Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2011, 03:53 PM   #76
katalyst
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
I measured from the crotch to the floor (per the guide at Revzilla), but maybe that measurement should have been to my ankle. Some gear will fit me: a small jacket and medium pants for the Revit Sand fit me nicely, but I really wanted to have the Goretex/waterproof shell, because I'm planning to ride across most of SE Asia and expect rain and sweat to be issues.

Damn it - this impossibly lanky body always causes issues.
katalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:57 PM   #77
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,283
you should call KLIM and ask them what they think...FWIW...
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #78
eddiefaulkner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Lime View Post
Got mine on Friday. Pretty happy with it, but the tall collar will take a little getting used to.

The jacket material is much stiffer than I expected - does anyone know if it "breaks in" ?
I put mine in the dryer on LOW heat for about 5 min and it loostened it up a lot.
eddiefaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:33 AM   #79
katalyst
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
you should call KLIM and ask them what they think...FWIW...
I'm determined to somehow make myself fit a Latitude or a Latitude fit me, so I called Klim and I think that pants can be solved, but the jacket remains to be seen. I'll see whether I can try a Traverse at the local distributor, and go from there. With a ride across Asia planned, I really do want that waterproof Goretex outer shell :)
Old 11-17-2011, 02:53 AM   #80
soph9
Bike Addict

good luck!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #81
katalyst
Adventurer

Well I managed to try on some Klim gear, albeit the Traverse suit. I can make the sizing work, but the question that has now arisen is whether I need the Latitude suit or something like a Rev'it Sand suit would be sufficient. My impression of the Sand was that it fit perfectly and was comfortable and flexible. The Traverse was clearly baggier, as a combination of the style, design (more of a shell), and sizing issues; and wasn't nearly as comfortable or flexible. The plan is to ride from Vietnam to India, through Laos, Thailand, Bangladesh and Nepal, over something like January-June next year, so I guess the main things that I'm weighing are comfort for an extended period versus protection from the weather, and particularly rain. Any insights, guys?
Old 11-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #82
soph9
Bike Addict

the Rev it uses waterproof liners...we owned a Cayenne Pro...sold it because of really one reason BIG reason..while the waterproof liner mainly worked in pouring rain the outside of the jacket got soaked, turned into a wet heavy jacket that felt like burlap. It took forever to dry out...also, I don't like waterproof liners because of where we mainly ride...sunny one minute, downpour next...we LOVE the shell concept, Gore Tex H20 proofing on the outside. That way we can choose our liners....be it a base hear, t-shirt, or our Gerbing's heated liner. Up to us and we are cover for all days. Up to to you....plus the life time guarantee is great and KLIM is great to work with...

Up to you....I also believe the KLIM gear would out last the Rev it. Just IMHO.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #83
katalyst
Adventurer

I completely agree with all of that, and they're the things that my rational mind keeps telling me, but then I put the Klim gear on and it just felt so damn goofy
Old 11-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #84
soph9
Bike Addict

comfort has to play a huge role in your decision...the Black Traverse versus the gray that we have I think looks sweet and feels great on us but if you are not comfortable in the KLIM then get the Rev it...work with it...comfort is also huge in our book.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #85
eddiefaulkner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLie View Post
Where'd you find an XL? Anymore online? I am seeing plenty of 2XL's but no-go for the L and XL.
BMW of Atlanta has a huge selection as of last Saturday. Give em a ring. Thay were most helpful in helping me pick out the right sizing for my needs. Very happy.
eddiefaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:57 PM   #86
katalyst
Adventurer

I think I'll go with the Latitude - ultimately I want the most functional and durable equipment, and the slimmer fit that has been reported in this thread is a bit of a comfort.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:57 AM   #87
DiamondLie
Banned

Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by katalyst View Post
I think I'll go with the Latitude - ultimately I want the most functional and durable equipment, and the slimmer fit that has been reported in this thread is a bit of a comfort.
You won't be sorry. I just got my suit direct from Klim and I can't imagine how anybody who really rides (damned be the weather) wouldn't appreciate all of the thought and engineering that went into the design of it.
DiamondLie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:26 AM   #88
csimon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Hi there. I have been watching this thread as i was in teh smae boat as everyone here too this past summer. I waited for the Klim and i have some and like their gear - but i went with the Rukka Armas and never looked back. I agree that Klim is going to last and better engineered than the Revit, but Rukka is a step above Klim in my opinion.

Didn't want to highjack the thread - but i wanted to offer an opionion. The rukka thread is around here.
csimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:42 AM   #89
soph9
Bike Addict

BMW COmfort Shell is another option for tall and long riders...waterproof, breathable..and my colleague swears by it
Old 11-23-2011, 12:31 PM   #90
Xeraux OP
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by csimon View Post
Hi there. I have been watching this thread as i was in teh smae boat as everyone here too this past summer. I waited for the Klim and i have some and like their gear - but i went with the Rukka Armas and never looked back. I agree that Klim is going to last and better engineered than the Revit, but Rukka is a step above Klim in my opinion.

Didn't want to highjack the thread - but i wanted to offer an opionion. The rukka thread is around here.
...And it comes with the pricetag to go with it.

The Rukka Armas is priced more in line and is comparable to the Klim Adventure Rally suit, not the Latitude.

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote