ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #31
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,437

Here's to you Big Girl!
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #32
guns_equal_freedom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,437
This was a great day for a ride, not too hot, not too long, just technical enough to keep it interesting, easy enough to haul ass.

There was even a snowball fight!
The snow was just right for making snowballs, Harry got macked right in the helmet.

I skipped lunch, but I did have a great vanilla shake.

Thanks for the great time Keith and Steve!
guns_equal_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:31 PM   #33
sirloynz
Puny Human

Oddometer: 1,095

That's a cool shot of Dirty Face Mountain, Guns.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:30 AM   #34
shrubitup
Uncouth Sloth

Oddometer: 1,100
Am thinking I need to get acquainted with this area. Love all those pics. Those Kenda 270s are the bomb!

Each bike is setup nicely too. That Double H guy is an animal. He could of at least left his camp stuff at your trucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns_equal_freedom View Post

And of course, cold liquid refreshments after the ride!
After? Really?
shrubitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #35
WetSideRider
Recidivist Dirtbag

Oddometer: 1,099
Dang, now you guys have found another place I have to go explore. Looks like a trials ride to me, not a DRZ400 with 25 lbs of extra stuff. Double H must carry that stuff to keep it interesting. Last time I rode with him he just flatted a rear tire to challenge himself.
WetSideRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #36
kwisn OP
One Happy Dog

Oddometer: 8,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubitup View Post
Am thinking I need to get acquainted with this area. Love all those pics. Those Kenda 270s are the bomb!

Each bike is setup nicely too. That Double H guy is an animal. He could of at least left his camp stuff at your trucks.

After? Really?
We offered H2 the chance to put his Coyote Bag in the truck but he said he'd be OK. That thing didn't get in his way or slow him down fer sure.
Re: after? We started pretty early and he had to ride the thang home.
I put a voice mail on his phone as we were driving by his his exit listening to Thorogood in my air conditioned truck 'cause I'm "Bad To The Bone". He called me a few hours later when he got home saying he was "red as a tomato". Long haul up sun, so to speak.
Great day, great ride, great friends, no body got hurt. It doesn't get much better than that.
Gums let me ride his 300 for a few miles down the mountain. Lets just say it would take more than a couple of miles to get accustomed to no clutch and foot brake and clutch lever now operates a rear brake that actually stops the bike.

I think you'd look like less of an ass if you'd shut the fuck up more often. Boondoggle
kwisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #37
shrubitup
Uncouth Sloth

Oddometer: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwisn View Post
Lets just say it would take more than a couple of miles to get accustomed to no clutch and foot brake and clutch lever now operates a rear brake that actually stops the bike.
Now that'd be weird. I thought that foot brake thingy was for brake sliding. You actually got it to stop the bike? Those Rekluse people got some weird ideas. Brembo brakes prolly also help.

That hyde skid plate looks good. Bet it keeps that pipe all shiny for years!

Sounds like Double H is training for an enduro cross entry next year. Seems it would take some endurance to ride trail and then back home but that's what all the ADV riders do I guess.
shrubitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #38
n16ht5
ride the night

Oddometer: 2,222
Awesome RR. Jealousy doesn't quite cover it
n16ht5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:25 PM   #39
mlyamkaw
Drill Baby Drill

Oddometer: 517
Nice photos, I didn't stop for any. I am the guy that stopped to talk with you at the top. Sounds like you ran into a different group of horses on the way down?

Did one of you lose a plate? I found one today at the trail head. Someone must have put it there, as it wasn't there yesterday. Let me know, I have it in my possession.

Roy
14 KTM 500 EXC
mlyamkaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #40
kwisn OP
One Happy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyamkaw View Post
Nice photos, I didn't stop for any. I am the guy that stopped to talk with you at the top. Sounds like you ran into a different group of horses on the way down?

Did one of you lose a plate? I found one today at the trail head. Someone must have put it there, as it wasn't there yesterday. Let me know, I have it in my possession.

Roy
Hi Roy,
Someone left a plate (beat up) on the rock at the trailhead. We're all good. It might have been from the local on the KDX that was leaving as we were getting started. Grey Mazda P/U with a sweet extremely quiet late model KDX. Figure he's got to be local as he was done by 9:15 or so.
Sorry we didn't do the proper intros, nice to meet and talk with you anyway. You'll have to show us around your neck of the woods sometime.
Yep, new group of horseys on the way down. We stopped and rode some logging roads and came back to the trail. I just knew were going to meet some coming up that they let me lead in my slow and deliberate pace. When I was rounding a switchback I heard a whistle, looked up a saw their guide rider stopped on the trail trying to get our attention. I pulled off the trail as soon as I was stopped and when I put my foot down it just happed to be in a ditch. You know what happened next. As I was trying to get out from under my bike the guide was asking if I was OK. I told him I was fine and do this all the time. He was cracking up, the next rider (some cutie) didn't look too hapy and her boyfriend was alll smiles. I actually do that enough that I wasn't even embarrased.

I think you'd look like less of an ass if you'd shut the fuck up more often. Boondoggle
Old 08-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #41
liv2rydktms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,242
Holy Smokes!

If you hadn't told me where you were I would have bet you were on the GP boundary trail by Shark Rock! I kinda thought those Kendas acted a bit like a trails tire instead of a knobby in dry dusty stuff. They don't perform to badly actually!

None of that kinda riding for me this year, Great to see you guys out!

That H squared guy is one of my Heros!
IBA#33733
"R" Death Valley trip

liv2rydktms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #42
oldx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,094
Great pictures and RR guy's, thanks for posting all the pic's.
oldx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:59 AM   #43
Double H
Hurricane Harry

Oddometer: 1,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyamkaw View Post

Roy
Small world. It was really nice chatting with you, hope to see you on the trail again.
Double H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:06 AM   #44
kwisn OP
One Happy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2rydktms View Post
If you hadn't told me where you were I would have bet you were on the GP boundary trail by Shark Rock! I kinda thought those Kendas acted a bit like a trails tire instead of a knobby in dry dusty stuff. They don't perform to badly actually!

None of that kinda riding for me this year, Great to see you guys out!

That H squared guy is one of my Heros!
He's one of mine, too.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #45
Double H
Hurricane Harry

Oddometer: 1,312
You guys do know I'm jinxed don't you
Double H is offline   Reply With Quote