User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
Onederer OP
Crunch Nugget

Oddometer: 755
T-bone

I am just getting x rays after t boneing a car that came across my lane. Right wrist has that weird shape (broken) more to come.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
DoubleDare
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Ouch. Heal fast, and please let us know more when you can.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
Onederer OP
Crunch Nugget

X-ray

Attachment 286442

Onederer screwed with this post 07-28-2013 at 08:49 PM
Onederer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:44 PM   #4
nevermind
sLOW Rider

Oddometer: 2,933
A little safety wire, some JB Weld and you'll be good as new...
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
Chopperjake
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Damn!

I'm not a doctor, but that looks just plain wrong!!! Heal well and hang in there!
Old 09-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #6
Onederer OP
Crunch Nugget

Thanks for the words. I hope to have some more comforting thoughts rather than a battle when the drivers insurance gets rolling. I hope they treat me right, right away. I don't need any more crap at this point.

Looks like I won't be riding for a while and that is going to hurt the worst, especially since that is my only transportation. Guess I'll be in a rental for a bit, one of those four wheeled death machines.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #7
ironcity33
Desert Dweller

Oddometer: 38
looks like a right radial compund fracture. you'll be twisting throttle and bottle caps with it by Thanksgiving tops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederer View Post
Old 09-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #8
MMasz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 453
As a former LEO, I can tell you she violated your right of way and should have been cited for that. Get an atty. An injury like that usually gets a 6 figure settlement these days.
00 BMR R1100R: in the past:'07 Suzuki DRZ400S; '95 BMW R1100RS- Stolen ; '88 Suzuki Katana 1100; '78 Suzuki GS1000; '76 Yamaha XS750- while parked, was totalled by an Army Gama Goat; '69 Bridgestone 200 Mach II; '69 Honda Trail 50.
MMasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:48 AM   #9
bimmerx2
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederer View Post

This was all made worse by the driver who kept repeating it wasn't her fault and argued with me as I lay face down in the dirt then refused to stop when I began to scream at her to get out of my face and get away. I had to ask for someone to remove her from in front of me, which no one quickly did. Her attitude was later confirmed to me by others pressent.

I'm one of those people who doesn't believe in suing someone 'just because you can' but when they refuse to take responsibility and their only concern is for themselves... Let's just say I would find the most rabid ambulance chaser in the county and make her life hell.

But that's just me.

Anyway, glad you didn't get a lot worse. Been seeing too many posts like this around the net lately. Shorts and a T-shirt? Yeah, you could very easily be looking like a raw sausage ready to put in the pan right now.
'08 Honda CBR 1000RR (get outta da way!)
'05 Honda CBR 600RR (trackday toy)
bimmerx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:45 AM   #10
Bill Harris
Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oddometer: 7,276
Quote:
I'm one of those people who doesn't believe in suing someone 'just because you can' but when they refuse to take responsibility and their only concern is for themselves...
Very much in agreement-- that was my first thought. Her attitude added to the OP's pain and suffering at the scene and this is the only attitude adjustment that she'll understand.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:00 AM   #11
Two Brothers
Tire Guru

Oddometer: 322
Glad it was not worse. Sounds like another example of someone not willing to wait for another 5 seconds to get where they are going, so they feel its ok to cut someone off or run someone over.

I'll give you some advice. Get a lawyer and a good one. I know it will cost a little more but it will be done right. People like this need to pay for there screw up.

I hope you heal fast and get to ride again soon. I have 8 more months before I can even think about riding again.
Two Brothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:59 AM   #12
thebigkr
Stupid Freak

Oddometer: 132
Heal quickly, that wrist x-ray looks painful!!!
thebigkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #13
baloneyskin daddy
bikaholic

Oddometer: 2,035
That officer did you no favor by not citing the driver of the car. Because of this you'll play hell in court fighting for a settlement. I had an accident where a flash flood had caused one side of the road to be impassable and as I crested a hill came face to face with a car in my lane with bad results. Because of the road conditions the driver was reprimanded but not cited by the officer and of course lied like hell in his testimony with the insurance co.Luckily both vehicles were of little value and no serious injuries incurred so my ins. paid my bills and his paid his.
baloneyskin daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:02 AM   #14
acesandeights
Asperger

Oddometer: 3,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerx2 View Post
I'm one of those people who doesn't believe in suing someone 'just because you can' but when they refuse to take responsibility and their only concern is for themselves... Let's just say I would find the most rabid ambulance chaser in the county and make her life hell.

But that's just me.

Anyway, glad you didn't get a lot worse. Been seeing too many posts like this around the net lately. Shorts and a T-shirt? Yeah, you could very easily be looking like a raw sausage ready to put in the pan right now.
Thing is, it doesn't make her life hell at all. If she has insurance, she doesn't have to give it a second thought. She'll get a letter when the claim settles that states it's been handled on her behalf. Getting an attorney, or the most rabid ambulance chaser in the county won't be any different to her than not getting an attorney at all. Depending on where you live, you may owe your attorney 33% of your settlement, plus expenses. From what I know, ambulance chasers have more expenses when they can get more from your settlement (they'll send more letters, make more copies, of which you pay not anyone else). If you're going the attorney route, ask friends and family for suggestions and do your research. The attorney that promises you anything is probably not what you want (promises mean nothing). The guy with the biggest ads or flashiest commercials doesn't necessarily work the hardest for you.

Looks like a bad place to have a break.

If you have any insurance related questions, PM me. Every state is different, so I might be able to offer some personal opinion or explain things in a general way, not specific to your state.

I'll die with this hammer in my hand.
acesandeights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:56 AM   #15
G-Funk
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"

Oddometer: 5,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMasz View Post
As a former LEO, I can tell you she violated your right of way and should have been cited for that. Get an atty. An injury like that usually gets a 6 figure settlement these days.
To the OP - Glad you're ok.

I had my T-Bone back in 05 .......

And, yes, get an atty. I did. I didn't have as bad of a break as you, but still had to go into surgery for, of all things, my left thumb.

That got me a large 5 figure settlement, plus all medical costs covered, etc ....

G.

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote