Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2014, 03:33 AM   #15901
advEd
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan View Post
In cleaning up the Canisterectomy mk 2 page I'm going to re-do my resistors to get new pictures but can someone take a picture from a stock bike of the canister in it's stock location with hoses and then a picture of the hose running to the gas tank vent port and the throttle body port?
Thanks for the link mate. I have a few average pics of both sides of the bike in stock condition. Have a look and see if that helps. Let me know if they are helpful or not. I can go take some more.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:34 AM   #15902
advEd
Adventurer

hope it helps
Old 05-07-2014, 03:36 AM   #15903
MeinMotorrad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 909
Aus/UK spec bikes don't have the canister.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:37 AM   #15904
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Oddometer: 4,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenrich View Post
Ok guys, i have owned my 09 690 for 10 months now and i can honestly say i hate it and love it at the same time. I have had alot of issues with it since i got it. I hit 9k miles on it today though. So it started doing this at the end of last season....when coming to a stop light it stalls, like if i am just coasting in neutral or with the clutch in i can hear the idle sputtering and then it dies. I get about 5 seconds after i pull the clutch in before it dies. If i am riding and keeping on the gas then i have no issues at all. This is what has been done so far to fix it: ca fuelpump, updated fuel line from ca cycle, new spark plug, checked out the plug wire...seemed ok, cleaned the screen on the fuel pump, had injector cleaned by professionals........i dont know what else to do. Any ideas? Should i get it re-mapped? Should i burn it to the ground and put a claim into insurance?
Air filter clean? I had the same symptoms when mine got a little too dirty.
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:38 AM   #15905
advEd
Adventurer

Yep, just remembered. At least that has been highlighted. :)
Old 05-07-2014, 04:12 AM   #15906
Tbone675
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Ok guys, i have owned my 09 690 for 10 months now and i can honestly say i hate it and love it at the same time. I have had alot of issues with it since i got it. I hit 9k miles on it today though. So it started doing this at the end of last season....when coming to a stop light it stalls, like if i am just coasting in neutral or with the clutch in i can hear the idle sputtering and then it dies. I get about 5 seconds after i pull the clutch in before it dies. If i am riding and keeping on the gas then i have no issues at all. This is what has been done so far to fix it: ca fuelpump, updated fuel line from ca cycle, new spark plug, checked out the plug wire...seemed ok, cleaned the screen on the fuel pump, had injector cleaned by professionals........i dont know what else to do. Any ideas? Should i get it re-mapped? Should i burn it to the ground and put a claim into insurance?
Check valve clearance and flash new map. Try ama's map mods it's in the 690 tuneecu thread. Tune ecu worked for me.
Tbone675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 05:38 AM   #15907
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,078
Quote:
No i have not, i do not know how to, what would this cost at a dealer?

Sorry I do not..other than buying my bike from a dealer I have never taken it to one or anyone else for any sort of service.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:20 AM   #15908
drunkenrich
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone675 View Post
Check valve clearance and flash new map. Try ama's map mods it's in the 690 tuneecu thread. Tune ecu worked for me.
ok, valves are in spec, they were done 800 miles ago when I bought the bike, so next I will check the air filter, air box sensor and clamp and go from there......maybe the tps next?

2010 KTM 690 enduro r

drunkenrich screwed with this post 05-07-2014 at 07:33 AM
drunkenrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:10 AM   #15909
LethPhaos
brb

Oddometer: 515
have you tried recalibrating the throttle and an idle reset? doesn't take effort at all and it has solved some weird (smaller) issues for me in the past
turn on key, wait for fuel to prime and tacho to settle, steadily open throttle all the way and back closed again (steady is key), turn off key
turn on key, wait for fuel to prime and tacho to settle, start engine (no throttle), let run for 15 minutes, turn off key
LethPhaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:19 AM   #15910
drunkenrich
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
I will try that, thank you

2010 KTM 690 enduro r
drunkenrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:57 AM   #15911
Sethro303
Master of Disaster

Oddometer: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by LethPhaos View Post
have you tried recalibrating the throttle and an idle reset? doesn't take effort at all and it has solved some weird (smaller) issues for me in the past
turn on key, wait for fuel to prime and tacho to settle, steadily open throttle all the way and back closed again (steady is key), turn off key
turn on key, wait for fuel to prime and tacho to settle, start engine (no throttle), let run for 15 minutes, turn off key
+1. Just had a hard starting and stalling issue that the throttle position reset cured 100%

http://www.urbandictionary.com/
Sethro303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:23 AM   #15912
Sbushong1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:

On my 2014 I just had a similar experience (sputtering and then stalling as I came to a stop), and this after my first service. I had taken it off road and it was fine until the end of the ride. Frustrated i started going back through what it might have been -- bad gas, problem with air filter, ... In fact the garage had not completely tightened the negative terminal on the battery. I did and so far it is running fine again. Hope yours is something as simple as that.
Sbushong1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:24 AM   #15913
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer: 3,351
Is there any issue with just doing the Throttle calibration again by itself?
I was thinking doing just my throttle only to see if my response changes any. Seems kinda flat.

After my EVO1 download I did do the throttle calibration and the 15 minute idle learn.
My2Wheels
690 WIKI
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #15914
MeinMotorrad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbushong1 View Post
On my 2014 I just had a similar experience (sputtering and then stalling as I came to a stop), and this after my first service. I had taken it off road and it was fine until the end of the ride. Frustrated i started going back through what it might have been -- bad gas, problem with air filter, ... In fact the garage had not completely tightened the negative terminal on the battery. I did and so far it is running fine again. Hope yours is something as simple as that.
THAT is f*****g dangerous.

I once found a drain plug wasn't even finger tight after a service at a Honda dealer once.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #15915
TheMuffinMan
Forest Ranger Magnet

Oddometer: 5,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
Is there any issue with just doing the Throttle calibration again by itself?
I was thinking doing just my throttle only to see if my response changes any. Seems kinda flat.

After my EVO1 download I did do the throttle calibration and the 15 minute idle learn.
Reducing or eliminating the throttle cable slack (free play i.e. when turning the throttle tube doesn't move a cable/increase the throttle) helps a ton and it seems like a lot of people overlook this too. Smooths things way out and whenever I am about to do a slow technical section or a day of off-roading I make sure the slack is taken out and it makes for a much smoother low-speed ride.
TheMuffinMan is online now   Reply With Quote