Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #15886
slidefighter
Gather it up, keep on...

Oddometer: 309
Isaac004: I don't suppose you have any pictures of your volt meter install. I'm not sure where to look for the switched wires behind the headlight you are talking about: ACC2?

Thanks!

Lee...

"Never adopt an ideology that masks a lack of courage"
slidefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #15887
LethPhaos
brb

Oddometer: 567
there's two pairs of wires behind the headlight, one switched and one not switched. they have translucent covers, there are none like them, so should be easy enough to distinguish.
don't know if they're marked, but a multimeter can tell you which ones are on and which ones aren't
LethPhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #15888
isaac004
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 764
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidefighter View Post
Isaac004: I don't suppose you have any pictures of your volt meter install. I'm not sure where to look for the switched wires behind the headlight you are talking about: ACC2?

Thanks!

Lee...
ACC2 is the switched power lead behind the headlight (it is fuse #8 I think...fuse 7 would be ACC1 unswitched power...a volt meter will confirm both). The black and white wire feed power to my ADVMonster Model 60 LED lights. The smaller blue/red (blue is switched, red is positive) and black (ground, hard to see) that are soldered into the male spade connectors are what feed the volt meter. They go to the female spade connectors hanging out that say ACC2 in the photo.

Click on either photo for bigger ones, and access to additional photos of the install.

isaac004 screwed with this post 05-06-2014 at 04:42 PM
isaac004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:56 PM   #15889
gen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 782
Here is another photo of ACC1 and ACC2:

DoD#1458 | GaijinRiders | 2010 KTM 690 Enduro
gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:00 PM   #15890
drunkenrich
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Ok guys, i have owned my 09 690 for 10 months now and i can honestly say i hate it and love it at the same time. I have had alot of issues with it since i got it. I hit 9k miles on it today though. So it started doing this at the end of last season....when coming to a stop light it stalls, like if i am just coasting in neutral or with the clutch in i can hear the idle sputtering and then it dies. I get about 5 seconds after i pull the clutch in before it dies. If i am riding and keeping on the gas then i have no issues at all. This is what has been done so far to fix it: ca fuelpump, updated fuel line from ca cycle, new spark plug, checked out the plug wire...seemed ok, cleaned the screen on the fuel pump, had injector cleaned by professionals........i dont know what else to do. Any ideas? Should i get it re-mapped? Should i burn it to the ground and put a claim into insurance?

2010 KTM 690 enduro r
drunkenrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:26 PM   #15891
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenrich View Post
Ok guys, i have owned my 09 690 for 10 months now and i can honestly say i hate it and love it at the same time. I have had alot of issues with it since i got it. I hit 9k miles on it today though. So it started doing this at the end of last season....when coming to a stop light it stalls, like if i am just coasting in neutral or with the clutch in i can hear the idle sputtering and then it dies. I get about 5 seconds after i pull the clutch in before it dies. If i am riding and keeping on the gas then i have no issues at all. This is what has been done so far to fix it: ca fuelpump, updated fuel line from ca cycle, new spark plug, checked out the plug wire...seemed ok, cleaned the screen on the fuel pump, had injector cleaned by professionals........i dont know what else to do. Any ideas? Should i get it re-mapped? Should i burn it to the ground and put a claim into insurance?
Have you checked your valve clearances yet?

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:38 PM   #15892
drunkenrich
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
No i have not, i do not know how to, what would this cost at a dealer?

2010 KTM 690 enduro r
drunkenrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:14 PM   #15893
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,367
Quote:
Some times it is something simple. I had stalling issues (lean) once because I forgot to tighten the clamp on the throttle body after having the air box off.

Another time, the entire Ambient Air Temp sensor fell out of the bottom of the throttle body and was resting on the hot transmission below the throttle body indicating a much hotter air input (too lean to idle).

I've never heard of 690 idle issues being fuel pump related, but do know that proper idle is related to proper throttle position sensor calibration. This can be done with the KTM diagnostic tool or TuneECU. A lot has be written in this thread (and the 690 TuneECU thread) not long ago about this calibration. Cleaning the injector nozzle may also help.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:10 PM   #15894
slidefighter
Gather it up, keep on...

Oddometer: 309
That is really great help with the ACC1 and ACC2 circuits. Thanks very much to all who checked in on the subject. I'll post up when I finish.

Thank you all very much...

Lee...

"Never adopt an ideology that masks a lack of courage"
slidefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:58 PM   #15895
advEd
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
690 Wiki

Anyone got a link to Bartrons Canisterectomy? Ive been to the 690wiki, but wont show me pics.

Thanks,

Ed
Old 05-06-2014, 11:09 PM   #15896
Bike Nomad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by advEd View Post
Anyone got a link to Bartrons Canisterectomy? Ive been to the 690wiki, but wont show me pics.
Thanks,
Ed
Here is the link to the thread, it's in post # 7 http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666269

but it won't help you much because the pictures are no longer visible there either. Hopefully he can get those back up and working, because it was a fantastic resource he gave us in that thread.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:30 AM   #15897
TheMuffinMan
Forest Ranger Magnet

Oddometer: 5,622
Quote:
No i have not, i do not know how to, what would this cost at a dealer?
Finally added the video to the valve check page and cleaned it up a little.

http://ktm690.info/index.php/Valve_Check
TheMuffinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:32 AM   #15898
TheMuffinMan
Forest Ranger Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by advEd View Post

Thanks,

Ed
Really? The wiki pictures come up without issue for me when using an external internet connection to the wiki server.

Maybe you were going to the Canisterectomy mk 2 page which the pictures were lost....

Here's Bartron's but on the wiki http://ktm690.info/index.php/Canisterectomy_-_Bartron
Old 05-07-2014, 03:40 AM   #15899
TheMuffinMan
Forest Ranger Magnet

In cleaning up the Canisterectomy mk 2 page I'm going to re-do my resistors to get new pictures but can someone take a picture from a stock bike of the canister in it's stock location with hoses and then a picture of the hose running to the gas tank vent port and the throttle body port?
Old 05-07-2014, 04:33 AM   #15900
advEd
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan View Post
In cleaning up the Canisterectomy mk 2 page I'm going to re-do my resistors to get new pictures but can someone take a picture from a stock bike of the canister in it's stock location with hoses and then a picture of the hose running to the gas tank vent port and the throttle body port?
Thanks for the link mate. I have a few average pics of both sides of the bike in stock condition. Have a look and see if that helps. Let me know if they are helpful or not. I can go take some more.