Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Bravo Veronica
Seba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:05 AM   #107
japslap
Japslap

Oddometer: 139
Hi just spent a cold october day here in the UK reading your entire thread,just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to share your adventure,looking at your pictures is truly inspiring,iv had two trips around France and Spain and was blown away by the scenery,the roads and the people.It takes some guts to embark on a journey such as yours and you just prove that you can have an adventure on any bike,you just need the will to do it.well done you stay safe and i look forward to the next instalment.....Quint
japslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #108
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

Oddometer: 283
Hi Guy's!

I'm really touched after reading your comments. Thanks for that positive energy!!
BTW I have just a little more than 300 km to ride and I will be at home.
LadyCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #109
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

06.10.2011 "Thermal Shock"

For the stupidity you have to pay ... just like that I can sum up my ride ... I went from Leon (Spain) dressed in summer clothes ... set of warm linings for jacket and trousers were deeply hidden in bags, including the divine isothermal clothing from Vanucci! And so pleased with the next day of the expedition, I was making more kilometers until I drove into the mountains, and the temperature dropped drastically, but I was thinking 140 km that's nothing for me?!? ... And from laziness instead of stop and extract these precious (nice and warm) stuff that I have with me ... I was riding further..., ehhh well good that I have founded heated grips, otherwise I'd probably gnashed my teeth!

And so I survived from the thermal shock, yet two days ago I was traveling at 38 C and now 16 C today; / "gold autumn is coming!?!"

Old 10-21-2011, 11:59 AM   #110
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

07.10.2011 San Sebastián

Today I had the opportunity to visite San Sebastian on a saddle of spaniard (Julio) VanVan's, who is positively twisted rider from Suzuki VanVan Moto Club.

Duo of lunatics ("loca, loca, loca ..." - as Shakira sings) riding in the rain and sightseeing city ... it probably had to be an unusual sight, but comment on it so ... thoose were priceless moments and for the rest you will pay by .. (you know what ;)

p.s.

My Shōgun at that time went through an overview of the Suzuki service, which I won't rather remember good or rather the account compared to this in France ... ;/

My two Baskonian host's :)

Old 10-22-2011, 02:11 AM   #111
macarron
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Autumn came all of a sudden these days in Spain. It had been an extraordinarily hot rainless October, so you were lucky to ride in warm weather. León, by the way, is in the top five of coldest provinces in Spain, so it was no surprise you suffered that thermal shock.

Nice ride report.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:55 AM   #112
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

08.10.2011 France I'm back!!

Unfortunately after adventures in San Sebastian cold caught me ... it is not the most enjoyable thing in the world to sneez into the helmet ... (you can imagine yourself)

Old 10-23-2011, 07:59 PM   #113
CurDog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
:clap Veronica

You are an inspiration. I admire your courage that you did not give up after your partner bailed out on you. So glad you kept on going.

Like many others have already said, you have a great eye for photography! I like the self portraits that you included along with the other shots.
CurDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:18 AM   #114
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

09.10.2011 Loire Valley

This morning I had a dilemma whether to get on a motorcycle or stay one day longer in the hostel ... Riding a motorcycle in the cold it's not the coolest thing on the other hand I know that laziness can also badly affect on me, and so... fast decision I jumps on Suzuki VanVan and I ride further .. to admire the "Loire Valley"!

And as it turned out it was probably the right decision, because riding a motorcycle not only improves mood, but also gives power...
One thing is for certain cities, towns, villages in the central part of France have a charm!

Old 10-24-2011, 07:54 AM   #115
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurDog View Post
You are an inspiration. I admire your courage that you did not give up after your partner bailed out on you. So glad you kept on going.

Like many others have already said, you have a great eye for photography! I like the self portraits that you included along with the other shots.
Hi,
thanks CurDog! It's nice to read it

BTW guy's I made it!! I'm back at home after 48 days and 12 000 km
If you have facebook you can "like it" my adventure: https://www.facebook.com/RidingAcrossEurope
Old 10-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #116
roscoau
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
Thanks for taking us along with you!

Ural - speed limits aren't a restriction, they are an achievement!
roscoau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:53 AM   #117
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

11.10.2011 over 500 km of drizzle...

I spent the night in a hostel. In the morning I packed quickly, because there was more than 500 km to ride in the weather not so friendly for "summer" riding. GPS initially set on a shortest path without highways and so I drove through the picturesque towns for 80 km. I would willingly ride so on... if not the speed. In most of these towns zone spped was 30 km/h. Therefore I quickly switched GPS to a more optimal roads, because low temperature, wind and drizzle rain weren't the best conditions to ride a motorbike at night.
And unfortunately the rain didn't even forgave me for a while. Well my motorcycle set jacket and pants (Modeka Nica & Modeka Stela) with all linings they made it on A+ (5+) and I didn't have to worry about the fall aura, although I do not know why but this "French wind" always finda gap between gloves and sleeves ... yikes! maybe that was a matter of my cold and for every even the smallest temperature difference I was more sensitive than usual!

At the border of Luxembourg I arrived just before 20 (8pm), when it was getting dark. That day polish family took care of me - they greeted me at the threshold owith hot tea and a warm meal (it's great that "the motorcycle family" is so big) As it turned out, "master of the house" have in the garage Suzuki Marauder 125 ccm

p.s.

I think I will stay with them a few days longer to heal...

Old 10-27-2011, 07:30 AM   #118
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

14.10.2011 Luxemburg

Yesterday I slowly circuit circled through
the Luxembourg along Moselle. The sun graciously came out on the horizon, I hope it will stay on for at least week;)

And what did I see? "Little Switzerland of Luxembourg", Schengen, Remich, Vianden (a beautiful little town with a BIG castle), Bourscheid ... ehhh it's worth to get lost in this country... we will always an
interesting road full of beautiful views

Paris?? No.. it's not ;P

LadyCruiser screwed with this post 10-27-2011 at 07:38 AM
Old 10-27-2011, 07:58 AM   #119
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

t-shirt

Hi,
I can see that I have here "few" fans, as you probably don't know I'm selling
Riding Across Europe t-shirt like this gentelmen have. They cost just 12 euro and they will help me to make another motorcycle trip.
So if you like it and you would like to have one... mail me contact@weronikakwapisz.com

p.s.
I have different style for ladies and guys ;)

Old 10-28-2011, 05:10 AM   #120
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

16.10.2011 Brussels

Who said that every city must be visited with a guide in hand ... that we should focus on the crowded tourist attractions? I instead of "Manneken Pis" (peeing boy) saw "Jeanneke Pis" (peeing girl), toured the prison (just quietly - outside!! ;)) I walk through a street of butchers and instead of fries with mayonnaise .. ate Brussels waffle!
And all thanks to my host (Harley rider) who showed me city.

I once again I realized that the we can count on the "motorcycle brotherhood".
Andrew thank you for everything!

alley to the oldest pub in Brussels ;)

You won't believe what's that! it's... a prison!!!

More pic's tomorrow