ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 08:16 AM   #61
noobinacan
Adventurer
 
noobinacan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Charlotte NC
Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac-O View Post
You can mount a tire changer a the center of a reinforced 4' X 4' piece of plywood if you want to kee it mobile...
Jac-O

thanks that's what I did...
__________________
05-cbr600rr
06-s3
Rukus


noobinacan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:00 PM   #62
huero
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Oklahoma/Idaho
Oddometer: 121
I know this is an old thread. However, I wonder if you are still pleased with your atlas? Any problems? Issues?

Thanks,
Huero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartV View Post
I bought an Atlas TC211 a few years ago from Greg Smith Equipment. Now it's the TC221.

$995

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/At...1-Tire-Changer

It is awesome. No regrets whatsoever. I charge my friends $10 a wheel to mount and balance tires for them. The machine has over half paid for itself, just from that. Not even counting how much I've saved on my own tire changes.

I've changed sportbike tires, 21" dirtbike tires. I even changed the tires on my 20" truck wheels.

I looked at No-mar before I got this one and decided it was worth the extra money. Now, 5 years or so later, I still feel the same way.
huero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:54 PM   #63
StuartV
Motorcyclist
 
StuartV's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Bristow, VA
Oddometer: 1,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by huero View Post
I know this is an old thread. However, I wonder if you are still pleased with your atlas? Any problems? Issues?

Thanks,
Huero.
Yep. Still love it! And love Greg Smith customer service! Not that I've needed it for anything with my tire machine. I put new tires on my GS about 3 weeks ago and was, once again, reminded how awesome the machine is.
__________________
- Stu
'09 R12GS, '05 GSX-R1000
Iron Butt # 4999, WERA/CCS EX # 666 (currently, expired), AMA Life Member
Racer, Drummer, Bassist, Software Engineer
StuartV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #64
Photowriter
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2014
Oddometer: 16
Professional tyre change

If you like to see a real professional tyre change look at this video

http://youtu.be/DGavyzrnJDo
Photowriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:57 PM   #65
MtnRider2
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MtnRider2's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Oddometer: 136
Just ordered my No-Mar Jr. Pro and can't wait to get it. I wanted something that was more portable hence the No-Mar vs. pneumatic.

Regarding price....if you are able to get to the IMS you will get a bit of savings.

A big aspect I really like is they are made in the USA and the owners are very nice people too!
MtnRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:33 PM   #66
X1Glider
Studly Adventurer
 
X1Glider's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: Tomball, TX
Oddometer: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnRider2 View Post
Just ordered my No-Mar Jr. Pro and can't wait to get it. I wanted something that was more portable hence the No-Mar vs. pneumatic.

Regarding price....if you are able to get to the IMS you will get a bit of savings.

A big aspect I really like is they are made in the USA and the owners are very nice people too!
You won't be sorry.

I've taken my Classic to Bonneville and the track very often since 2001 and use the hitch mount. The SUV isn't going anywhere when I jam on it. I only have a few minor rust spots considering salt exposure and 24/7 humid Texas air hits it. I can honestly say I've done a few hundred tires on it. Mine and everyone elses that's knows I have one.

Tips for the bar are the only thing that gets abused.

That said, a lot of people prefer the Mojo lever but I can't compare it myself.
__________________
Bob Krzeszkiewicz - 2013 Christini 450E - 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - 2000 Harley Davidson FXDX - 1999 Buell X1
X1Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:34 AM   #67
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....
 
PineyMountainRacing's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: SW Florida / Western NC
Oddometer: 2,171
I ordered this yesterday - been shopping for 2 years now. Wanted to find a used one local, but they are either worn out or new money.



I've been using a home built NoMar style for 7 years and have done hundreds of tires. But need something that can handle light truck and trailer (especially 10-12 ply). Looked at the Greg Smith Atlas line as well and if I was mainly doing moto would have probably gone with the TC211. My lift is from GS and I've been delighted with it.

Gotta make room in the shop, it will be here Wednesday
PineyMountainRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:21 PM   #68
StuartV
Motorcyclist
 
StuartV's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Bristow, VA
Oddometer: 1,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by PineyMountainRacing View Post
I ordered this yesterday - been shopping for 2 years now. Wanted to find a used one local, but they are either worn out or new money.



I've been using a home built NoMar style for 7 years and have done hundreds of tires. But need something that can handle light truck and trailer (especially 10-12 ply). Looked at the Greg Smith Atlas line as well and if I was mainly doing moto would have probably gone with the TC211. My lift is from GS and I've been delighted with it.

Gotta make room in the shop, it will be here Wednesday
My truck is a RAM 1500 with 20" wheels. I have changed the tires on it using my Atlas. No problem at all....
__________________
- Stu
'09 R12GS, '05 GSX-R1000
Iron Butt # 4999, WERA/CCS EX # 666 (currently, expired), AMA Life Member
Racer, Drummer, Bassist, Software Engineer
StuartV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:03 PM   #69
Faustus
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: PNW...Motorcycle Nirvana
Oddometer: 284
My Hofmann Monty 1520 M. Having a machine do all the work makes it a lot easier, faster and fun



__________________
2006 KTM950 ADV
Faustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:14 PM   #70
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....
 
PineyMountainRacing's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: SW Florida / Western NC
Oddometer: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartV View Post
My truck is a RAM 1500 with 20" wheels. I have changed the tires on it using my Atlas. No problem at all....
Yeahbut, they're probably not 12 ply, both DW and GS said their base model moto changer could do regular car and light truck tires. I have a couple equipment trailers that I can't get enough weight capacity with 16" radials, thus the bias ply.
PineyMountainRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:42 AM   #71
num1husker
Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Eltopia
Oddometer: 90
tire changer

I've had my atlas for about 5 years now and it has changed a lot of tires in that time. I would have a tire day and my friends would come over and make a garage day of it.
__________________
Http://www.2WheelsToRadio.com
num1husker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:17 PM   #72
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored
 
HaChayalBoded's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: BRC \ NYC
Oddometer: 7,571
Fancy shmancy.

This one has worked great since 1915, nearly 100 years.

Oh and it'll do a 24" rim.

It's changed countless GS and KTM tires over the years without complaining.

HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:03 PM   #73
PineyMountainRacing
Oops....
 
PineyMountainRacing's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: SW Florida / Western NC
Oddometer: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1husker View Post
I've had my atlas for about 5 years now and it has changed a lot of tires in that time. I would have a tire day and my friends would come over and make a garage day of it.]
Good idea, back when I built my old one there were small shops charging 15-20 to flip a tire. Now, all the shops are double and triple that, and some won't even do carry in tires.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
Fancy shmancy.

This one has worked great since 1915, nearly 100 years.

Oh and it'll do a 24" rim.

It's changed countless GS and KTM tires over the years without complaining.

Fancy indeed, we need a video of it in action
PineyMountainRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:43 PM   #74
MtnRider2
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MtnRider2's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
My Hofmann Monty 1520 M. Having a machine do all the work makes it a lot easier, faster and fun



Now that has a few nice accessories to make life oh so much easier!!!! Had I not wanted portable this would have been the purchase!
MtnRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014