jungleplant OP
Motorcyle Stuff

Oddometer: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleplant View Post
we make all the prototypes out of short pieces that's a weld , bro
go ahead and tear it up ill send the stronger one if you brake it
Now I know what TWT stands for TIGHT WAD TEXANS
where were you guys when that guys was pickin on me today in the R forum, Thanks for helpin me
Old 10-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #122
thebigman
bout a dollar 3.98

Oddometer: 3,317
Quote:
Now I know what TWT stands for TIGHT WAD TEXANS
where were you guys when that guys was pickin on me today in the R forum, Thanks for helpin me
Just checking in Bubba, I'm gonna go see why they picking on my buddy.

I'm sure you asked for it.

08 xr650l ,99 xr650l, 10 HDXR1200X ,84atc200s 85atc200s, 80ct110 ,99xr70, 04xr650l ,

Dumb ass people do dumb ass things
thebigman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:50 AM   #123
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..

Oddometer: 548
Jungle,

I like the tie-down-eyelets you make for the lower-triples, in fact I almost ordered a set for my Pig..... until I realized I don't have, or even want to have for that matter, the required tie-downs equipped with the hooks.
I use so-called 'soft-loop' tie-downs, with only 1 hook at the bottom-end, obviously for preventing any damage to my bikes. However, I like your idea where they're mounted, and if you'd replace the hook-hole by a oval slot for the soft-loop, at a suitable angle of course, then Bob would be our Uncle!
Yeah, I know you're Mike, but would you be prepared to do a Bob here?
If so I also want a set for a CRF230F, on the lower triples indeed, hence would need a center2center hole-pitch of 18mm for the 230, and 24mm for the Pig.
Oh, I dislike the somewhat slotted holes if I may say so, it doesn't look neat enough in my (critical, yeah, I know) opinion - so two different sets would be Valhalla in my books.

And... there's more!
Take a look at your Pig. On the RHS there's a bolt which holds the exhaust, somewhere above the rear brake's master. On the other side there's also a bolt, the one almost against the frame which holds the chain-roller.
If you'd make a plate with 1 hole for these bolts (so the user can 'aim' them at an angle which will suit the application), and a same oval slot for the soft-loop tie-down (kinda like a T-shape), then I'd be able to anchor my bike with 4 (yes, FOUR, I hate expensive accidents) soft-loop tie-downs.... which I always do in any case, but having dedicated proper eyelets for these rather than looping them around the muddy frame parts.
Good for you would be the fact that these would fit most bikes 'as is', all you need is an M8 bolt.

There's an idea for a new accessory for you Mike, because I'm convinced I can't be the only one unwilling to tie down my costly pride & joy with only 2 tie-downs.
If I may give you a sketch with sizes (for all parts mentioned here) then you could produce the dxf-file for the lasercutter in seconds.
Shout if you want2do / like this idea?
BuRPsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:02 AM   #124
jungleplant OP
Motorcyle Stuff

Got it

Hey nice to here from ya

Here in the USA most of us use tiedown straps with hooks on either end , i guess some of us use those tiedown straps like you have , I think they are nice , but i don't trust them

maybe try carabiners loops so you could use them with your straps as a go between

2 straps are plenty in our opinion, Most guys we ride with all have really nice straps, that would hold a truck , so there not worried bout failure, With the stainless tiedowns installed you can crank it down to the point of blowing out a seal without bending your bars or damaging wires or cables

I agree , as soon as we run out of the tiedowns with slots we are going with dedicated ones with round holes for each model

We always use the rack as a second place to secure the back end , so we tell everybody to get a rack
if they don't have a rack then they use the foot pegs or the chain sprocket because its a sidways pull

we can still read the DXF files , BUT maybe replace the two bolts you mentioned with eyelet bolts then your done
Thanks for your input , i would be more than happy to send you a set of tiedowns , just pay the shipping , take care down there , try doing this for the rear end tiedown spot just replace the two bolts mentioned with these and your all set , no DXf file needed mike

jungleplant screwed with this post 10-23-2011 at 11:07 AM
jungleplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:20 PM   #125
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..

Jungle,

I hear you, some dudes here are same. Mind though, I've seen a burly bloke crying over his Desmo all over the road, and yip, broken tie-down the reason. Not me, rather safe than sorry - but also, I drive like a loon

Nope, won't put those things on my bike, farging ugly to start with, but they protrude also, one will get hurt in a fall.
I made these (Aluminium) for tying my GL Coyote to rather than around the frame. Both bolts mentioned are visible, and an elegant T-shaped bracket, maybe slightly bent at an angle (coming "out" of the bike at some 20/25 degrees), is what I am looking for - and I just thought it would be a nice product for your range.
Mind, that idea of the carabiners inbetween ain't bad, will look if I can't find a decent set of them.
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #126
BuRPsa
Finally growing up..

No frigging idea how to upload dual photo's ...... ??
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #127
jungleplant OP
Motorcyle Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRPsa View Post
No frigging idea how to upload dual photo's ...... ??
Nice&clean...........
to upload more pics, just repeat the first step
Old 10-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #128
jungleplant OP
Motorcyle Stuff

Cool2 New Honda XR650R Rack Rubicon-R

Perfect for the guys that Need that Little something in the back but not too much. You know like a great pair of tits
not to Big not to small

jungleplant screwed with this post 10-25-2011 at 09:56 AM
Old 10-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #129
backdoc
bone cracker

Oddometer: 93
whats up

hey mike, hows life treating you in the cali. The freaking mosquito's here just drained me of a coule pints of blood while was out fishing for red drum. Whats up with the guys in the Xr650 forum giving you crap about the racks. They must be having their manstration for the month. What a bunch of peckerheads. Just cuz they think their crap dont stink and that there should never be a rack on an XR, don't make it true. I want a rack cuz i actually carry crap on my bike, You should have gotten, or soon will be getting, an green goodie envelope in the mail . (hoprefuly the comment TIGHT WAD TEXANS doesnt apply to me) IF so, let me know and i got you covered. I figured that since the fender support was a prototype, it was welded. (No worries here) I will try my best to break it and tell you how it holds up. I should have it on my bike for a 400+ mile ride this weekend. I sure hope the rack gets here in time so i can actually carry some gear just in case.

Howd you like the pics i posted of the USD conversion i got from Biggie. Looks good doesn't it

Go kick their butt BigMan for talkin smack lol
1984 XR500R (sold)
1986 TRX70 Fourtrax (sons)
backdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #130
thebigman
bout a dollar 3.98

Oddometer: 3,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoc View Post

Howd you like the pics i posted of the USD conversion i got from Biggie. Looks good doesn't it

Damn Doc , it does be looking good , them's are some sexy legs.

and Doc , you know

I'm a Lover , not a fighter . Unless I really get P. O .

MightyMike knows I got his back.

08 xr650l ,99 xr650l, 10 HDXR1200X ,84atc200s 85atc200s, 80ct110 ,99xr70, 04xr650l ,

Dumb ass people do dumb ass things
thebigman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #131
jungleplant OP
Motorcyle Stuff

Quote:
hey mike, hows life treating you in the cali. The freaking mosquito's here just drained me of a coule pints of blood while was out fishing for red drum. Whats up with the guys in the Xr650 forum giving you crap about the racks. They must be having their manstration for the month. What a bunch of peckerheads. Just cuz they think their crap dont stink and that there should never be a rack on an XR, don't make it true. I want a rack cuz i actually carry crap on my bike, You should have gotten, or soon will be getting, an green goodie envelope in the mail . (hoprefuly the comment TIGHT WAD TEXANS doesnt apply to me) IF so, let me know and i got you covered. I figured that since the fender support was a prototype, it was welded. (No worries here) I will try my best to break it and tell you how it holds up. I should have it on my bike for a 400+ mile ride this weekend. I sure hope the rack gets here in time so i can actually carry some gear just in case.

no the funds were fine thanks
ya well I have to be above that shit because it can only make me look bad , you guys make me look bad enough but at least its funny, and i enjoy the good humor
by the way I think i shipped ya something different .

jungleplant screwed with this post 10-24-2011 at 08:42 PM
Old 10-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #132
jungleplant OP
Motorcyle Stuff

Comes in Black too

Quote:
Perfect for the guys that Need that Little something in the back but not too much. You know like a great pair of tits
not to Big not to small

also comes in black
Old 10-26-2011, 05:56 AM   #133
backdoc
bone cracker

rack

whats up mike.

Glad to hear the funds were OK. Got my prettly little MANRACKS package in the mail yesterday. The rack looks freaking Awesome. . I cant wait to get it put on my pig and try it out. I'm going to try to get it put on for the ride this weekend. I'll have to relocate my rear blinkers, but thats easy. They get in the way of the fender support brackets. (not because of your design, but how i originally mounted the blinkers on the fender.) i'll post up some pics when its all said and done.
BTW. when i got the package, there was only one set of the tie down brackets???
1984 XR500R (sold)
Old 10-26-2011, 06:00 AM   #134
backdoc
bone cracker

seat

BTW you have the seat that i want for my pig. I've been looking for a XR650R seat to replace my XR seat with. I think they only came on the 01 and 02 models. (not sure though). There is a guy (johnny55) that has one that he might be willing to let go of. Fingers crossed that it is in good shape. I dont want to put a peice of crap looking seat on my bike.
1984 XR500R (sold)
Old 10-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #135
jungleplant OP
Motorcyle Stuff

Quote:
whats up mike.

Glad to hear the funds were OK. Got my prettly little MANRACKS package in the mail yesterday. The rack looks freaking Awesome. . I cant wait to get it put on my pig and try it out. I'm going to try to get it put on for the ride this weekend. I'll have to relocate my rear blinkers, but thats easy. They get in the way of the fender support brackets. (not because of your design, but how i originally mounted the blinkers on the fender.) i'll post up some pics when its all said and done.
BTW. when i got the package, there was only one set of the tie down brackets???
Ya originally your were going to get a prototype rack , but i sent you a final version rack with a fender support brace, so i cheated you out of a set of tiedowns