of android (4.0+?), you can disable (most of) the apps you don't want without root- go to settings->apps->select the app and hit disable.
I sure don't see that on my Verizon Bionic running Jelly Bean (4.1.2). At least on the bloat I looked at.
tslewisz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #498
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer
 
PoundSand's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: socal
Oddometer: 5,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by tslewisz View Post
I sure don't see that on my Verizon Bionic running Jelly Bean (4.1.2). At least on the bloat I looked at.




https://forums.motorola.com/posts/5b7803f93e

PoundSand screwed with this post 05-01-2013 at 09:20 PM
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:03 AM   #499
Tripped1
Likely Lost.
 
Tripped1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sandy Eggo
Oddometer: 7,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
I have a Motorola Droid Maxx HD. I only have to charge the battery every 2-3 days. Great screen, excellent reception, good size, 32GB of memory, uSD card slot, great build quality. For my uses, it is the best phone I have found. Verizon only though if that makes a difference.

Nope, I've had verizon for something like 10 years now. I'm pretty addicted to my 16mB/s 4G connection speeds.

The reason I was thinking about the Maxx HD was its ridiculous battery life, I use my phone as a stero/nav/data logger on the bikes a lot of the time, battery is pretty farking important to me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenScummyTroll View Post
Show folks something with a clutch and carburetor, and it's like teaching a baboon to use a Macbook.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:58 AM   #500
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer
 
RxZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Tyler, TX
Oddometer: 1,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
on newer versions of android (4.0+?), you can disable (most of) the apps you don't want without root- go to settings->apps->select the app and hit disable.
I didn't think this worked on apps installed by the carrier? I have AT&T Navigator and Blockbuster apps on my phone, and I can not get rid of them. Thankfully, they do not turn on randomly, but I can not delete them either.

Yeah, mine is Gingerbread not Jelly Bean, but I thought this was more a legal thing with the carriers subsidizing the costs, etc...
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:18 AM   #501
tslewisz
Beastly Adventurer
 
tslewisz's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Bloomington, IL
Oddometer: 2,344
PoundSand, this is what I saw:


On apps I wanted to de-install, I'd choose "Uninstall Updates", as instructed in your Moto forum link. Then the app would re-download from the Play Store and I'd be back to square one. Then I discovered the "All" tab. After doing uninstalls there, the Disable button would be available. Success!


Thanks for the tip!

Scott
tslewisz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:04 AM   #502
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer
 
PoundSand's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: socal
Oddometer: 5,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
I didn't think this worked on apps installed by the carrier? I have AT&T Navigator and Blockbuster apps on my phone, and I can not get rid of them. Thankfully, they do not turn on randomly, but I can not delete them either.

Yeah, mine is Gingerbread not Jelly Bean, but I thought this was more a legal thing with the carriers subsidizing the costs, etc...
it's a ice cream sandwich (4+) feature, and yes, it can disable most preinstalled apps- though not quite all of them (and for some of them you need to stop / disable other apps first); i think that if there is a running process that depends on it, it can't be disabled. apps like att navigator and blockbuster should be disable-able. there's nothing resembling a legal restriction against it.
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #503
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer
 
RxZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Tyler, TX
Oddometer: 1,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
it's a ice cream sandwich (4+) feature, and yes, it can disable most preinstalled apps- though not quite all of them (and for some of them you need to stop / disable other apps first); i think that if there is a running process that depends on it, it can't be disabled. apps like att navigator and blockbuster should be disable-able. there's nothing resembling a legal restriction against it.
OK, I just checked my Nexus tablet and sure enough some of the apps had a disable feature. Mostly ones that were on the tablet when I got it. Most of the apps I downloaded only had "Stop" and "uninstall". Either way, cool feature that could be useful if you have an app that always wants to run in the background, but you only want it when needed.
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #504
Tripped1
Likely Lost.
 
Tripped1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sandy Eggo
Oddometer: 7,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
OK, I just checked my Nexus tablet and sure enough some of the apps had a disable feature. Mostly ones that were on the tablet when I got it. Most of the apps I downloaded only had "Stop" and "uninstall". Either way, cool feature that could be useful if you have an app that always wants to run in the background, but you only want it when needed.
I'm OCD I just root and remove all of the crap I don't use (and there is an impressive amount of it on HTC/Verizon deveices.

I even have a shell script that does it for me that I wrote for a java class.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenScummyTroll View Post
Show folks something with a clutch and carburetor, and it's like teaching a baboon to use a Macbook.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #505
tslewisz
Beastly Adventurer
 
tslewisz's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Bloomington, IL
Oddometer: 2,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post
I'm OCD I just root and remove all of the crap I don't use (and there is an impressive amount of it on HTC/Verizon deveices.

I even have a shell script that does it for me that I wrote for a java class.
I bow to your nerdiness!
tslewisz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #506
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion
 
BlueLghtning's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Newnan, GA
Oddometer: 4,862
What's a decent older Verizon 4G LTE Android phone

My work phone is a Galaxy Stellar on Verizon and I hate the thing. It really is a piece of crap and gives me problems everyday. It was a hand me down from a co-worker that left the company and it was the only way I could get myself off my T-mobile work phone with no data and into Verizon with a data plan with out going through the political BS at work on why I needed a phone with data (Long story), so I basically had no choice in the phone and since this guy had picked the phone last Oct, I'm stuck with it for awhile or buy one out of pocket to replace it with. It sucks because I was up for a phone upgrade, but this switch counted as my upgrade and getting on Verizon and getting data was more important at the time.

I recently got a Galaxy Note II on Sprint as my main personal phone that I absolutely love, but I'd kind of like a nicer Verizon phone and since we are on a corporate account, my Verizon is unlimited data too.

So for those times my Sprint phone doesn't have the best service, I want a better Verizon phone to fall back on. I tend to use my Verizon phone as a hotspot too for my tablet and that's about the only thing well the Galaxly stellar does using PDA+net. I kind of like the idea of the Droid Maxx HD with its awesome battery life, but I'm not willing to spend more then about $200 on the used market. I'm probably going to be more in the range of the SII and other phones in that time era that have been out for about a year or more.

The requirements is good battery life, 4G LTE with Verizon, and preferably on Android 4.04+ on stock rom, but I'm not opposed to rooting a phone if I have to and its not bad with that particular model. I'd like to keep it under $200 too on the used market, but cheaper is better as long as it handles ICS or JB rom's fine. 4"+ screen size too.

What phones do people like that are in that range?
__________________
BlueLghtning - Follow me on my SPOT Messenger
Mine: 09 DL650, 08 WR250R,
Hers: 07 Ninja 650R, 13 CRF250L,
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #507
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer
 
PoundSand's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: socal
Oddometer: 5,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
... I kind of like the idea of the Droid Maxx HD with its awesome battery life, but I'm not willing to spend more then about $200 on the used market. I'm probably going to be more in the range of the SII and other phones in that time era that have been out for about a year or more.
how about a regular droid maxx?
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #508
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion
 
BlueLghtning's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Newnan, GA
Oddometer: 4,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
how about a regular droid maxx?
Hmm, that seems to fit the bill. I'll look into that one a bit more. I didn't own a Verizon phone back then, so wasn't following all the models they had then. A quick search on used prices has in in my range.
__________________
BlueLghtning - Follow me on my SPOT Messenger
Mine: 09 DL650, 08 WR250R,
Hers: 07 Ninja 650R, 13 CRF250L,
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #509
TALLGUY
Gnarly Adventurer
 
TALLGUY's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: IOWA
Oddometer: 435
New Samsung Note 2 phablet

I just got it. transition from the old Blackberry Curve which was an excellent phone and text station. I can now access the current apps. It took 2 days but I finally have all the notification noises turned off, and my email forwarded correctly.

The mapping is google based and works very well so far, texting by voice or keypad is good but not as good as the Blackberry key pad- I text quickly!

lastly i need to make it remote desktop into a citrix server if possible and my life will be good.

As far as the unit- the screen is huge and I needed that, and interestingly enough it still fits in all my flannel shirt, work shirt and Carharts side pockets!!

have not tried the camera yet but access to all the weather apps and mapping is exellent.
__________________
Who are you, Ernest Hemingway?- Campari
Nobody pretends to be from Iowa.- WaterWheel
TALLGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #510
Tripped1
Likely Lost.
 
Tripped1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sandy Eggo
Oddometer: 7,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by tslewisz View Post
I bow to your nerdiness!
Career computer tech going for a Computer Engineering degree. I refer to myself as a "turbo-dork"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenScummyTroll View Post
Show folks something with a clutch and carburetor, and it's like teaching a baboon to use a Macbook.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014