Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:20 AM   #122
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midpack View Post
Jessie bags...
Ooooooooohh my!! I like those Jessie pnniers a LOT!!!

Regards, Paul
Old 11-12-2011, 10:37 AM   #123
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,283
Jesse

These are the Jesse Odyssey bags and I think the ones in the last pic are the new Safari model....

We have the Safari bags on our Beemers but we got to use the Jesse Bags on our summer trip as you can on the Tigers. These are 10 inch bags and a 45L top box.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #124
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,236
Here is a picture of my Tiger. This is a cool bike that I am sure I will enjoy many miles on.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:27 PM   #125
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 4,975
Wheeee!
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:42 AM   #126
findlj
How much fun is that

Oddometer: 84
Cool2 Triumph Adv tank bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcountry-Rider View Post
I'm using the Triumph OEM Adventure bag. I like it its big and fits perfect. The Tiger OEM products are all recommended besides the panniers.
Hi Xcountry-Rider. I'm looking for a large volume tank bag for my 800 XC. Question though, can you see the instrument panel okay with this bag?
findlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:55 AM   #127
soph9
Bike Addict

Have you guys seen this?

Notice no front fender, tubless spoke tires, Ohlins suspension and no longer Nissin breaks....but Brembo....SWEET~!
Old 11-21-2011, 06:47 AM   #128
Motard_Menace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
That is a custom xc that Triumph used for the EICMA show I believe. Don't think they will sell em like that however with another 6-7k you could build one from a stocker .......

"If you Can't Fix it with a Hammer, it must be an Electrical Problem......"
Motard_Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:59 AM   #129
soph9
Bike Addict

Nice set up though
Old 11-21-2011, 07:27 AM   #130
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,552
Just out for a spin.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #131
Xcountry-Rider OP
Banned

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by findlj View Post
Hi Xcountry-Rider. I'm looking for a large volume tank bag for my 800 XC. Question though, can you see the instrument panel okay with this bag?
Yes but just.
Xcountry-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #132
helotaxi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Menace View Post
however with another 6-7k you could build one from a stocker .......
Since the wheels alone are almost $4k I've a feeling it would cost a good bit more than that, but if it were offered as a factory setup, the price difference would be less than what it cost you to build it yourself not only because Triumph can source the parts cheaper, but also because there wouldn't be the waste of the take-off bits from the current stock bike, i.e. exhaust, wheels, etc...
helotaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #133
Motard_Menace
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by helotaxi View Post
Since the wheels alone are almost $4k I've a feeling it would cost a good bit more than that, but if it were offered as a factory setup, the price difference would be less than what it cost you to build it yourself not only because Triumph can source the parts cheaper, but also because there wouldn't be the waste of the take-off bits from the current stock bike, i.e. exhaust, wheels, etc...
Agreed if the wheels are that much.....most likely closer to $9-$10K then to build yourself. I would think you are still looking at 4-5K more even if it is a factory set-up. This Ohlins are not cheap either. It is a sweet bike though.......
Motard_Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:22 AM   #134
helotaxi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Agreed if the wheels are that much.....most likely closer to $9-$10K then to build yourself. I would think you are still looking at 4-5K more even if it is a factory set-up. This Ohlins are not cheap either. It is a sweet bike though.......
Yep. You're in for $6k+ for just the wheels and the forks. Add in the rear shock and the Brembos (note that the master cylinder and res. are new as well), the lights, engine guard, bash plate and exhaust and I'd say $9k is the minimum.

I'm fine with my XC and the bevy of non-Triumph parts bolted on it for now. Some time down the road I might mess with the suspension and you would think that someone would have tackled the damn tubeless tire thing at a semi reasonable price by now. I'll blame that on the Beemer, KTM and Ducati guys and their free flowing bottomless wallets.
helotaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:33 AM   #135
soph9
Bike Addict

Quote:
I would buy this set up and for us no real dire need for the Ohlins suspension...but that is pretty nice though...I love the wheels...just had to plug my rear and not a problem and took all of 10 mins. Having tubes I know are better off road but in reality we are on the road more for work. Tubeless spoke wheels they have on the BMW 1200GSA...very nice set up. As for all the triumph Farkles, we had them on our "demo" bikes this summer and to be honest I really liked the Triumph aux lights, skid plate did it's job and we never had to test the engine guards but they are substantial.

It for nothing else this is a good ad for what can be done to the bike.