Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > The British Invasion: Triumph Tigers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 06:14 AM   #1
Shadowray OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Will a XC forks and Trees direct swap to Roadie?

Looking to swap a complete set of forks and trees from an XC to my Roadie. I am pretty sure it should be a direct swap, just want to check on here. I assume since the frame is the same if I remove my front end the XC front end will bolt to the frame neck without issue?

Any constructive feedback requested...
Shadowray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:15 AM   #2
ghoulish
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
It will bolt up but, I believe the fender fixings are slightly different and the front end of your bike may sit a bit high. The XC forks are about 1.5" longer than that of the roadie. You might measure ride height (bottom of lower triple to ground) before making the swap and attempt to match that measurement when setting the XC forks in to avoid any handling issues.
Out of curiosity, what is the reason for this swap?
ghoulish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:29 AM   #3
Shadowray OP
Adventurer

Thanks for the reply. I have XC wheels, rear shock setup the only thing I don't have is the XC mudguard. I have my bike (roadie) listed for sale to buy an 2015 XC but if it doesn't sell I am considering just converting the suspension wheels etc to an XC. I realize I should just buy an XC but this is an option if my bike doesn't sell.

I just wanted to make sure the neck was the same so the front end would bolt on without too much trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoulish View Post
It will bolt up but, I believe the fender fixings are slightly different and the front end of your bike may sit a bit high. The XC forks are about 1.5" longer than that of the roadie. You might measure ride height (bottom of lower triple to ground) before making the swap and attempt to match that measurement when setting the XC forks in to avoid any handling issues.
Out of curiosity, what is the reason for this swap?
Old Today, 10:52 AM   #4
Crab bait
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
What is the resale value of An nonXC 'XC'?

Would you be better off taking the hit and getting new bike?

Would you be better off buying aftermarket forks for the conversion instead of using the mediocre Showas that Triumph provided?

I'm not trying to rip on your project. Just a few cost/benefit analyses I would be performing on the project.
Crab bait is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:01 AM   #5
Shadowray OP
Adventurer

The hit of trading in is about 3k, the parts cost me less than $1.5k I don't know of any aftermarket forks do you have any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crab bait View Post
What is the resale value of An nonXC 'XC'?

Would you be better off taking the hit and getting new bike?

Would you be better off buying aftermarket forks for the conversion instead of using the mediocre Showas that Triumph provided?

I'm not trying to rip on your project. Just a few cost/benefit analyses I would be performing on the project.