User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2014, 07:58 AM   #1
Hammerdown77 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Kevlar lined riding jeans

I am having a hard time finding a pair of riding jeans that meet my specific requirements, and am wondering if maybe I'm just looking for something that doesn't exist. Hopefully someone here has found or used something similar to what I'm looking for.

Here's what I want:

- Cut like Levi's 505 or similar. Basically a regular (not relaxed) cut, not super low rise, not high rise, not baggy in the legs (boot cut is ok) like over pants.
- Needs to come in lengths long enough for my 36in inseam
- Not outrageously styled (this is subjective, but still a consideration)
- Good protection with lining over the butt, hips, and knees
- Armor is a don't care, as I will likely be wearing slip on/strap on armor underneath
- Under $200 (under $150 would be even better)

That last requirement may be the killer, along with the second one (length) in some brands.

Also, since I know some will suggest it, Motoport is not an option right now.

Has anyone here found anything close to what I'm searching for, or am I just SOL?
Hammerdown77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:14 AM   #2
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 7,278
I bought a pair of Alpinestars Resist riding jeans. If I remember correctly, they were right at $200. I think they fit like regular Levis jeans, maybe slightly tighter. I'm 6'3" with a 34" inseam, but they are definitely long enough on me so I think they would work for you. They might look just slightly short. Most people can't tell them from regular jeans. Good protection. Kevlar is knees, hips, and butt, I think.

Now, I'm not sure if Alpinestars still makes the Resist, but you should definitely check out the brand.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:26 AM   #3
Hammerdown77 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

The Astars jeans look very close to what I want, except for the available lengths in the waist size I would wear (36 or 38). But as you have found, sometimes the lengths are longer than what is listed in the size chart. Guess I'll just have to order a pair and try them on.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:43 AM   #4
outlaws
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 274
If I had money I would probably try this vendor out seems promising:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...highlight=jean
outlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:56 AM   #5
Chiriqui Charlie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 344
I just bought a pair of Scorpion Covert jeans from MotorCycle Closeouts, I think they were 100 bucks, LOTS of Kevlar, and they have pockets for armor. I ordered my regular jean size, they fit perfectly except that the legs are too long and need to be seamed up for me. They look and feel great, I am a happy camper.
Chiriqui Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:28 AM   #6
drz919
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
I think you will be hard press to meet the last requirement if you want kevlar that goes down to the thighs (as it should so you are protected when your jeans bunch up). if you are buying kevlar I would consider that covering more than just your ass in Kevlar be a requirement. You also want hip and knee protection integrated.

So the two that come to my mind that meets that requirement are Hood Jeans and Lean Angle Jeans. Hood comes with D30 and Lean Angle comes with ForceField.

I have a pair of hood jeans and the knee pads can be adjusted in height by placing it on a velcro strip inside the jeans. That might be another feature to look for since with the pocket insert type jeans you are kinda stuck with the location of the knee pad.

p.s. Hood will alter leg lengths for no cost
drz919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:29 AM   #7
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,685
http://www.compacc.com/p/agv-sport-corsica-kevlar-jeans

You're welcome.
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #8
Hammerdown77 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
This was about the only pair I had found that seemed to match all of my criteria, but I was a little uncertain on the sizing (based on reviews that said either order your size, or order a size up). I may just go ahead and order a pair in my size and plan on exchanging or returning them if they don't work. So have you used these? Do you like them?
Old 10-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #9
Questor
More Undestructable

Oddometer: 4,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiriqui Charlie View Post
I just bought a pair of Scorpion Covert jeans from MotorCycle Closeouts, I think they were 100 bucks, LOTS of Kevlar, and they have pockets for armor. I ordered my regular jean size, they fit perfectly except that the legs are too long and need to be seamed up for me. They look and feel great, I am a happy camper.
+1
These have 165G Kevlar from the waist all the way down to below the knees.
Front:

Back:

Crotch to bottom hem measures 33".
Q~
Questor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:50 AM   #10
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,042
Finn Moto kevlar jeans.

Offered in 300 gsm and 450 gsm, full coverage, kevlar! I wouldn't go with less than 300 gsm myself (it's one of the reasons why I chose these jeans) since less than that seems ineffective to me. This amount of Kevlar lasts 4 seconds in the abrasion test so imagine how long ~150 gsm would last.

Around 150$ + shipping from Australia for the 300 gsm model and around 200$ + shipping for the 450 gsm model. They come with knee pads too.

Not sure if the cut is what you're after though. But I must say that they look very good in indiglo blue.

http://www.finnmoto.com.au/mens-motorcycle-pants/

I bought the 300 gsm model, in blue, on Ebay and I very like these jeans. OK, they are hot in traffic in the heat but what can we expect from this kind of pants and protection anyway?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Mens-Blue-Mot...3cb54a&vxp=mtr

SgtDuster screwed with this post 10-14-2014 at 11:57 AM
SgtDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:52 AM   #11
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerdown77 View Post
This was about the only pair I had found that seemed to match all of my criteria, but I was a little uncertain on the sizing (based on reviews that said either order your size, or order a size up). I may just go ahead and order a pair in my size and plan on exchanging or returning them if they don't work. So have you used these? Do you like them?
I haven't, because they didn't have any armor, which I wanted. I do have a pair of the Slider Cargo pants for around town / casual riding when I'm just riding to go hang out somewhere. They're thick, and a bit warm in the summer, a bit baggier than I'd prefer, and I've swapped out the knee pads for 3DO pads, but other than that, they're OK for the price. I've been thinking of picking up a pair of the Slider Khakis and/or Jeans as a second pair.
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:28 PM   #12
Phat Ham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Another option is kevlar liners underneath regular jeans: http://www.dragginjeans.com/draggin-liners/

note: there are two different companies that go by draggin jeans. One is the above company, and the other is an australian company at dragginjeans.net
Phat Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:57 PM   #13
bwringer
Gimpy, Yet Alacritous

Oddometer: 2,119
Diamond Gusset Defenders.

However, you might consider them baggy. I don't know how skinny your legs are nor do I want to know. They fit my mighty loins just fine.

Really comfy, they look great, and they're extremely well made. Only $125. Get on the email list and they have sales every so often.

http://www.americangusset.com/defender_page
"Do not crinkle your food wrappers loudly. Be considerate to others, or I will bite your torso and give you a disease."
bwringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:59 AM   #14
Hammerdown77 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
I haven't, because they didn't have any armor, which I wanted. I do have a pair of the Slider Cargo pants for around town / casual riding when I'm just riding to go hang out somewhere. They're thick, and a bit warm in the summer, a bit baggier than I'd prefer, and I've swapped out the knee pads for 3DO pads, but other than that, they're OK for the price. I've been thinking of picking up a pair of the Slider Khakis and/or Jeans as a second pair.
I have a pair of the Sliders jeans. They fit well in the waist/hips/butt, but they are like over pants through the legs. Waay baggy. Other than that, they're ok, and they're fine on the bike, pretty comfortable actually.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:46 AM   #15
Mobiker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,572
I too like the Scorpion Coverts. I don't like baggy jeans. My preferred jean is the Wrangler cowboy cut. I find the Coverts similar enough that I forget I'm not wearing wranglers. I've worn mine on 2 different multi day trips and find them very comfortable.
The knee pockets are worthless, positioning the pads way high and to the inside when on the bike. I wear strap on knee protectors instead. The hip pockets are positioned fine, but are a little small. The sas-tec triangular pads and MSR d30 pads will fit.
$120 all over the web.
"If I was in a hurry, I'd left earlier."
Mobiker is offline   Reply With Quote