Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2012, 04:31 AM   #1786
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,006
the small extra bulb in the headlight housing is referred to as a city light. the purpose is to illuminate the headlight and make the car/bike a little more noticeable. the bulb will typically come on with the parking lights and the headlight. Its also nice to have in a car when the main bulb burns out because it keeps the car looking like a car instead of a strange motorcycle (at night). usually a 5 watt bulb.

I think they were an early version of a daytime running light before they were mandatory in some places at which time they just turned on the whole low beam.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #1787
ram350
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
in tank filter for 690

can someone give me a part number for an aftermarket in tank filter for the 690E. I think in the past there was a NAPA number posted.
ram350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #1788
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram350 View Post
can someone give me a part number for an aftermarket in tank filter for the 690E. I think in the past there was a NAPA number posted.

You could eliminate the in tank filter and remove the quick disconnect fitting. In place of the quick disconnect install the inline napa filter. I have a couple at home...they were about $2 each....have to look for the part number

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Old 02-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #1789
bayarearider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarearider View Post
When riding back home from trails, I suddenly realized I lost my entire shift lever. I was on the freeway in 6th gear riding at 75 miles/hr when I realized this. I was able to make it home without having to stop. Can anyone tell me what other parts I need other than the shift lever ? I looked at the parts manual and this is what I found at least

KTM# 7623403100 - Shift lever

KTM# 75034032000 - shifting lever spring

KTM#54634031050 - bolt 6x25 for shift lever

Am I missing anything else ? Can I buy the hammerhead design lever above instead of the OEM one? Hammerheard doesn't list the same part number.
Can any one any help me with my question above? Basically the entire shift lever fell off and I am trying to gather all the part numbers for mounting it back . I have a dual sport ride scheduled this weekend and I dont want to miss on it.
bayarearider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #1790
Scout_WY
Pirate

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram350 View Post
can someone give me a part number for an aftermarket in tank filter for the 690e. I think in the past there was a napa number posted.
napa 3095

NRA life
Scout_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #1791
Barman
Way Offline

Oddometer: 1,166
Pictures as promised for the Cyclops wiring.
I switched the wires to Ged's diagram and the low beam came to life. Thanks again Ged.

This is how it's wired now.

I also installed an Advmonster helmet light to the outside ring.

Here's the Led and high beam at the same time. The LED is running on the 8.something volt rechargeable battery pack in the photo. I'll have it wired directly to 12v soon and get some night photos if anyone wants to see them. Nice little light.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #1792
Barman
Way Offline

Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguts View Post
I took mine off does not fit to my standards has to be mounted pointing too far down and the toe piece sat right on my toe nail after a days riding I could no longer change gears due to the pain , do plan to get some fastway adv pegs and put them on the low setting this may fix my issue with the hammerhead lever
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarearider View Post
Can any one any help me with my question above? Basically the entire shift lever fell off and I am trying to gather all the part numbers for mounting it back . I have a dual sport ride scheduled this weekend and I dont want to miss on it.
Above is a review of the Hammerhead lever. I don't know If I want one now.

Here's the link for the lever. http://www.hdmoto.com/ProductDetails...uctCode=KTM1SL Hammerhead sells the bolt as well if you're in a hurry.

Here's the fiche for what you need OEM. Looks like #13-19 would cover you. http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=13&A=459&B=38
Old 02-21-2012, 11:41 AM   #1793
dguevin
Always ginger cravin

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_WY View Post
napa 3095
Just drove by Napa here in Canada !! they have dozen of them in stock !!! Bought one for 3.52$ and installed it where the quick disconnect was installed. Mine is solid(gold) casing. You guys have a clear casing on it ??? Kinda nice when it's clear but I guess I'll just replace it every 2-3 months considering the price
Old 02-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #1794
Mac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
You could eliminate the in tank filter and remove the quick disconnect fitting. In place of the quick disconnect install the inline napa filter. I have a couple at home...they were about $2 each....have to look for the part number
And while you're at it, check the side of that smaller hose for chaffing. Mine was worn about 1/3 through, where it rubs on the left upper tank bolt.
Member: NRA, AMA, TPA, MSF RC
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #1795
Scout_WY
Pirate

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by dguevin View Post
Just drove by Napa here in Canada !! they have dozen of them in stock !!! Bought one for 3.52$ and installed it where the quick disconnect was installed. Mine is solid(gold) casing. You guys have a clear casing on it ??? Kinda nice when it's clear but I guess I'll just replace it every 2-3 months considering the price
They make the same filter in the cleat plastic but I don't have that number with me right now.

NRA life
Scout_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #1796
motoged
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 861
Barman,
Thanks for the wiring pic:

I have decided to forgo the 80/100 watt bulb for my Rally Light for the following reasons:

1) The ceramic pigtail plug I want needs to be ordered from the USA (2-3 week delivery);
2) Parts guy said , as have others, that I would also want to use heavier wiring and a relay....(My eyes glaze over when people start talking "electrospeak" ) and that can be a real hassle (ie. how far back in the wiring loom do I have to go?);
3) Parts guy says, "Why not just use one of these bulbs.....? I have them and they are fabulous..."

Wattage 60/55W = 110/100W ......(which I said was snake oil numbers, but I will try it...)
H4 Xtreme White Plus ANTI-VIBRATION

4) So I said....okay....as the installation will be MUCH simpler.....and it might be enough candlepower to shut me up....

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #1797
motoged
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by dguevin View Post
Just drove by Napa here in Canada !! they have dozen of them in stock !!! Bought one for 3.52$ ...

$6.95 in BC...... tabernac, eh !?

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #1798
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend

Oddometer: 1,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoged View Post

Wattage 60/55W = 110/100W ......(which I said was snake oil numbers, but I will try it...)
H4 Xtreme White Plus ANTI-VIBRATION
I may have had bad luck and hope your experience with these bulbs is lengthier than mine.

2 of 3 popped within a year. Maybe 7k on f8gs and 2k on 690e. 3rd is in a less used street bike.

I did like the light while it was lit but be sure to keep a less $$ back up in your kit.
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #1799
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutherngintelmen View Post
I may have had bad luck and hope your experience with these bulbs is lengthier than mine.

2 of 3 popped within a year. Maybe 7k on f8gs and 2k on 690e. 3rd is in a less used street bike.

I did like the light while it was lit but be sure to keep a less $$ back up in your kit.
give the IPF Superclear bulbs a shot. Last about a year in my car and I have the headlights on all the time. Cost about $80 a set.

This bulb is an improvement to IPF’s existing Fatboy bulb by incorporating the latest in lighting technology that results in a brighter, but more efficient low and high beam. The Fatboy II Bulb uses an exotic high-pressure gas mix, coupled with a massive bulb envelope to create to unrivalled brilliance. The unconventional bulb shape provides less loss of light from the filament. A stabilizer rod within the bulb extends the life of the filament even in the harshest of conditions.There are two different color options available, Super Clear and Max White and both are available in pairs or as a single unit.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #1800
Oz-Strom
Still trying

Oddometer: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
And while you're at it, check the side of that smaller hose for chaffing. Mine was worn about 1/3 through, where it rubs on the left upper tank bolt.
Good idea to slide some PVC electrical flexy conduit over the fuel line where it rubs ( and also where it might)
Oz-Strom is offline   Reply With Quote