Quote:
Originally Posted by schattat View Post
Nice bling bling on 'em rims!

Im learning to waste money on stuff i dont need
Old 01-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #18
brent tex
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Sweet rims, you gonna look good in Morocco.
brent tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #19
beaney
rally racer

Oddometer: 124
These are the dunes at Merzouga. Look forward to 8hrs in there

beaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #20
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehdutchie View Post
Mmm, i seem to be listed in the Amateur class.. Doh, just read up on the regs and thought the twin class was open to all, well, it is open to all twins but in amateur class only. Sent a quick mail to Rainer asking for an update
Ah, the prefect excuse to start watching this thread - in!

Hi Teh' - not sure if you've heard from Rainer yet? - but as far as I'm aware, the Twins run the same roadbook as the Amateur motos rather than the Profi motos - basically because the Profi class are sent down (and up!) some very tight nadgery specials, plus they have additional checks/waypoints at the top of some pretty steep and soft dunes... which I guess the organisation feel are just too much on a larger/heavier bike?

I think because so many riders are on enduro (or at least converted enduro) machines these days, they make the Profi route hard for those riders... That said, you could enter the Profi on a 660/690RR for example, which is no more manageable than a 950 Enduro for example, so I'm sure if you ask the organisation you could run the Profi roadbook on a Twin if you really want too... but having done this event myself on an XR650R rally bike in 2008 (it is excellent by the way, plenty of sand, and big dunes too!), I was glad not to be on anything bigger in the Profi group...

Duh - read the whole thread Morgan! - I see you are on an Aprilia RXV Rallye... (I thought you might have been on a 950SE or HP2) you shouldn't have any trouble on the Profi route on that!!!

Have fun!

Jenny xx

JMo (& piglet) screwed with this post 01-27-2012 at 01:28 PM
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #21
biggles0449
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
See you at the start line! Looks like a big gang of us from Desert Rose Racing heading down.. should make for a good week in the sand.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:13 AM   #22
Åmme
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Rally Raid Sweden

From Sweden will it this year be a team of 16 riders (well 15 swedes and 1 norwegian) we will use Scandinavian Offroad Service for service and transport.

It's a mix of rookies and a riders who are there for second and third time, some targets top 10 positions and some are more focused to reach the top of Hause dune on wheels.

See you in Alméria
Åmme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #23
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 3,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuttis View Post
Hello everybody

I,am starting in the Rallye for the first time this year with the Swedish Team. I,am going to do this with my KTM690R.
This is little about how the bike will look but their are thongs to do so will update later with more pics.
be sure to loctite the threaded rods that thread into the frame clamps for the raid tanks. also bring a spare fuel pump assembly and make sure you filter the gas when putting it into the bike. make sure your fuel pump has a good pickup filter too. I am hashing out a fuel pump setup that will be external to the tank so it can be serviced without losing any fuel.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #24
baldricks-socks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Will i get away with a 13 ltr fuel capacity on a 570 berg?
I dont mind carrying a few ltrs in my back pack if i have to
baldricks-socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #25
Åmme
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldricks-socks View Post
It will be very tight and you will not make day 3 without a few extra liters, you can add a bottle of 1-1.5 liter left side under rear fender I have a waterbottle in that place.

I have the original front tank + 4 liters in rear subframe + 5 liter Meca tank on right side
Åmme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:56 AM   #26
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 16,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldricks-socks View Post
Just a note baldrick... the ORGA take a dim view of carrying fuel on person (backpacks, on belt etc.) for obvious reasons... people have done it (do it)... but having personally seen the lower back/abdomen and nether regions of a poor bastard who had a two liter PET bottle (type COKE/softdrink) split in his backpack and dowse his lower half in fuel in 40 degree heat...

It doesn't even have to catch fire (though a distinct possibility) to do some serios damage. Riding in petrol fumes/damp clothing... not a big hit on anyones list.

So if you gonna carry an extra fuel reservior anywhere on the bike, an approved type container mounted securely somewhere that you can strap on then fill with if needed... I would strongly recomended. The "she'll be right" coke bottle/oil bottle solutions, while quick/easy/cheap... usually wind up AFU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #27
baldricks-socks
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Åmme View Post
It will be very tight and you will not make day 3 without a few extra liters, you can add a bottle of 1-1.5 liter left side under rear fender I have a waterbottle in that place.

I have the original front tank + 4 liters in rear subframe + 5 liter Meca tank on right side
The water bottle under the rear fender is a good idea i will have a look at that.

It would give me space for another 2.5 ltrs of fuel.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:18 AM   #28
baldricks-socks
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
Just a note baldrick... the ORGA take a dim view of carrying fuel on person (backpacks, on belt etc.) for obvious reasons... people have done it (do it)... but having personally seen the lower back/abdomen and nether regions of a poor bastard who had a two liter PET bottle (type COKE/softdrink) split in his backpack and dowse his lower half in fuel in 40 degree heat...

It doesn't even have to catch fire (though a distinct possibility) to do some serios damage. Riding in petrol fumes/damp clothing... not a big hit on anyones list.

So if you gonna carry an extra fuel reservior anywhere on the bike, an approved type container mounted securely somewhere that you can strap on then fill with if needed... I would strongly recomended. The "she'll be right" coke bottle/oil bottle solutions, while quick/easy/cheap... usually wind up AFU.
Point taken about carrying in back pack
I will be carrying any extra fuel in the smaller part of a chainsaw dualfuel can, we use these at work and very tough. I will carry my kriega bag in my back pack and strap the can on the rear fender when i need to.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:32 AM   #29
GezwindeSpoed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
I went empty on day 3, 500m before our petrol stop. 690enduroR with standard 12L tank. The rest of the days no problem.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #30
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,697
Slow progress but getting there..

All parts sourced but dispersed over Holland. Engine gettng a total overhaul, still at Glenn Woodman. Rear tank in the door. New exhaust, battery box and front fairing at BEHEGO. As is the roadbook tower and my mousses.

Word back from org on moving to profi class, sorted too.

Quote:
Hello Antal,

we change you to the profi group.

Best Regards,
Nadine
Now all i need is all the parts to come to one place and start building it all...