ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #256
ItsDoAble
Ravens follow me ...

Oddometer: 117
OK, let's run naked. Little urban assault / canyon runner, but will be selling it to get a DR650 (more versatility).

ItsDoAble screwed with this post 01-11-2012 at 08:40 PM
ItsDoAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #257
TrashCan
Scary Jerry

Oddometer: 4,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianstein View Post
Picked up my 2005 SV650 this past year and love it. Took this pic on a ride to the lake shore a few weeks back.

Something about SV's and water.

TrashCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #258
pista
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsDoAble View Post
OK, let's run naked. Little urban assault / canyon runner, but will be selling it to get a DR650 (more versatility).

Ah, the Gladius, absolutely love that bike! Why didn't they sell more over here? With its upgraded SV motor seems like it would be a perfect everyday ride.

pista screwed with this post 01-12-2012 at 12:06 PM
pista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #259
PHILinFRANCE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,119
DR 650 they even look good lying down
Old 01-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #260
GarryC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
We like Suzukis: The black one in front is my 2009 DR 200, then my 1997 DR 650. The two blue ones belong to my wife, a 2007 DR 200 and a 2007 DR 650.

2011 R1200GS
GarryC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #261
luckychucky
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,157
DR650 is a GIANT to me 5'8"

I know I can drop it with the back shock and lowering the front forks, but I don't want to. I just want to whine it's huge, so damn tall and heavy. I've strained my back twice trying to keep this thing from falling over. My VTX 1800 is so much easier to ride. My Harley is easier to ride than the DR. Unless your 6'+, I wouldn't consider this as a fun ride. I find it torture. I'm done. Sorry, everyone beat me up now and tell me how great it is, and I'm missing the good stuff. Yea, I'm missing the fuel injected, fire right up with out choking, waiting for the warm-up of the DR, that I have to struggle to get up on. Don't even start rolling backwards on a hill at 5'8". I know it's not the bikes fault I'm 5'8" and vertically challenged. It is a cool looking bike. But I wish I could take my VTX or Harley riding off road and hit the trails.
From Suzuki DR650 with Accessories

NOT THE BIKES FAULT. I picked it; It didn't pick me.
luckychucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #262
planemanx15
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckychucky View Post
I know I can drop it with the back shock and lowering the front forks, but I don't want to. I just want to whine it's huge, so damn tall and heavy. I've strained my back twice trying to keep this thing from falling over. My VTX 1800 is so much easier to ride. My Harley is easier to ride than the DR. Unless your 6'+, I wouldn't consider this as a fun ride. I find it torture. I'm done. Sorry, everyone beat me up now and tell me how great it is, and I'm missing the good stuff. Yea, I'm missing the fuel injected, fire right up with out choking, waiting for the warm-up of the DR, that I have to struggle to get up on. Don't even start rolling backwards on a hill at 5'8". I know it's not the bikes fault I'm 5'8" and vertically challenged. It is a cool looking bike. But I wish I could take my VTX or Harley riding off road and hit the trails.

NOT THE BIKES FAULT. I picked it; It didn't pick me.

What's your inseam? im also 5'8" with a 30" inseam on a stock dr650 (not lowered) and its fine for me. I do wish it had FI as well...
planemanx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #263
FUTURE
Left right out

Oddometer: 742
Why a Suzy? Because it replaced my BMW R100LT. The BMW failed to go anymore. I also didn't want to sink more money into it. So bought a 2002 1200 Bandit.

2009 Triumph Speedmaster.
FUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #264
luckychucky
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by planemanx15 View Post
What's your inseam? im also 5'8" with a 30" inseam on a stock dr650 (not lowered) and its fine for me. I do wish it had FI as well...
Same inseam, you must have longer toes. I'm always tipy-toeing!
luckychucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #265
KansasKawboy
KK

Oddometer: 809
My 2009 TU250X. It's a ball to ride!

KansasKawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:13 PM   #266
Darmie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
TU250's unite!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasKawboy View Post
My 2009 TU250X. It's a ball to ride!

Old 01-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #267
V8

Oddometer: 9,244
Put close to 20,000 miles on my DRZ.
V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #268
mikem9
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,222
Like many of you, I've owned a few different brands of bikes. I've liked mostly all of them. I've never really thought of it till reading this thread, but I guess I am a bit partial to Suzuki's. Over the past 40 years I've owned four of them and I don't remember ever taking a single one of them to the shop for anything other than normal wear and tear items.

My first motorcycle was a 1972 TS 50 Goucho like this one. A complete surprise by my Dad on my 12th Birthday. He led me to believe that I had to wait until I was 18 and buy my own, then surprised me. We spent a lot of time together over the next few months talking about motorcycles and riding.. He even went out and got one himself so we could ride together. He passed away suddenly a few months later. Ripped my heart out. That motorcycle became part of grief therapy. And, it never failed me.

I rode it for a few years and passed it down to my brother. We didn't know much about maintenance and abused the heck of it. Even submerged it a couple of times in a river. We modified it for dirt by taking off all the lights and cutting off the baffle. ha!

After a few Yamaha's, my next Suzuki was an 01 DRZ400. Great bike. I sold it to a buddy who eventually got out of riding but lends it to our riding group as an insurance bike for trips we take out to the Rockies. It has made several trips and has been ridden by many riders. It's earned the nickname "Thor".

For a period of time I became nostalgic and bought this vintage 1977 Suzuki TS 185. It reminded me of my first bike. I loved tooling around the local backroads on that thing for a while.

A few years ago I became interested in street bikes. A riding buddy of mine sold me his well cared for 2000 SV 650. It was a great bike. Enjoyed the heck out of learning to ride street on that bike. Again, bullet proof all the way. Never had one bit of trouble after thousands of miles

I sold the SV and after a while without a street bike I got the bug again in a big way. Decided to try to find the cheapest, most dependable, current technology and fun sport touring bike I could find. After considering a few choices, I decided I liked the Bandit the best. Have thoroughly enjoyed this 2003 Bandit 1200 S - it's been a blast. So far, after several thousand miles I've only had to change the oil and tires.

It doubles as my Adventure touring bike

Come to think of it, I am a bit partial to Suzuki's. Fun, good value and bullet proof dependable.

mikem9 screwed with this post 01-17-2012 at 10:13 PM
mikem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:55 AM   #269
ThomasVolomitz OP
New Old Stock

Oddometer: 4,349
In the last two years I have owned the following Suzukis. Loved every one of them and they were all dead reliable. Now I am down to the two DR's, replacing the bigger bikes with a Triumph.

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #270
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,796
My Suzuki and why I prefer it? Well you asked ~ ~ ~

It all started with a littel ride to Baja and that's all it took and I was hooked on the Superbug . If you check out the shared ride report mine starts on pg 10 then skip to pg 20 after a couple pages move on to pg 28, & pg 31

Baja, there's nothing like it.

And the sunrises

The Superbug takes me to National Parks.

Historic Highways

So much fun in the deserts.

One of my favorite places and the Superbug took me there too.

I don't like riding in the snow with it though.

The_Superbug_rode_west_to_meet_Herbie

The Superbug took me on an Itty_Bitty_Bike_Tour to Jarbidge, NV

The Superbug makes a friend during a ride in North_Idaho

It even does a Peach pose with me.

It looks good posing with yellow flowers

The Superbug takes me to the Odessa, WA to watch the races at The_Desert_100

And biggest reason I like my Suzuki is because it makes me giggle.......

I've had a blast with this bike, it's not the fastest but neither am I. That doesn't matter because I enjoy the slower pace so I can enjoy all that is along the way. I plan to have a lot more fun with it too, Larryboy got 90,000 out of his bike and he doesn't ride easy so I have a lot of miles ahead of me with the Superbug
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote