User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 03:31 AM   #136
omeoxlv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
[QUOTE=Dezzie;19181038
well took it home today, been round the city and to the coast, much better feeling confidence wise with this version over the "R" version, brakes are nicer and theres less urgency to want to wheelie all over, only thing i noticed is ya have to ride it in a lower gear for certain conditions than ya normally would as it feels laboured doing 30 in 4th gear so its better in 3rd i feel, but plenty time to get to know it better![/QUOTE]

Enjoy! Can you spare a minute of riding bliss to comment on the riding position / windblast / riding for more than an hour situation. The 'wheelie" thing you mention? the motors are same, is it the suspension that makes the diff?
cheers graeme
omeoxlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:04 AM   #137
Dezzie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 325
riding position is ok, might need to change position of left controls slightly as the indicator is a bit of a reach and ya press the horn sometimes, wind blast is like any other nakid, spose it depends on lid ya wearing but seemed fine maybe just the odd ocillation in the shoulders sometimes but didnt bother me, seats ok for hour blasts av sat on worse the wheelie thing is down to the "R" version havin a 16 tooth sprocket on the front the s version has a 17, and the brakes are nicer for everyday riding, the R has super ship anchor brakes, but there changin the compound apperently on the new bikes to a softer version i been told!
Old 07-22-2012, 05:08 AM   #138
omeoxlv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzie View Post
riding position is ok, might need to change position of left controls slightly as the indicator is a bit of a reach and ya press the horn sometimes, wind blast is like any other nakid, spose it depends on lid ya wearing but seemed fine maybe just the odd ocillation in the shoulders sometimes but didnt bother me, seats ok for hour blasts av sat on worse the wheelie thing is down to the "R" version havin a 16 tooth sprocket on the front the s version has a 17, and the brakes are nicer for everyday riding, the R has super ship anchor brakes, but there changin the compound apperently on the new bikes to a softer version i been told!
Ah, the one tooth lower trick, thanks for all that. Its very very tempting!
cheers Graeme
omeoxlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #139
norseXL
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Husqvarna do offer less agressive pads for the R.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #140
Dezzie
Gnarly Adventurer

6 weeks old, wheel sliders, rad guard, tail tidy fitted already, just waiting for acerbis rally 3 handguards coming then orderin the arrow titanium downpipes and a nice exhaust as soon as i decide which one to go for!, bikes great and goes like stink!
Old 09-05-2012, 10:33 AM   #141
Dezzie
Gnarly Adventurer

Old 09-07-2012, 02:08 AM   #142
Wanderer2012
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Hi all...

Dezzie, your mount looks great, the sliders blend well, tail tidy is sharp, would love to see a pic of your rad guard, who you get the accessories from..?

Yesterday i went into my local Guzzi dealer, to test ride a new 1200 sport, got 2 hours country riding on her, and really enjoyed trying out the latest 8v motor...
Anyways, he happens to be a Huski dealer to, and after chatting about the Guzzi, i was on my way out the door, heading home, and spotted something shiny with bling on it outta the corner of my eye in the yard...
Stopped for a look, as ya do, whats this i call back at him, so he comes out, keen to tell me about his new personal toy...

NudaR... Hmmmmmm i thought, looking around it, tasty bits, sharp styling, power and weight sound bloody HOT... Even reasonably priced if one compares with the likes of a Duc and some other brands...
Some years ago, like 10, i had a KTM Super Duke 640 for a while, and apart from the viby motor, was a total blast, and this reminded me of those times, next thing i know, he is telling me i need to take it for a spin, so still kitted up from my ride, i figure im here and ready...

This dealer is in a small country town, so only 2 mins riding and one is in the country back roads, windy lanes, and free from those that like to spoil our fun...
Now he was quick to point out he had done a track day last weekend, suspension firmer, front brakes vicious, twobrothers pipe open an LOUD, hmmmmmm, well excited i climbed abroad an headed off...
Tall, Very Loud, and super responsive would be first thoughts, i filtered out of the village, wow this thing is very tractable, and good mannered, easy to ride in the town environment Im thinking, then i hit the country road, gave it a hand full, and off we went, Faark, noise and lots of action going on... The motor pulls like a train, much smoother than i expected, and revs quick, front wheel had air, not intentionally, but it did...
Out the straight road, then off onto windy lanes, easy to ride fast or slow, very tractable, surprisingly comfortable, Im 6ft tall, wind blast wasn't a issue, seemed clean air on my Arai, and up to 160 kph i found it good, didn't go any faster than that, Super Duke 640 on steroids Im thinking, after blasting around for 30 mins, i headed back, and i must say i didn't really want to give it back, i was so impressed, just the perfect fun toy on 2 wheels...

Now Im not normally into super sharp edgy styling, but in the flesh this thing looks HOT, the Business, and the quality of fit and finish, the bling, all added up to make a beautiful beast...
If you get the chance to look one over, do so, if you get the chance to grab a ride, well enjoy...
For me, Im looking at the add on options, and thinking i need to own one...
Wanderer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:09 AM   #143
Wanderer2012
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Just found this vid,

Love Akrapovic,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H5RO...eature=related
Wanderer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #144
Dezzie
Gnarly Adventurer

I got all my bits from ebay, you may wanna check out a company called ilmberger from germany, they do the whole body in carbon and its top spec its also on ebay too, also check out the forums, nuda900.com and theres another one in france.

http://sud-team.forumactif.org/forum
http://900nuda.com/forum/index.php?s...27c7b13ab12508
and heres the ilmberger site!
http://shop.ilmberger-carbon.de/shop...?sSearch=+nuda
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R-G-RACING...item2a1f89b3ce the rad guard!
Enjoy!

Its a great bike!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #145
omnivore
SuperSportTourer

Oddometer: 1,014
The RG rad guard is just a rock screen? What about the rad tanks? They look terribly vulnerable....like a minor parking lot drop at the gas pumps might end up with a damaged rad that might keep you from riding home.
Someone's gotta make up some kinda guard for that.
1996 YZF 600-Lost Era racebike
1999 R6-Rookie Challenge racebike
omnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:20 AM   #146
Dezzie
Gnarly Adventurer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsm0DWrc_Tk&feature=plcp
bought a new pipe, forgive the poor phone vid quality but its awesome!
Old 10-26-2012, 03:25 AM   #147
wilmar13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 441
Why won't they bring these to the states? Sigh.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #148
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmar13 View Post
Even just in NC would be fine.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #149
withiam
Philogynist

Oddometer: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmar13 View Post
It is my understanding that it will not pass emissions testing in it's current state of tune plus the fact that naked bikes don't sell well in the USA.
withiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #150
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,528
Quote:
... only thing i noticed is ya have to ride it in a lower gear for certain conditions than ya normally would as it feels laboured doing 30 in 4th gear so its better in 3rd i feel, but plenty time to get to know it better!
4th?????

You should be in second