Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2011, 01:04 PM   #256
NICO
NWGS's pwner!1!!1!

Oddometer: 24,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
well of course you figuratively, its not like the lions have an ownership structure such as we have.

Packer shareholder since '97
Do they cut you dividends or anything for your shares? I always wondered about these 'stocks' gaining any value. Can you sell them on the CheeseHead Exchange or some such way?
NICO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #257
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICO View Post
Do they cut you dividends or anything for your shares? I always wondered about these 'stocks' gaining any value. Can you sell them on the CheeseHead Exchange or some such way?
i've received numerous items for my shares.
free hall of fame entrance on stockholder day, stadium tours, including locker room, practice feild, private practices, lunches, and some autographed items (woodson signed football last year).

My daughter gets the share so i'm not sure of resale,i don't think anyone would want to?
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:26 PM   #258
NICO
NWGS's pwner!1!!1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
i've received numerous items for my shares.
free hall of fame entrance on stockholder day, stadium tours, including locker room, practice feild, private practices, lunches, and some autographed items (woodson signed football last year).

My daughter gets the share so i'm not sure of resale,i don't think anyone would want to?
Just wondered. I had read the team offered another batch for sale recently. Didn't know if these were legit investment shares or gimmick.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:31 PM   #259
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 40,734
Detroit vs San Diego is one of the very interesting games this weekend. If the same SD that beat up the Ravens show up Detroit could have a tough day.

I hope Suh doesn't get too frustrated. He needs to cream Rivers about four times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskitts View Post
I'm sorry your dog died before you got to beat it with a dead chicken.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:09 AM   #260
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
I hope Suh doesn't get too frustrated. He needs to cream Rivers about four times.
That would be 12 fantasy points for me in playoffs, I'm hopeful!
Old 12-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #261
NICO
NWGS's pwner!1!!1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
Detroit vs San Diego is one of the very interesting games this weekend. If the same SD that beat up the Ravens show up Detroit could have a tough day.

Defense is still dinged up. If the DB's can play well, and this is helped immensely by the play of the front 4 (duh), then maybe SD's offense can be held in check. The Megatron Show needs to continue, and Pedigrew has to keep his hands on the ball. Some sort of running game would be nice too, but my faith in Kevin Smith is slight at best.

Either way, Cyberdos told me about drinking Coquitos around the holidays, so I'll be settling in with a couple glasses of that and enjoying what should be a helluva game. Just wish it would snow that night, so the boy and I could play a little Christmas morning football with the nieces and nephews.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:46 AM   #262
jocflier
Dammit, that hurt...

Oddometer: 2,457
All the lions need to do is throw toward Toe Jammer. That slow, over rated, get caught ever fucking time holding DB is going to get hung out to dry by the Lion.

Other than that, he's a nice guy.....

Rivers and company will need to light it up on the score board. But in the long run, they are going to get Teeboned again, as it looks like the Bills are mailing it in..
Old 12-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #263
NICO
NWGS's pwner!1!!1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocflier View Post
All the lions need to do is throw toward Toe Jammer. That slow, over rated, get caught ever fucking time holding DB is going to get hung out to dry by the Lion.

Other than that, he's a nice guy.....

Rivers and company will need to light it up on the score board. But in the long run, they are going to get Teeboned again, as it looks like the Bills are mailing it in..
Old 12-22-2011, 12:13 PM   #264
Hodag
native

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICO View Post
Just wondered. I had read the team offered another batch for sale recently. Didn't know if these were legit investment shares or gimmick.
they did offer up some leftovers from '97
as far as money making investments its a gimmick, its not like normal shares of stock. BUT its no ENRON stock either.

its like the early days (1920's) when they would pass the hat at games to keep the team going. this time they want to add more seats that will give essentially another give the revenue of another home game.

I'd say the team ownership model is working, we elect of BOD of WI business leaders and ex packers. The product on the field is great. I don't have to worry about them moving in the middle of the night.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #265
jocflier
Dammit, that hurt...

Oddometer: 2,457
Hello? Is anyone home in the SD secondary? Another bang up job of a game planning there Norm.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:42 PM   #266
1LIFE2LIVE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LIFE2LIVE View Post
Strong core of players, another excellent draft with some great free agent signings = Gonna be good, Real Good this season and should make the playoffs for the 1st time in a long, Long time

Lions 34 - Bengals 3

Told ya

It was KICK FUCKING ASS today at Ford Field and an early Christmas Present (Free Buddy's Pizza along with a Free Hair Cut @ Lady Jane's for those in attendance) for the Motor City watching the Lions decimate the Chargers 38 to 10 and in the process lock in their 1st Playoff game since 1999

The way they have Won these last three games and if they continue to improve, they could just maybe Win a Playoff game or two

An EXCELLENT season regardless !

1LIFE2LIVE screwed with this post 12-26-2011 at 05:30 PM
1LIFE2LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #267
1LIFE2LIVE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,042
Should be a Great game tonight vs. the Saints with the Lions just maybe doing something they haven't done since 1957 WIN a Playoff game on the road

1LIFE2LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #268
Crocodile Tears
The 906

Oddometer: 3,482
good thing you dont have to play against matt flynn again

2014 CB500X
2009 KLX250S
2005 Bandit 1200S
Crocodile Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #269
NICO
NWGS's pwner!1!!1!

I wondered when this would get a bump. Did you miss the last game or do we only talk Lions when they do something right?
Old 01-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #270
Hodag
native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile Tears View Post
good thing you dont have to play against matt flynn again
hey...they almost beat our JV team

go lions

Display Modes Rate This Thread