Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,541
Heal fast and Well.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #17
Onederer OP
Crunch Nugget

Oddometer: 712
Bike Pics

A hard hit for sure. I'll keep from posting obscenely large pics like the x-ray ones, later, because I'm still working with just the left trying to get things done is takeing twice as long, hope everyone can bear it a bit longer.The plastic cup on one of the knee guards is busted and the helmet has scrapes on the back but I haven't taken pics of those yet. The front rotor is also bent, I tried to show it in one pic.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #18
Onederer OP
Crunch Nugget

More

Old 09-05-2011, 07:54 PM   #19
acesandeights
Asperger

Oddometer: 3,526
That's interesting. I've never thought about reversing my bars.

I'll die with this hammer in my hand.
acesandeights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:26 PM   #20
kj7687
Uncle Sally

Oddometer: 344
nice

Hey that X-ray looks awfully familiar... lol. Don't you just LOVE that feeling when you first get up from your crash and hold your arm out...you look down at your hand and it's about an inch higher than the rest of your arm. Been there; sucks! Best of luck to you in the healing process!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:21 AM   #21
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
Very sorry to hear. Hope for a full and speedy recovery.
If her insurance or her even raise a finger about not paying something, get a lawyer, and if they can't cover your bills, go after her personally.(take her to court)

I also don't like the attorney route, but sometimes it is needed.
Mine took something like 33%.
rico2072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #22
Onederer OP
Crunch Nugget

I don't think the forward swept bars will catch on.

At least my 27 year old Honda doesn't have exploding BMW forks (or an exploding cast aluminum swing arm)

The spokes let go but the tire is still holding air. Kenda K761s must be pinch flat proof.

Again, thanks everyone for the kind words.

Onederer screwed with this post 09-15-2011 at 07:35 PM
Onederer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:55 AM   #23
Onederer OP
Crunch Nugget

More Crap

Here are a few more pics. The backpack has an internal frame (aluminum plate) that is covered with about 1/2" of padding on the body side. It is a montainbiking backpack. I never thought of a backpack as safety gear but in this case, I would say it worked.

Attachment 287611

Onederer screwed with this post 07-28-2013 at 07:49 PM
Old 09-09-2011, 05:56 AM   #24
Onederer OP
Crunch Nugget

Wrist

Wrist before the ER doc touched it.

Attachment 287612

Old 09-09-2011, 05:59 AM   #25
Onederer OP
Crunch Nugget

Guard

Answer knee guard that took a hit. Trying to take pics with one hand isn't working too good.

Attachment 287613

Old 09-09-2011, 10:31 AM   #26
wmax351
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 743
They can rent you a motorcycle. When they see how expensive that is ($100+ a day) they can get you a car.

You can also just rent your own econo-box, and then get reimbursed.
wmax351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:22 AM   #27
acesandeights
Asperger

Depending on where you live, in what state, the insurance company may owe you “basic transportation”. This means nothing more than the least expensive rental. They will not owe you similar transportation, a motorcycle, a truck, a four-door sedan, and in fact in some places do not owe you anything at all. In some places they may owe you “loss of use”, which is essentially the same as basic transportation. However, if you are unable to drive/ride, there is no loss, and they may owe you nothing as you have no actual loss. Property damage (loss of your bike, loss of use, etc) is different than bodily injury (obviously) and what is owed is, or can be, different.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #28
Robus
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Ouch. Your young bones and tendons will heal up faster than you think. I was more than 20 years older than you when I broke my wrist on a motorcycle. It was eight weeks to the day between surgery and my first ride post-crash. My advice would be get busy on the occupational therapy as soon as your surgeon gives you the okay.

Here's what my x-ray looked like a month after surgery:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1..._19_2010-1.jpg
Robus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #29
Onederer OP
Crunch Nugget

Hmmmmm...

Got a lawyer to deal with medical and damages, I don't have the time being a full time student and working part time. I have too much to loose if I try it myself and screw up, I am not a law student.

Onederer screwed with this post 09-15-2011 at 07:34 PM
Old 09-12-2011, 04:17 PM   #30
acesandeights
Asperger

If you fail to release the bike then you are on the hook for additional storage fees. It is your bike at this point and you are incurring storage, not the insurance company. They owe you property damage, the cost of the bike. They do not owe towing/storage fees if you do not let them move it to a storage free location. They only owe reasonable towing and reasonable storage fees. Reasonable storage ends if you will not allow the vehicle to be moved to a storage free location. At least that is the way it works in my state. If you control the location of the bike, you incur the expenses of that location. If the adjuster says, as of today we pay no additional storage, well, they don’t owe it. If you intend to keep the salvage (if it’s totaled), ask them to have it moved to your house, or pick up the vehicle from the storage lot and have the insurance company reimburse you for the current towing/storage. Thinking the insurance company will move faster because you won’t release it only incurs costs on you, not them (because, again, you’re incurring it, not them, if you won’t allow it to be moved). Again, this is based on how things work in my state. I think I stated before, if you need help, PM me. Otherwise, I won’t go into much detail. This is not legal advice, it’s only my opinion.