ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 10:20 AM   #1
sflash868 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Upstate eastern NY

Hi, new to the board and I was wondering if anyone has some off-road tracks or places to ride east of Alabny? I'm going to Canaan NY for the 4th and I"m trying to get a reason to skip out of the family maintenance and Just hit the BBQ . Local residents told me about a place where people. Locals told me of a place where everyone rides just off of rt. 20 near new lebanon but the directions i got were being yelled at me through my hemet from 4 ft lifted pickup at a redlight so I never found the place. Any ideas would be appreicated. THanks and have a good 4th everyone.
sflash868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:19 AM   #2
SamCatLu
n00b

Oddometer: 1
eastern NY trails

I'm about 20 mile east of albany in rennselear county. Did you find any trails east of albany yet? I'd love to hear about it if you did.

I've been hauling my quad over to Alcove in southern Albany County to do most of my riding but I'd love to find trails closer to home. Thanks.
SamCatLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:41 AM   #3
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,383
Guys,welcome aboard!! I think you'll find this Web site to be one of the best things in your ride'n arsemal,i have!

The trails your talk'n about east of New Lebenon,its the Pittsfield State Forest,in Mass.
Theres 36 miles of legal trails there,and four other State parks in the Western part of Mass.
The man to ask is Virverrid!!He is a planner for a DS club in Mass and answered the same question i had.He knows the Dual,and hes good people!
Pittsfield state forest is rocky as HELL!!!! Heavyer DS bikes are harder to ride there,but if you take your time you should be alright.Did i mention its rocky as HELL!!!!
I wouldn't ride there with out a skid plate,or a good pair of boots!I try to keep the tires aired up and pick my lines carefully[DR650SE].
That being said,as long as your legal,plated,and have the gear you can ride there dawn to dusk.
Go down RT20 thru New Lebenon,go to the top of the mountain,right at the New York,Mass border theres a pull off on your left[going east]the paved one.All the way to the east end of the pull over theres a posted trail head,Griffen trail.Thats the south most part of the park,[a good place to start].www.massgov.com Make sure you go down the trail with tire marks,there are hike'n trails there and you don't want to go down one!
Keep your eyes open for the quads,theres a club that maintains the trails.
Other then that get a map of state land and wildlife manegment areas in New York,most places have good dirt road ride'n and you can explore the areas and make yourselfs a route.New York does not have public places to ride motorcycles[which sucks!!!]But Mass and Vermont do,and there top notch.You can search the net and find them all,or go to the Reginal section here and surf.Or just post and someone will hook you up.Jump on the upstate threads and come ride with us,were lucky we have some great guys to ride with!!
Oct 3,4,5 theres a dual sport ride at Hunter MTN,that should be a great time and you can meet alot of guys from here and pick there brains for spots.There is a thread posted about it.
Good luck,ride safe and take good care of the places we have to ride.
I'll give you a shitty pic of Pittsfield State Park.
Attached Images

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:17 AM   #4
Garo8703
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Currently in Troy NY

if anyone wants to ride out when old man winter decides to get his head out his ass let me know!!
Garo8703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:01 AM   #5
Garo8703
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
http://www.huntermtn.com/summer/fest...the-catskills/
Garo8703 is offline   Reply With Quote