User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 01:06 AM   #706
ride2kill
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
muddy, like it's supposed to be

I've been lurking for a while and finally got around to taking a few pics of the bike and some of the low dollar mods I made (to go along with some high dollar farkles that i've been blowing my money on). I got a chance to try it all out[IMG][/IMG] out in the gooey Western PA mud today. fun fun fun
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #707
RED05
Are we there yet?

Oddometer: 139
800xc

http://s1276.photobucket.com/albums/...pse1262e08.jpg
Old 12-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #708
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride2kill View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
Those expensive stanchions look very exposed without the front mudguard. Might I suggest some of these :- http://shop.touratech.co.uk/neopren-...900r-25cm.html

I've had these on mine practically since new. Very easy to fit.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #709
ride2kill
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
guards or gaiters

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
Those expensive stanchions look very exposed without the front mudguard. Might I suggest some of these :- http://shop.touratech.co.uk/neopren-...900r-25cm.html

I've had these on mine practically since new. Very easy to fit.
Can't argue with your observation. I was thinking of making some kind of guards next, but these look like they will do the trick with a lot less effort! Tanks for the link!
Old 12-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #710
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
Just picked her up late yesterday, and rode around aimlessly today. There is some farkling to come...got the skidplate but I need to paint it black before I install it, the Happy Trails panniers are en route, the Holan Pro crashbars are on their way as well, and I need to put on the front fender riser in anticipation of more aggressive rubber. But for today, I just wanted to take her out and get the feel of her. I really really like the feel of the 800XC! Seems like she'll be a great all-around bike.

'13 Yamaha Super Tenere - my dream bike
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #711
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,495
Welcome to the club.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:06 PM   #712
BryanCO
CO Rider

Oddometer: 448
Picked up my 2012 XC today. Slightly used...345 miles on the clock...original owner put on a few bits but didn't ride it....

[IMG][/IMG]
BryanCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:53 AM   #713
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanCO View Post
Picked up my 2012 XC today. Slightly used...345 miles on the clock...original owner put on a few bits but didn't ride it....

[IMG][/IMG]
Looks about like mine. Where in CO are you at? I'm in Fountain, at the south end of Colorado Springs.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:12 AM   #714
BryanCO
CO Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierguy View Post
Looks about like mine. Where in CO are you at? I'm in Fountain, at the south end of Colorado Springs.
Hehe. Springs. Picture was taken at the Pikes Peak highway gate. I live up North, across from the USAFA.

Where did you purchase your bike?
Old 12-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #715
kingofZroad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
Welcome, from Western CO!!

I bought my 2012 800 xc in November, now the snow is torturing me!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
kingofZroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #716
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofZroad View Post
Welcome, from Western CO!!

I bought my 2012 800 xc in November, now the snow is torturing me!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Did you get yours at Erico in Denver? I seem to remember the standard Erico pic with a black 800XC in November in one of the threads around here. I'm guessing they'll e-mail me my pic before long.

When I saw Montrose as your location, my first thought was "oh that'd be a nice ride out there, mixing some dirt with Hwy 50." Then out of curiosity I looked up the weather forecast for Montrose for the next few days. Have fun with that.

I'll freely admit I don't like riding in bad weather. Even today I headed out to see if I could grab the tag in the tag-o-rama thread in the Rockies forum. After a few short minutes I realized my gloves were a little thin. Pulled over to grab the other gloves I always keep in my bag...not there. Quickly decided that a pic was not worth the frozen fingers.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #717
BryanCO
CO Rider

Quote:
Did you get yours at Erico in Denver? I seem to remember the standard Erico pic with a black 800XC in November in one of the threads around here. I'm guessing they'll e-mail me my pic before long.

When I saw Montrose as your location, my first thought was "oh that'd be a nice ride out there, mixing some dirt with Hwy 50." Then out of curiosity I looked up the weather forecast for Montrose for the next few days. Have fun with that.

I'll freely admit I don't like riding in bad weather. Even today I headed out to see if I could grab the tag in the tag-o-rama thread in the Rockies forum. After a few short minutes I realized my gloves were a little thin. Pulled over to grab the other gloves I always keep in my bag...not there. Quickly decided that a pic was not worth the frozen fingers.
I don't have heated grips on the Multi but do on the Tiger. Used them (and loved them) on my first ride yesterday.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #718
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanCO View Post
I don't have heated grips on the Multi but do on the Tiger. Used them (and loved them) on my first ride yesterday.
I've had heated grips on a couple bikes. They're definitely going on the Tiger. I was thinking of doing it myself, but then I looked up the instructions, and one of the first lines said to remove the gas tank per the service manual. I'm ok with removing fuel tanks, but I don't have the service manual...I'd hate to screw something up on a brand new bike.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #719
live2ridetahoe
RN

Oddometer: 1,406
Quote:
I've had heated grips on a couple bikes. They're definitely going on the Tiger. I was thinking of doing it myself, but then I looked up the instructions, and one of the first lines said to remove the gas tank per the service manual. I'm ok with removing fuel tanks, but I don't have the service manual...I'd hate to screw something up on a brand new bike.
I thought the same thing. You don't have to take it all of the way off. Just undo some bolts...

There is a prewired harnes you plug the Triumph grips into. Install was really plug-n-play. I know they are expensive from Triumph, but the ease of install made it worth while.

JG
live2ridetahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:57 AM   #720
technikiller
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Quote:
If it's any consolation, I used the stock plug to instal my heated grips (not the Triumph ones though) and you can access it by just taking off the left side plastic. I didn't need to remove the tank.