Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #211
findlj
How much fun is that

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcountry-Rider View Post
Tell us about your cases and other additions. Which ones did you go with what do you think about them and how much did they coast.
Answer to post #209

The additions are as follows...
SW Motech crash bars - My dealer (a trials buddy) said that he's had some customers use these to their full extent and they've done a great job of protecting the bike. That was good enough for me. $225.

Denali D1 lights from Twisted Throttle - These are the cheaper of their lights, but I think they do a great job. I've ridden at night several times with them and they light up the road (and alongside the road) quite well. I'm sure the more powerful ones are even better, however. $250

Triumph alum skid plate - Pretty good coverage and still allows easy access to the oil filter. $220

Triumph Heated grips - Work Great. Holy Cow these things get hot! $200

Triumph Center Stand - This is the newer model. I've had no issues with mine riding off road so far. I think Triumph fixed the loosey-goosey issue. $220

Touratech Radiator Guard - Looks good I think, but does not mount to the existing mounts points what-so-ever as advertised by Touratech. I wouldn't do this again. I think the stock radiator guard is probably good enough. $140

Holan Panniers and Rack - I love these things. The rack fits tight and the workmanship is very good. Mine are 39L and 33L (exhaust side) . Half the price of Touratech Zega. $999 Note: have Holan USA send the mounting instructions. You get a ton of hardware and it certainly helps to see it on paper rather than trying to wing it!

Holan Headlight Grill - Fits nice. Solidly done. I think it'll protect the Light fine. $80

Overall, really like the additions, would do them all again except for the radiator guard, especially the Holan panniers.

Next up, Front Fender Riser kit from Touratech to give my knobs a little breathing room. Then some BarkBusters.

findlj screwed with this post 01-11-2012 at 01:45 PM
findlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #212
Xcountry-Rider OP
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by findlj View Post
Answer to post #209

The additions are as follows...
SW Motech crash bars - My dealer (a trials buddy) said that he's had some customers use these to their full extent and they've done a great job of protecting the bike. That was good enough for me. $225.

Denali D1 lights from Twisted Throttle - These are the cheaper of their lights, but I think they do a great job. I've ridden at night several times with them and they light up the road (and alongside the road) quite well. I'm sure the more powerful ones are even better, however. $250

Triumph alum skid plate - Pretty good coverage and still allows easy access to the oil filter. $220

Triumph Heated grips - Work Great. Holy Cow these things get hot! $200

Triumph Center Stand - This is the newer model. I've had no issues with mine riding off road so far. I think Triumph fixed the loosey-goosey issue. $220

Touratech Radiator Guard - Looks good I think, but does not mount to the existing mounts points what-so-ever as advertised by Touratech. I wouldn't do this again. I think the stock radiator guard is probably good enough. $140

Holan Panniers and Rack - I love these things. The rack fits tight and the workmanship is very good. Mine are 39L and 33L (exhaust side) . Half the price of Touratech Zega. $999 Note: have Holan USA send the mounting instructions. You get a ton of hardware and it certainly helps to see it on paper rather than trying to wing it!

Holan Headlight Grill - Fits nice. Solidly done. I think it'll protect the Light fine. $80

Overall, really like the additions, would do them all again except for the radiator guard, especially the Holan panniers.

Next up, Front Fender Riser kit from Touratech to give my knobs a little breathing room. Then some BarkBusters.
Sounds like you made all the right choices!!
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #213
Xcountry-Rider OP
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by findlj View Post
Just got this in October.

So far you have the coolest kitted Tiger I've seen. Check out Altriders http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...r+Tiger+800+XC kick stand foot and rear rack and rox risers. Also if your looking for a top box that matches the same look of the Holan boxs check out Istvan's boxes. The top box will match perfectly with the Holan USA boxes. He wants about 260.00 for the top box and mouting rack. Then of course shipping. So cheaper than Holan USA which wants 300 for the top case without a mounting rack.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...661079&page=11

Xcountry-Rider screwed with this post 01-11-2012 at 08:55 PM
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #214
BajaBug
Dual Sport Traveler

Oddometer: 65

BajaBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #215
the_babaji
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaBug View Post

Boy the colours are really popping! Is that HDR Photography perhaps?
the_babaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #216
BajaBug
Dual Sport Traveler

It's called seudo HDR, the levels and midtones had been adjusted to give the photograph a little spice.
For a true HDR you have to take a minimum of 3 photographs showing the highlights, shadows and midtones and combine them into one on a dedicated HDR program.
Enjoy!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #217
BajaBug
Dual Sport Traveler

Crater Lake National Park, Oregon, USA
Old 01-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #218
deeno360
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
I got one of those OR dry bags from santa, how do you like touring with them?
deeno360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #219
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaBug View Post

Crater Lake National Park, Oregon, USA
Great pictures of a beautiful bike.......

Regards, Paul
Old 01-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #220
BajaBug
Dual Sport Traveler

Thanks...Paul
I really like this bag, the material is of very good quality. I especially like the straps because they fit perfect on the bike rack.

BajaBug screwed with this post 01-12-2012 at 11:13 AM
Old 01-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #221
BajaBug
Dual Sport Traveler

BajaBug screwed with this post 01-15-2012 at 08:12 AM
Old 01-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #222
danketchpel
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,978
Hey Bajabug,

Those are some beautiful and inspiring photos.

How's the Tigger working out for you so far?
09 Kawi KLR650 - for sale
00 Suzi DRZ400-S
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #223
advtenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,348
I'd like to see a close-up of how you have the fuel can attached

"My body thinks my brains gone crazy" ..........Corky McMillian
advtenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #224
BajaBug
Dual Sport Traveler

I absolutely LOVE my Tiger. I was a Honda man for years and I waited and waited for many years for a new dual sport bike from Honda but it never came. So I made the jump to Triumph and I never looked back.
The Bike has testosterone, the engine is like nothing I have owned before (I’m on my number 10 now) it is very, very smooth.
I just finished an 11.000 Kilometres trip through Alberta, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Oregon, California, Washington and British Columbia. The bike performed flawlessly mile after mile. The only thing I had to do was change the brake pads when I got home.
The bike had a clicking noise in the steering that bugged me the whole trip. I stopped at a dealership along the way to get it fixed and serviced but they could not find the source of the noise.
After I got home I did a little investigating of my own and found out that the head steering nut was a bit loose. I tighten the nut and vuala...the noise is gone now.
I used a new set of Heidenaus tires for the trip and after 11.000 Km; I still have 50% life left on them.
Also I found the position of the handlebar was a tad too forward for my body type so I ordered a set of ROX Risers and now it’s very comfortable. So comfortable in fact that I had no problem putting 8 to 10 hours a day on the saddle. That seat rocks!
The Triumph panniers are nice but I will not do a world tour with them. There is a plastic floating bar that joint them together that should be made of a different material. I tipped over the bike while getting off and broke that bar. I fixed it with a piece of metal tubing and a lot of rivets.
At the end of the trip I was getting a consistent 52 miles per gallon.
All in all...I LOVE that bike. It’s going to stay with me for a very long... long time.
I hope this help. Cheers!

BajaBug screwed with this post 01-12-2012 at 07:39 PM
Old 01-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #225
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,278
or full of estrogen.... see below my signature report...
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote