Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #421
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
thought KLIM would have listened to the hundreds of complaints regarding the height of the first collar
Hmmm. Hundreds of complaints? My Google Foo seems weak today - I searched a bit and the only complaints I could find were from you. So, was it really a widespread issue? I haven't read a lot of complaining about it.

Personally I disliked a lot of things about the Latitude and the Badlands but the collars were actually not too bad - but I also have a neck so that fits together ... Unfortunately I also have shoulders and no waist and no hips to speak of, so the Klim gear in general doesn't fit me well.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:12 AM   #422
ar1814
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
My collar is fine, it's great in the current weather (sub-freezing, around 0 Celsius) here in Central Europe.
ar1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:24 AM   #423
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar1814 View Post
My collar is fine, it's great in the current weather (sub-freezing, around 0 Celsius) here in Central Europe.
Ditto here. After break-in, my collar is perfect - I wouldn't change it a mm even if I could.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #424
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Hmmm. Hundreds of complaints? My Google Foo seems weak today - I searched a bit and the only complaints I could find were from you. So, was it really a widespread issue? I haven't read a lot of complaining about it.

Personally I disliked a lot of things about the Latitude and the Badlands but the collars were actually not too bad - but I also have a neck so that fits together ... Unfortunately I also have shoulders and no waist and no hips to speak of, so the Klim gear in general doesn't fit me well.
You may find my complaints public but why do you think KLIM allowed owners to ask for the MOD? Everyone I have run into that owns the original Latitude has had the same issue on the 86o collar. So, I would assume KLIM would be the only one to know just how many complained. If you listen to Revzilla videos and other they mention the height and why KLIM has used a softer material on the Misano.

Also, why do you think they came out with the new generation of this suit so quickly? The 860 was too stiff and heavy. We are all have our tastes in gear, but it is obvious KLIM knew pretty soon after the release of this suit that they had to make a serious change to appease their customers. I still think the change was not enough but I am confident this suit is not done evolving..IMHO
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #425
Bappo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 385
One of the reasons they made the Misano was because they were thinking ahead and there was no possibility of getting the 860 fabric in HiViz and they knew they were coming out with a HiViz this year, thus the Misano and it's fabric.

After 18000 miles on my Latitude 860 it is very comfortable, even the neck a few don't like.

Even so, I still plan on getting either the Misano or Badlands HiViz when it shows up on this side of the pond.
Bappo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #426
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,843
Quote:
You may find my complaints public but why do you think KLIM allowed owners to ask for the MOD?
Because they also "allow" for owners to ask for slightly different length in arms and legs? It's what they do: sell gear and if the adjustment is simple (taking away some fabric), why not? They are not doing any complex adjustments, but small ones - sure. I don't think that has anything to do with some people having shorter necks and being uncomfortable with the collar - if that was a case that required a complex adjustment: tough luck.

Quote:
Everyone I have run into that owns the original Latitude has had the same issue on the 86o collar.
Hmmm. Nobody I ran into while shopping for Klim gear had any issues with the collar - it was the rest of the jacket that was way too stiff. Especially for warmer climates where you don't were all too much underneath as these jackets are warm to begin with.

Quote:
Also, why do you think they came out with the new generation of this suit so quickly?
Because people had complaints. Lots of them. And rightly so. I just haven't seen anybody else but you complain about the collar. Sure, your complaint is all over the internet on every forum, blog, comment, wherever. And again - my Google Foo might be weak sometimes, but I haven't found a single other person complaining about it. If it were such a widespread issue as you want to believe, every second review would mention it. None of the reviews I read mentioned the collar to be a problem. Sure, they all mention that the 840 is very stiff material and they all mention that the Misano is much lighter and more comfortable, but I noticed absolutely none that mentioned issues with the collar.

You might have to accept that just because you have an issue with gear (like "grrl shape" or "collars too long") doesn't mean any other person has that same issue.

Just as I have to accept that just because I have a fitment issue with Klim gear (broad shoulders and super narrow waist and hips - their gear isn't made for that) it doesn't mean that ANY other person has that same issue. Some might have it to a degree or other but I haven't read much complaining about that one either - just myself saying that their gear fit is short and boxy. And that's what it is from my perspective.

Obviously Klim has a market for their stuff without making it more tailored or shortening the collar.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #427
eddyturn
Wannabe

Oddometer: 1,816
Old 03-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #428
knobbyjoe
knobbyjoe

Oddometer: 491
Read all 28 pages and did not see this question for pants

Traverse pant owners. Some answers to these questions please.

Traverse Pants

1. Is there enough room to fit big knee guards?

2. The older 840 is the same price as the Misanos... what is the difference and which one would you buy?

3. I fit into a Klim Dakkar size 34 a little tight and fit into a Klim baha size 36 a little loose. What size Traverse would you suggest.

Thanks

knobbyjoe screwed with this post 03-17-2013 at 10:57 PM
knobbyjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #429
knobbyjoe
knobbyjoe

Oddometer: 491
Holy Shmoly no replies.

I'll just ask...is the knee area large enough in Klim Latitude pants to take a knee brace/guard?
knobbyjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #430
divimon2000
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 589
I think so, pretty baggy in general except hips.
divimon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #431
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by knobbyjoe View Post
Holy Shmoly no replies.

I'll just ask...is the knee area large enough in Klim Latitude pants to take a knee brace/guard?
Yes!

If you see typos it's my phones fault!
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:12 AM   #432
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 7,828
Quote:
Traverse pant owners. Some answers to these questions please.

Traverse Pants

1. Is there enough room to fit big knee guards?

2. The older 840 is the same price as the Misanos... what is the difference and which one would you buy?

3. I fit into a Klim Dakkar size 34 a little tight and fit into a Klim baha size 36 a little loose. What size Traverse would you suggest.

Thanks
I wouldn't say you could fit "big" knee guards into the Traverse pants. They're... average. That size is probably different for everyone. In my experience, I would say the pockets for the knee guards are slight small. But that's just one opinion.

I believe the Misanos have lighter fabric. Same denier for abrasion resistance, but the fabric is more flexible.

If you're wearing jeans or something else under your Traverse, buy the 36s. Otherwise, I think they fit close to jean sizing. For example, I wear 36 jeans and bought 36 Traverse pants, which fit over my jeans and khakis just fine.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #433
AdrianB1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
I have 840 pants and Misano jacket: the fabric on Misano is softer and lighter, in the crash the jacket suffered much more than the pants from abrasion. I love the 840 pants and the next pair will be also 840, not Misano; same for the jacket, I don't think I need something softer if I lose on durability.
AdrianB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:01 PM   #434
Bappo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 385
Saw the HiViz Misano up close today. It has a nice new feature that will please many around here. There is now a velcro flap tab thing on the left collar that allows you to get that flappy collar piece out of the way

Did not see any new grey or black versions but I imagine they will come the same way.
Bappo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:46 PM   #435
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,220
The Klim Latitude Misano is now on my radar for my new jacket.

I just received Aerostich Darien pants and jacket in the mail last week. The pants definitely don't fit me. They sit too high (right around my belly button; I prefer a pant to sit at my waist) and will never fit me right no matter the size. I'm pretty sure I'm going to give the AD1s a try (a full-length leg zipper is a necessity for me), since they fit lower. I've been trying on the Darien jacket nearly daily for the past week while trying to decide, and the more I wear it, the less I like it. I've pretty much decided now that I will be returning the jacket and exchanging the pants...

I definitely want Hi-Viz and I definitely want something waterproof (and not a zip-in waterproof liner... Ugh.). I really only knew about Klim's Badlands pro and Adventure Ralley jackets, so I had always assumed Klim was out of my price range. I just happened to stumble upon the Latitude Misano and saw that it was not that much more expensive than the Dariens I had already purchased.

I am fortunate enough to live within about two hours of Revzilla, so I may make a ride down there next week to try the jacket on to see how it fits. The more I read about this jacket, the more it seems like what I am looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bappo View Post
Saw the HiViz Misano up close today. It has a nice new feature that will please many around here. There is now a velcro flap tab thing on the left collar that allows you to get that flappy collar piece out of the way

Did not see any new grey or black versions but I imagine they will come the same way.
Are they for sale now? Revzilla says the new Hi-Viz is on pre-order and won't be available until mid-May. Is that just at Revzilla? Or are they available elsewhere?

Newfoundland 2012

James Bay 2014
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote