Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #91
csimon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
"...And it comes with the pricetag to go with it.

The Rukka Armas is priced more in line and is comparable to the Klim Adventure Rally suit, not the Latitude."

True - but these 2 suits are not going for the same type of rider.
csimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:59 PM   #92
Xeraux OP
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by csimon View Post
True - but these 2 suits are not going for the same type of rider.
Wait. The Armas and the Adventure Rally are priced similarly and are constructed similarly, but aren't aimed at "the same type of rider"?

So, which rider goes with which suit?

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #93
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux View Post
Wait. The Armas and the Adventure Rally are priced similarly and are constructed similarly, but aren't aimed at "the same type of rider"?

So, which rider goes with which suit?
The real adventure rider, or the wannabe with all the lights and shit on his (clean)GS buys the Adventure. The more sport touring oriented, classy() metro sexual type buys the Armas
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #94
Xeraux OP
Archvillain

Oddometer: 30,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
The real adventure rider, or the wannabe with all the lights and shit on his (clean)GS buys the Adventure. The more sport touring oriented, classy() metro sexual type buys the Armas
How do you get all of that hair product out of your helmet liner?

If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.
Xeraux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #95
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeraux View Post
How do you get all of that hair product out of your helmet liner?
Never used a helmet liner, or cleaned pads inside, but I do own an Armas suit. So confusing
1971 Lambretta DL
Old 11-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #96
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,116
More Product Availible

Just was over @ the Klim website and it looks like more stock has arrived.
The Laditude and badlands in all sizes are listed as availible.
The last batch went pretty fast, dont wait if this is what you want.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:43 PM   #97
sonoran
null device

Oddometer: 23,129
Just got a Latitude delivered from Revzilla today. It's nicer than I expected.. lots of great details and seems to be very well constructed. The sleeves are a tad long but I can live with it. Coming from an Olympia AST this jacket feels like a major upgrade in quality and protection.

This jacket is stiff... it'll take some time to break in.
sonoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:51 PM   #98
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoran View Post
Just got a Latitude delivered from Revzilla today. It's nicer than I expected.. lots of great details and seems to be very well constructed. The sleeves are a tad long but I can live with it. Coming from an Olympia AST this jacket feels like a major upgrade in quality and protection.

wash it...little detergent if needed and dry on high heat...should help soften it up...oh and take the armour out before washing...zip up all the zippers too
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:51 PM   #99
ghostryder
made it

Oddometer: 5,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoran View Post

I thought the same thing, after a few rides it loosens up.
ghostryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #100
gallowaystx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Not to threadjack here - but i'm 98% on a latitude and the damn rev'it legacy GTX keeps appearing in my peripheral vision. They are comparable price wise and are both goretex. The rev'it has thermal lining but i already own a mountain hardwear polartec mid-layer jacket that I was planning to use as my thermal with the Klim.

I own a pair of rukka armas pants (which I love) but can't afford the matching jacket unfortunately.

How warm is the klim by the way - how hot can you go vs how cold can you go with it (before you need to start layering)?

Anyone have any thoughts/insights on this at all?

I've never owned Klim gear before.
gallowaystx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:16 PM   #101
sonoran
null device

Well that's hard to say. It is really just a shell with no insulation and everyone has their comfort zone. I live in Phoenix so don't get into sub-freezing weather very often. For me I have a windproof fleece midlayer which should keep me warm for most of the time. I also have a warm & safe heated liner in case I'm riding into higher elevations.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #102
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Keep in mind the venting on the legacy goes straight to the hanging z liner. So, there really is no venting. It's basically the same thing as a removable liner, you just can't remove it. This is a no contest decision. The legacy shouldn't be in the same sentence.

Consider used market for the matching armas jacket. It is an amazin g suit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowaystx View Post
Not to threadjack here - but i'm 98% on a latitude and the damn rev'it legacy GTX keeps appearing in my peripheral vision. They are comparable price wise and are both goretex. The rev'it has thermal lining but i already own a mountain hardwear polartec mid-layer jacket that I was planning to use as my thermal with the Klim.

I own a pair of rukka armas pants (which I love) but can't afford the matching jacket unfortunately.

How warm is the klim by the way - how hot can you go vs how cold can you go with it (before you need to start layering)?

Anyone have any thoughts/insights on this at all?
I've never owned Klim gear before.
1971 Lambretta DL
Old 12-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #103
gallowaystx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Keep in mind the venting on the legacy goes straight to the hanging z liner. So, there really is no venting. It's basically the same thing as a removable liner, you just can't remove it. This is a no contest decision. The legacy shouldn't be in the same sentence.

Consider used market for the matching armas jacket. It is an amazin g suit!
I would LOOVE that - unfortunately they are few and far between in the fleamarket. The inmate that sold me the pants offered me a truly outstanding price for the matching jacket, unfortunately i think I need a 52 and he had a 50. I was able to get in to the pants due to my remarkable muffinlike physique.

That said - even at the phenomenal price that he offered me - it was still materially more than the latitude.

My guess is i will buy a latitude and ride it until an armas jacket shows up used in my size or even perhaps an everest. At that point, if it is fiscally responsible to do so, I'll try and flip the latitude for it.

Jim, 2 follow up questions -
1) Outside of the FM here and fleabay, where else is a good place to look for used high quality gear?
2) I tried on the latitude at revzilla in philly and I think I'm between sizes. The medium fits snug but the large feels too roomy. Advice?
gallowaystx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #104
Rainier_runner
Epic Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Traverse or Latitude?

So I just read through this entire thread, and am now thinking the Latitude is the suit for me. I was previously thinking the Traverse was gonna get the job done, but it would appear this is worth the extra cost for all the extra bells and whistles? Can those of you who have had both please give me your input on the cost to benefit between the 2? Or more importantly I guess, which of the 2 you'd pick if you had it to do over with your knowledge of both?

Is everbody out there using this gear still as happy as when you initially purchased it? Staying dry? Comfortable to ride in? Would you buy it again?

And lastly, how bout some pictures? I wanna see this gear in use!

Thanks in advance for the replies.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #105
sonoran
null device

Just spent the past 2 days riding in my new Latitude jacket and I have to say I'm really pleased with it. It kept we warm with just a fleece and t-shit in 30*F temps @ 75mph. As temps rose into the high 60's I just shed the fleece and opened the vents, it flows quite a lot of air. I was originally concerned the the lack of chest vents would be a problem but it really isn't. Sitting upright or standing on an adventure bike allows plenty of air in thru the sleeve vents and out thru the back vent. I really like not having velcro'd flaps over the vent zippers.. much easier to open/close or adjust on the fly.

I even had the chance to crash test it with a high side get off into a sand wash. No damage to me or the jacket.

Good stuff.