i knew he would say that

some guys just wanna help, thanks again for the input stretch
Old 03-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #783
MoonBeamer
The Mountains are calling

Oddometer: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleplant View Post
sorry bout that , i keep forgetting to update the quantity in the page i added 20 more , the Rubicon is a great rack , very handy
the utility can carry gas , the BBQ can carry a wide soft bag
I don't think that any of these will effect your riding

So I got by Rubicon rack today. I installed it in only a few mins. I am glad I got the wider rack as it looks like it will help to protect the bike more on a fall. I love the fit and finish of the rack. Only thing I have to gripe about... Stickers!! only one little sticker. How about making up a a batch of cool Manrack stickers? Include them in the order so we can make our bikes go faster. I'll be sporting the rack at the March Moto Madness in Tellico Plains in a few weeks and I am sure that there will be folks asking about it.

I ordered a rotopax 1.75gal and it should be here this week. I'll post pics of it all in stalled on my CRF250L I hope the 1.75 isn't too big.
2010 R1200GS Ready for Adventure
MoonBeamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #784
jungleplant OP
Motorcyle Stuff

Oddometer: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeamer View Post
So I got by Rubicon rack today. I installed it in only a few mins. I am glad I got the wider rack as it looks like it will help to protect the bike more on a fall. I love the fit and finish of the rack. Only thing I have to gripe about... Stickers!! only one little sticker. How about making up a a batch of cool Manrack stickers? Include them in the order so we can make our bikes go faster. I'll be sporting the rack at the March Moto Madness in Tellico Plains in a few weeks and I am sure that there will be folks asking about it.

I ordered a rotopax 1.75gal and it should be here this week. I'll post pics of it all in stalled on my CRF250L I hope the 1.75 isn't too big.
you will be ok with that one , you know i have heard that they do make a bike faster let us know how the trip goes ok
Old 03-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #785
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,518
You have been busy. I fell off the face of the earth for awhile. I will be picking up a set of hog legs from you. It seems that when you loop the pig and she lands on her ass that she breaks the subframe. Got it welded up, but she needs some more support.

I am not in a hurry since I broke me up in a seperate crash.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #786
jungleplant OP
Motorcyle Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
You have been busy. I fell off the face of the earth for awhile. I will be picking up a set of hog legs from you. It seems that when you loop the pig and she lands on her ass that she breaks the subframe. Got it welded up, but she needs some more support.

I am not in a hurry since I broke me up in a seperate crash.
OH NO, WTF happened we are still out in back waiting for ya did you go on your trip
Old 03-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #787
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Quote:
OH NO, WTF happened we are still out in back waiting for ya did you go on your trip
Long story, I did not go to AK, FIL died (Cancer sucks), Went on a little CDR ride with some buddies. I actually crashed their ride. Had a great time on the Really big pig 1200GS.

I broke the XRL at a Jimmy Lewis class and I did not know it. She just got away from me.....

I broke me up a month ago. On the really big pig, riding up by Big Sur I did not see the fine layer of sand on the hard packed dirt and washed out the front end. Here is the result...

6 more weeks on no physical activity then we will see.

F*CK CANCER
Old 03-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #788
jungleplant OP
Motorcyle Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
Long story, I did not go to AK, FIL died (Cancer sucks), Went on a little CDR ride with some buddies. I actually crashed their ride. Had a great time on the Really big pig 1200GS.

I broke the XRL at a Jimmy Lewis class and I did not know it. She just got away from me.....

I broke me up a month ago. On the really big pig, riding up by Big Sur I did not see the fine layer of sand on the hard packed dirt and washed out the front end. Here is the result...

6 more weeks on no physical activity then we will see.
This might cheer you up

jungleplant screwed with this post 03-05-2013 at 05:50 PM
jungleplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #789
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Quote:
This might cheer you up

Me likee. I have the follow on x-ray. But I don't want to be banned!

Just think girls mouth open and.....................................

F*CK CANCER
Old 03-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #790
Tom_C
probably wrecked

Oddometer: 92
Hey all, don't have time to go through 53 pages, so I wanted to ask two quick questions. Just picked up an xr650L, and am debating on the Rubicon, or the super duty bagless racks. I plan on putting the Wolfman side racks and dry bags on, and wondered if there would be any issue with either of these racks being compatible with the wolfman setup. Also, the super duty appears to be the stronger rack, but I move around a lot on the bike, and have concerns about the side tubes of the rack being in the way when I am way back on the seat. Is that an issue?

Thanks in advance!

Tom
Old 03-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #791
Spud Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_C View Post
Hey all, don't have time to go through 53 pages, so I wanted to ask two quick questions. Just picked up an xr650L, and am debating on the Rubicon, or the super duty bagless racks. I plan on putting the Wolfman side racks and dry bags on, and wondered if there would be any issue with either of these racks being compatible with the wolfman setup. Also, the super duty appears to be the stronger rack, but I move around a lot on the bike, and have concerns about the side tubes of the rack being in the way when I am way back on the seat. Is that an issue?

Thanks in advance!

Tom
I've owned a SuperDuty rack for several years. You can slip back all the way on the saddle, and you side rails won't bother you. I recommend the SuperDuty rack if you are going to be carrying any significant weight on the rack.

Spud
2005 XR650L: Shorai Battery Relocation, Spud Oil Cooler, XR650R C/S Sprocket, Reinforced Subframe, Chain Slipper Roller, Performance Design Lowering Link, Baja Designs Headlight, FMF Hi-Flo Header, ManRacks SD Rack, ManRacks Front Fender Farkle, CST Surge I Front Tire, D952 Rear Tire, Tusk D-Flex Handguards, Uni Air Filter, No-Toil Evolution air filter oil
Spud Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #792
jungleplant OP
Motorcyle Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud Rider View Post
I've owned a SuperDuty rack for several years. You can slip back all the way on the saddle, and you side rails won't bother you. I recommend the SuperDuty rack if you are going to be carrying any significant weight on the rack.

Spud
what Spud said
Old 03-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #793
Tom_C
probably wrecked

Thanks for the quick response! Looks like one is in my future...

Anyone out there with wolfman experience?
Old 03-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #794
Tom_C
probably wrecked

Just want to say that the customer service was great, and the rack seems very quality, and worth every penny. Still am going to have to see how the wolfman pannier rackts fit, but worst case am going to have to spend an afternoon at the local screw and nut place to make sure I get a long enough bolt. I bolted everything up in about 10 minutes, and it sure seems sturdy. No trips to Alaska yet, though it seems to be able to handle it. Again, customer service was top notch, and it's always a pleasure dealing with the business owner rather than a salesman, as I was contacted and responded to in an extremely timely manner, no matter how many adult beverages I may have had... :) Thrilled to have, and to support a "local" business, and can say nothing negative about manracks. They even still honored the "mention your adv name and get free tie downs" special that was mentioned at the beginning of the thread. Granted, a different design, but still very functional, and very dirtworthy. Did I say I am very pleased yet? :)
Old 03-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #795
jungleplant OP
Motorcyle Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_C View Post
Just want to say that the customer service was great, and the rack seems very quality, and worth every penny. Still am going to have to see how the wolfman pannier rackts fit, but worst case am going to have to spend an afternoon at the local screw and nut place to make sure I get a long enough bolt. I bolted everything up in about 10 minutes, and it sure seems sturdy. No trips to Alaska yet, though it seems to be able to handle it. Again, customer service was top notch, and it's always a pleasure dealing with the business owner rather than a salesman, as I was contacted and responded to in an extremely timely manner, no matter how many adult beverages I may have had... :) Thrilled to have, and to support a "local" business, and can say nothing negative about manracks. They even still honored the "mention your adv name and get free tie downs" special that was mentioned at the beginning of the thread. Granted, a different design, but still very functional, and very dirtworthy. Did I say I am very pleased yet? :)
thanks for the kind words Tom
it was a pleasure doing this with you , its guys like you that have helped build manracks