Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2011, 11:41 PM   #31
SimpleSimon
Aspiring advrider

Oddometer: 3,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiFastBadly View Post
I had a girlfriend like this in college, she was gorgeous and mercurial and fun to ride, but I dropped her because I knew eventually it would end badly.
I bet she is at the top of the old spank bank though.

"Assembled Spectator Scoring With Incriminating Photographic Evidence" or A.S.S.W.I.P.E. - Granparacer
SimpleSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:21 AM   #32
Dcc46
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 512
+1 on the 955i tigers, that's what I went with after my Ulysses died on me. It's not the Buell but it's still got plenty of grin factor and their pretty cheap to boot.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #33
Capo Rick
Please understand...

Oddometer: 1,462
I'm a bit biased. 30,000 miles of sheer Italian fun

"Nobody ever sells their bikes at Guzzi rallies........ But the upside is that you may get into a good fight and have the opportunity to have sex with some-being of a different species."-Pete Roper
Capo Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:53 AM   #34
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,374
First time I hear about a happy owner of the caponord.

Just go on with it
You can be imitated but not replaced. You're such a special blend the recipe is guarded like KFC's 11 herbs and spices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:29 AM   #35
Forseti
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,250
An other vote for the Stelvio. Just home from a trip... nearly 1659 miles to and from the GP race at Indy.
Other than the rear tire going for a shit the bike was flawless! It feels good no matter the road. Good, bad, paved, gravel, twisty, or interstate the thing just works.
The seat is the best stock seat I have ever sat on. Riding position puts no stress on back, arms, neck or legs. The motor is sweet, lots of torque.
It has that... dunno what to call it but that something that is special, Visceral.
Ok I am done now. lol

A bike that really should be checked out.

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
Politics is a pendulum whose swings between anarchy and tyranny are fueled by perpetually rejuvenated illusions.
Albert Einstein
Forseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:41 AM   #36
SayItAintSo
Wanna be

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
The seat is the best stock seat I have ever sat on.
Better than the uly's stock seat? That must be one great seat. I measure every bikes seat against the Uly's...including after market seats. The Uly's saddle was the best seat (for me at least) that I've ever sat on.
SayItAintSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:09 AM   #37
jphish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 613
Amen to the stock Uly seat! Other manufacturers could learn something from EB on that one.
jphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:36 PM   #38
dgrs2
Where'd I leave my knee??

Oddometer: 1,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayItAintSo View Post
Better than the uly's stock seat? That must be one great seat. I measure every bikes seat against the Uly's...including after market seats. The Uly's saddle was the best seat (for me at least) that I've ever sat on.
Agree. Comfort on the stock Uly is unreal. My custom seat that I had on my 950 failed in comparison to the Uly. That's saying a lot considering I had to send it away and pay big $$$$ to have it customized.

Smokin Hole Rally creator

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767567
dgrs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:48 PM   #39
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,224
I'll say it again

I think the "older" Multi is the ticket... power, handeling, comfort, long trips etc. Its been called a "sport touring super moto" and the Uly was a "adventure sport bike."

Pretty comparable.

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #40
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayItAintSo View Post

Yes, the Stelvio seat is even better than the Uly and it's adjustable for height. Passenger seat is awesome too, not to mention the lack of a fire breathing fan pointed at your butt.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #41
SayItAintSo
Wanna be

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
.............a fire breathing fan pointed at your butt.

That right there is the one and only complaint I ever had with my Uly. Heat is an issue and all the comfort kits, ceramic coated headers, heat blankets, or whatever else you put on there, doesn't change the fact that the Uly is a hot bike. I believe water cooling was the best answer, unfortunately that doesn't appear to have been an option that was available to Buell.

I have very high hopes for EBR and their upcoming bikes.
SayItAintSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #42
Bryn1203
Dances with spaniels

Oddometer: 1,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiFastBadly View Post
Yeah, good questions. By power I mean torque. All my bikes are two cylinder air cooled with most of the power low. I test rode a Street Triple once, but I'm 6 ft and it felt a bet cramped. Also, it was weird having the tach go up to 13K or whatever it was. I'm sure I could get used to it but I like the low end torque of the Buell....and of the Harley, once I did the Screaming Eagle stage 2 upgrade. I don't need 150 HP, but the Scrambler is a bit too low on that juice you get when you twist the throttle of the Uly. By spirit, I guess I mean the hooliganism, and the absolute confidence I have in the twisties.
I'm riding a 2008 Uly and did nearly 300 miles today and it was 'Golden' as TE Lawrence would say - but I'm looking for something else and have been trying out bikes over the past couple of years - SpeedTrip, MST12, Aprilia 750DD, Aprilia V4R, Superten, xc800 and the only one that provided the buzz and usability that the Uly has was the MST12 - handles as well, poised, super quicker, good looking........... the XC800 is a close second and good value for money.

The Pikes Peak MST is so good lookin - like the Uly but expensive and with loads more poke in sport mode. 2c

Get $5 off Smugmug - use this code NxRfLxbR5xhlE
Bryn1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #43
BikePilot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,243
Well I think I've just bought myself an '09 Uly XT, one came up in the fleemarket here that I couldn't resist so I put a deposit down and am working out the details now. Now I just gotta get myself up to boston with cash in one and an ECM in the other (it's got a cracked ECM -- FI light comes on after riding a while the seller says, has already been diagnosed by the dealer up there). Lots of great bike options here and I'm still dying to try the SMT or SMR 990, but I've never had a buell or HD before so figured I'd better see what all the fuss is about

Summer 2009 Ride Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1509c&t=507038
Summer 2008 RR. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367703
BikePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #44
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,224
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikePilot View Post
Well I think I've just bought myself an '09 Uly XT, one came up in the fleemarket here that I couldn't resist so I put a deposit down and am working out the details now.
Congrats !! I hope you enjoy it.

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #45
WitchCityBallabio
Guzzi weirdo

Oddometer: 756
Another vote for the Stelvio. A true Beast.

Great motor/trans/drive, comfy, carry a ton of crap, decent fuel mileage, wonderful sound.

1966 Moto Guzzi Stornello
IBA # 35648
WitchCityBallabio is offline   Reply With Quote