Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #166
schattat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,408
Go Beaney, show 'em how it's done! Good job by the others, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinsonk View Post
Anyone know if problems are fairly common in the rental market on the these rallies? I would of thought that these bikes would have been well sorted out.
Who rented these bikes, Rally Bike Center from NL?

Yamaha WR450F Rallye Spec
schattat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #167
Gian
dreamer

Oddometer: 989
Just take a look at Disodbediente blog! http://tuaregrallyeitalia.wordpress.com/

Alessio is there "only" as a photographer as I think he broke something in one leg not much time ago, beautiful photos!
Gian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #168
Åmme
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 217
Well a short rally for myself already back in a hospital in Sweden for surgery of a crushed knee by tomorrow

Crashed at km 24 of the time special day 1. Good luck to the rest of you who still are in the race.
Attached Images

Åmme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:05 PM   #169
gun 4 hire
FTR SSR #90b

Oddometer: 128
Let's roll Brent !

Sorry to hear you are having bike problems mr Brent .... But glad to hear
You have that "lifeline" to Justin Maley. I know he was a huge help getting my Yammie running again
with just a phone call ..... Hope you get a bike to ride ASAP!

Ride safe and have fun everyone.

Let's go racing.
87 Honda Rebel 450 {soon to be ratted}
http://tat09.blogspot.com/
gun 4 hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #170
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Åmme View Post
Well a short rally for myself already back in a hospital in Sweden for surgery of a crushed knee by tomorrow

Crashed at km 24 of the time special day 1. Good luck to the rest of you who still are in the race.
Crushed knee!! Get well soon.
K_N_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #171
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 17,375
Thumb DAY 3: Video highlights

http://tuareg-live.com/2012/03/23/day-3-video/

highlights from the "Circuit of Merzuoga"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:16 PM   #172
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Leg Results: Day 4 - "KINGS STAGE"

http://tuareg-live.com/2012/03/23/da...s-kings-stage/

The leg results from the Kings stage in the Erg Chebi dunes.

Quote:

Quote:
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
Old 03-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #173
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

VIDEO - Day 4: "Kings stage"

http://tuareg-live.com/2012/03/23/day-4-video/

Video highlights of the Kings Stage in the dunes of Erg Chebi.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 03-23-2012, 12:30 AM   #174
GezwindeSpoed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Brent suffered from a broken ignition coil. He got a spare for a Dutch rider with a seized engine.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:01 AM   #175
mxracer51
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by GezwindeSpoed View Post
Brent suffered from a broken ignition coil. He got a spare for a Dutch rider with a seized engine.
Awesome. That is probably why it was so hard to find as it seemed to be very intermittent and possibly playing with the carb, as the team and Brent did, was jiggling the wires just enough to make it run again. Glad they found it!

JM
mxracer51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:46 AM   #176
baldricks-socks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Well after a good 3 days taking it easy and trying to learn to ride the sand dunes I was 9th overall but yesterday my inexperience showed when I made an error going down 1 of big dunes I clipped some camel grass went over the bars to then be hit by the bike :( snapped acl in right knee and broken ribs !!

Riding the sand dunes is awesome though :)
baldricks-socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:17 AM   #177
biggles0449
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Posted this seperately because i didnt see the sticky!

Hi guys, been a while and we have the afternoon off from racing, so I thought id put a brief update of the rally so far..

Moto Profi started with 130 entrants and over 300 competitors in all classes..definitely a petrolhead's wet dream in the paddocks!

Day1 there were a lot of injuries on the rocky 500km run down from the ferry terminal in Nador, big learning curve for me, missing a secret checkpoint and picking up a 4 hour penalty, because I didnt understand the rules! Lesson learned! Ended up 73rd on the day as a result..

Day 2 was another rocky 500km run, with a lot of navigation and even more casualties, there have been some quite gorey ones and alot of small but painful ones.. Wes Beane has been at the front of the rally since the start and absolutely flying, I made a big improvement and got to grips with the GPS system and ended the day in 28th with no time penalties, which was a great improvement We had a few injuries today, one guy lost a tooth, one got a bloody nose, another slashed the palm of his hand and a few battle scarred bikes.. Spirits are still high, let's see how they are after the dunes!

Day 3 we hit Merzouga and the dunes of Erg Chebbi..and my god was it hot! Alot of navigation and roadbook work... but for those that were a bit clever.. there were some shortcuts to be made, I was on an absolute flyer today and managed to score a perfect day and bag 7th in profi, the final loop for profi moto was cancelled due to a sandstorm, which was a real shame, because it was such an incredible days' riding.. Sadly Wes Beane had an off and broke his collarbone, but he still managed to get to the finish with a 5minute lead! Just goes to show how quick he was going..

Day 4 of the rally, still waiting for today's results but the last 3 days have been 73, 28, 7 and today I am hoping for top 20 after nearly 10 hours of riding dunes! My 4 hour penalty from the first day took me from 10th to 40th overall after 3 days, although everything will change in a big way with the huge penalties available on the king of the dunes stage. I made it around all 4 laps but fell into a dust bowl that I just couldn't get out.. This was about 10km from the finish with no more checkpoints to reach... Really gutted at the time but I will only get 2 hour penalty... Lots of people will be looking at 20-30 hours of penalties just from today! Feeling absolutely knackered now, but last day of sand tomorrow and it's a 3 hour motocross race with the finish at the top of Erg Chebbi, the biggest dune in Morocco! Will update again once I know today's results, but so far so good.
Ok just got today's results, I came in 19th in the profi class and that has taken me up to 19th overall out of 130....not bad for my first ever rally, just gotta keep it going! Oh yeah I'm 3rd British rider out of 45 and now I'm definitely going to bed!

Day 5..Moto-x day- Nice early finish today after a 3hour MX race through the dunes of Merzouga. 1st lap I was absolutely trashed and running on empty from yesterday, which knocked the overall time down a bit, but the last 3 laps something came to me and I was on a flyer.. all in all a good fun day and everyone seems to have welcomed the new format for a day, next up 2 days of navigation and shorter special stages over about 1000km before we get on the ferry to Spain for the final stage and the finisher's party....bring it on!! Ill update again, once we get todays' results and overall positions
Old 03-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #178
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome

Oddometer: 7,100
Day 5.

KDX Super Fan!

My Spot HERE (active and on a trip).
tHEtREV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #179
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldricks-socks View Post
Well after a good 3 days taking it easy and trying to learn to ride the sand dunes I was 9th overall but yesterday my inexperience showed when I made an error going down 1 of big dunes I clipped some camel grass went over the bars to then be hit by the bike :( snapped acl in right knee and broken ribs !!

Riding the sand dunes is awesome though :)
Jeeze carnage!

Great update as well Biggles!
K_N_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #180
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Thumb Swede update via facebook

Scandinavian Offroad Service

We were the last onbord the ferry, but the first to leave. With all the motorycles unloaded, we are ready for Tuareg-Rallye's last stage up to Mojacar, and tonights dinner and the following party. After a swollen foot that refuses to fit in the Mx-boot, another one of our riders have decided to take a comfy ride in our truck. Miller time anyone?

Troy Carpenter posted to Scandinavian Offroad Service / Rally Raid Sweden / Tuareg.live
2 seconds ago near Trelleborg

To all on the TUAREG this year; have a safe trip thru the mountains to Mojocar this final day of the rallye; over these last few miles... relish it! ... and party hard tonight!

Quote:

Quote:

troy safari carpente screwed with this post 03-26-2012 at 01:21 AM