Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #1921
Gros Buck
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman View Post
The pump on my Ford is still kicking after 120k miles.
Hummmmmm

The pump on my Chevy K2500 has crossed the 450,000 km mark few weeks ago. Half of it winter driving on very salted roads ...

I can still stand the colour of that pickup

Paul Jr 8

Gros Buck screwed with this post 02-29-2012 at 11:26 AM
Gros Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #1922
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 3,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_WY View Post
You don't happen to have a part number do you? I looked in a few place and couldn't find a parts list.
Scout

Jaybo1 has a 450RR and it comes with a parts manual. Shoot him a PM and he may be able to find it for you.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #1923
Velociraptor
TrackBum

Oddometer: 994
I have the CA Cycleworks in the bike and another CA Cycleworks spare in the tank bag. Doing a week long ride in Baja in April and getting a little neurotic with spares in general
2002 RC51 SOLD
2010 KTM 990 Supermoto R SOLD
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #1924
Barman
Way Offline

Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
I've owned and driven the crap out of a lot of saabs in my 18 years of driving. Most were free or $500 cars and I don't think I have ever gotten one that didnt already have at least 150,000 miles on it. The earlier...pre 94 cars are very robust. Mine is a 98 and it is still holding its own..put about 60,000 miles on it since when I got it for free back in 2007.
Free, my favorite price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
My pump didn't go out until 12K miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Buck View Post
Hummmmmm

The pump on my Chevy K2500 has crossed the 450,000 km mark few weeks ago. Half of it winter driving on very salted roads ...

I can still stand the colour of the pickup

Paul Jr 8
I wasn't bragging about the 120k on the Ford, believe me.
It was a commentary on the fact that in some instances we can't get 1/10th of that mileage out of our pos fuel pumps.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #1925
Dazed Productions
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 188
Quote:
Jaybo1 has a 450RR and it comes with a parts manual. Shoot him a PM and he may be able to find it for you.
I believe you will find it is 76307081010. If you enter this in the KTM part search on www.speedaway.co.uk it will show you the fiche and you can see the other bits you might want (banjo, washers and fuel strainer). The plate was 15
Old 02-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #1926
Gros Buck
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer: 847
Quote:
... It was a commentary on the fact that in some instances we can't get 1/10th of that mileage out of our pos fuel pumps.
I heard you clearly ...

But from my point of view, it was a commentary that in some instances we can't get 1/40th of my mileage out of our pos fuel pumps. With half of it on winter conditions and on salty roads ...

By the way, where I work, All our GM pickups last at least 400,000 km. Most of them reaches 450,000, and few of them 500,000. Ford last 350,000, and Dodge last aroung 250,000. We have a fleet of around 20 pickups now. But we had 50 pickup trucks 10 years ago ...

Paul Jr 8
Old 02-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #1927
Barman
Way Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed Productions View Post
I believe you will find it is 76307081010. If you enter this in the KTM part search on www.speedaway.co.uk it will show you the fiche and you can see the other bits you might want (banjo, washers and fuel strainer). The plate was 15
It's #15 on the breakdown. Looks like it will work. http://www.ktmshop.se/index.php?part...3&c=C117630710
Wouldn't an external regulator have a return? Would need another fitting installed.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #1928
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Quote:
It's #15 on the breakdown. Looks like it will work. http://www.ktmshop.se/index.php?part...3&c=C117630710
Wouldn't an external regulator have a return? Would need another fitting installed.

It would not be difficult to machine a square aluminum plate to cap off the tank...fuel taps would be easy to install. The fuel return could enter back into the tank at the fuel gage sender.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Old 02-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #1929
Bruno T .
N8YQ

Oddometer: 1,776
Quote:
Bruno T . is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:12 PM   #1930
Barman
Way Offline

Quote:
It would not be difficult to machine a square aluminum plate to cap off the tank...fuel taps would be easy to install. The fuel return could enter back into the tank at the fuel gage sender.
Agreed, probably not a good Idea to have the feed and return within an in of one another.

Barman screwed with this post 02-29-2012 at 02:36 PM
Barman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #1931
Scout_WY
Pirate

Oddometer: 118
So ?

Quote:
Is the 450Rally FI? If so wouldn't it have everything we need for an external fuel pump. Wait, that would be too easy. Probably carbed? Speaking of the fuel level sender. When I first started this project I took that F***er out by mistake. Which way should it be pointing, up or down inside the tank?

The return could be plumbed in were the regulator is now and have an external regulator.

As far as the regulator, the manual explains how to test the fuel pumps. If you have 48 to 54 PSI, its ok. Is that regulated pressure to the injector or non regulated? It's not clear in the manual.

Scout

NRA life
Scout_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #1932
Barman
Way Offline

Quote:
Is the 450Rally FI? If so wouldn't it have everything we need for an external fuel pump. Wait, that would be too easy. Probably carbed? Speaking of the fuel level sender. When I first started this project I took that F***er out by mistake. Which way should it be pointing, up or down inside the tank?

The return could be plumbed in were the regulator is now and have an external regulator.

As far as the regulator, the manual explains how to test the fuel pumps. If you have 48 to 54 PSI, its ok. Is that regulated pressure to the injector or non regulated? It's not clear in the manual.

Scout
Unfortunately for us in this situation it's carbed.
The gas-level sender looks like it points up from the picture I saw.
That is regulated pressure to the injector. Needs that pressure to create a fine spray pattern.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #1933
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Quote:

Scout
450 is carbed but uses the exact same tank as the 690. there are a lot of similar or shared parts between the bikes and a lot of different pieces. the 450rr was a very nicely packaged bike....but for 30000 euros it ought to be.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #1934
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Take a standard Bosch regulator that fit's in the end of a fuel rail, machine a very simply block of alum. that adapts the o-ring to a barb fitting and you've got a regulator. $25! Compact, easy to find in any parts store and proven reliability.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #1935
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
I

Scout
After the reg