ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 06:58 AM   #1
bsmith77 OP
n00b
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Oddometer: 2
St Regis, MT to St Joe River Road, ID Gravel Road Condition?

Does anyone know the current condition of the gravel road portion (10mi?) of the St Regis, MT to ST Joe River Road, ID route? I understand it has been packed gravel in past years; suitable for sport/touring bikes.
bsmith77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:07 AM   #2
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Sagle, Idaho
Oddometer: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith77 View Post
Does anyone know the current condition of the gravel road portion (10mi?) of the St Regis, MT to ST Joe River Road, ID route? I understand it has been packed gravel in past years; suitable for sport/touring bikes.
It seems like it is graded regularly. Dry, dusty and loose gravel. Not much fun, but not a problem either, for any bike. Worth the effort, the upper St. Joe River Road is a fantastic stretch of pavement.
IdahoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:54 AM   #3
bsmith77 OP
n00b
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRenegade View Post
It seems like it is graded regularly. Dry, dusty and loose gravel. Not much fun, but not a problem either, for any bike. Worth the effort, the upper St. Joe River Road is a fantastic stretch of pavement.
Thanks for the update; all the reports I found are at least a year old, so I was concerned about any winter damage. I hope to loop back via this route over Labor Day on my R1100RT.

Brad
bsmith77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:19 AM   #4
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Sagle, Idaho
Oddometer: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith77 View Post
Thanks for the update; all the reports I found are at least a year old, so I was concerned about any winter damage. I hope to loop back via this route over Labor Day on my R1100RT.

Brad
It shouldn't be any kind of problem. I was over there ~2-3 weeks ago.
IdahoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014