Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2012, 02:57 AM   #2671
blakrj
Need to ride

Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christophe View Post
Hi guys, TT have recently added a comfort seat made in Germany by Kahedo for the 690 in low and high (= more comfort) versions at a reasonable price. I've read that the KTM comfort seat is not much better (if at all) than the stock seat. Does anyone have experience with this seat? my stock seat is starting to show signs of wear at the front fiberglass (= weak) connection point, so replacing it will eventually be a necessity too, is this design similar?
Christophe, by all accounts the man to speak to in Europe is Ray (www.rayz.nl) - he can sort your seat comfort out.
www.airborneriders.com
blakrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:15 AM   #2672
ossa
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Tripmaster Switch

Hi folks,

I did a bit of investigation and found this:
http://www.scribd.com/dustin_coleman...pmaster-switch

Am I to understand that this device will make the stock speedometer/odometer reset-able +/- in tenths so we can use with a roll chart?

Why KTM didn't make the stock speedo reset-able except to zero is beyond me.

Thanks.

Thanks also everyone for help with my sprocket question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renazco View Post
Yes works with 690, I have a Countdown if you need it.
PM me your addy and I'll pop it in the mail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
Can anyone verify that KTM part #54814073000 "Tripmaster Switch EXC 2005" works with the 690r (2009) speedo? I know that someone posted a part number in the megathread that worked (even though the parts list said it wouldn't work.) I'd like to order soon so I can stay on track with the roll chart for the upcoming LA-Barstow-Las Vegas ride.

On the same subject, does anyone have any input/preference on roll chart holders? I think I've narrowed it down to the Moose side load or just the plain jane CountDown.
ossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:38 AM   #2673
cpg7562
just me..

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by jared1843 View Post
Mmmmk, so I just got my Rally Raid tanks in the mail yesterday and will be doing the install this weekend! One problema though. The instructions leave quite a bit to be desired. The online PDF from their website is better since I can actually see the pictures and zoom in and such. I still have questions, especially about the little triangle shapped box I think is for recirculation? Found myself an online review which outlined a few shortfalls in the instructions, but even their system doesn't match mine.... for instance, they have a switch built into their gas lines to isolate the new tanks from the main tank. My kit didn't come with that.

So, with the instructions being so vague and me needing to get this all done quickly before my trip to Utah i'm looking for help! I searched for a youtube video of the install and there appear to be none. I also searched for an install review in pictures but failed to fine one. Does anyone know where I can find better instructions??

Thanks!!

this may help as well if you havent seen already
Bartron's install
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...03&postcount=9

My Spot
cpg7562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:43 AM   #2674
Kirkster
Parts Murderer

Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by striped tomato View Post
Has anyone with the rally raid rear brake pedal found a replacement tip? Preferably larger in size?

Cheers

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just looked that part up... I was going to suggest the hammer head tip but that just bolts on the top just like the old stock one. It did work just fine on the Clear Speed brake lever...

You may need to ask rally raid... But they did say it was an EXC style tip so maybe someone makes them...
07 WR 450F
Kirkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #2675
stef
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christophe View Post
Hi guys, TT have recently added a comfort seat made in Germany by Kahedo for the 690 in low and high (= more comfort) versions at a reasonable price. I've read that the KTM comfort seat is not much better (if at all) than the stock seat. Does anyone have experience with this seat? my stock seat is starting to show signs of wear at the front fiberglass (= weak) connection point, so replacing it will eventually be a necessity too, is this design similar?
I have a Kahedo on my 690 and happy with it (with Orange stitching), looked at Renazco... very nice but a bit far from Europe, so was a bit expensive. Why not buy directly from them, might save you a pound and they do an exchange plan.

http://www.kahedo.com/en/
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #2676
thorinoakenshield
ya mo be there

Oddometer: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
I have a Kahedo on my 690 and happy with it (with Orange stitching), looked at Renazco... very nice but a bit far from Europe, so was a bit expensive. Why not buy directly from them, might save you a pound and they do an exchange plan.

http://www.kahedo.com/en/
I had a kahedo seat with my GS.
FWIW, I liked it.
The foam reminded me of the armpit padding that they used for the old style crutches. So not super-soft, high density foam.

Of course, there are other factors besides foam that determine the comfort of a seat.

----------------------

Anyways, I got my GPS wired up.
ACC1 is always hot.
ACC2 is switched.

brown is ground, red is positive.

-------------------------

I re-did the FMF exhaust gasket and cranked down on the band clamp a bit more. The bike started fine and stalled after a few minutes again. I re-started the bike and then it idled for 15min. I went for a spirited ride for an hour, so I would say I'm good to go.

thorinoakenshield screwed with this post 04-14-2012 at 04:05 PM
thorinoakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #2677
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,658
3rd Page????

Wow, everyone else must be riding. I can't remember the last time this thread fell that far.

Just as a heads up a fellow 690 rider, RoninMoto, just started his RTW Trip Report.

Trip report can be found here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781893
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:00 PM   #2678
Barman
Way Offline

Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
Wow, everyone else must be riding. I can't remember the last time this thread fell that far.

Just as a heads up a fellow 690 rider, RoninMoto, just started his RTW Trip Report.

Trip report can be found here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781893
I even did a 100 miler today!

Still working the bugs out on all the new gear I installed over the winter.

Double Take mirrors. Ged and a few others recommended them and I like the concept but how do you guys get them to stay in place over 70-75 mph? I tightened them to a dangerously near stripping level and had a great view of my shoulders after I passed someone at 80.

Vortex ecu. Bike runs better than ever. Good power, acceleration and throttle but fuel mileage suffers. 40 mpg today. I put the fuel percentage adjustments back to zero so basically the values are what were set by the installed map I have chosen (#4). I'll get some riding in this week and get another mileage assessment. But most of all, NO stalling! Makes it even more worthy.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #2679
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman View Post
Double Take mirrors. Ged and a few others recommended them and I like the concept but how do you guys get them to stay in place over 70-75 mph? I tightened them to a dangerously near stripping level and had a great view of my shoulders after I passed someone at 80.
I too have the double Take mirrors. I switch them between the 690 and 950. Work great once you perform the "mod"

It is extremely cheap and simple.

1. Go to local hardware store and purchase liquid electrical tape and 220 (or close) grit sand paper. If you already have these items this procedure is even simpler.

2. Disassemble the Ram arm extension and in each "cup" area give it a good sanding with 220 grit. Also give a good roughening to the "ball" on the end of the mirror.

3. Give each "cup" and "ball" two to three coats of the liquid electrical tape.

4. Reassemble.

When you first put them back together and mount they will have a tendancy to stick together (even when cured the liquid electrical tape remains very soft/tacky). I just loosen the ram mount a little extra and pryed it apart. Since, I have had exceptionally good adjustablilty without it sticking again and my mirrors never move.
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #2680
Barman
Way Offline

Quote:
I too have the double Take mirrors. I switch them between the 690 and 950. Work great once you perform the "mod"

It is extremely cheap and simple.

1. Go to local hardware store and purchase liquid electrical tape and 220 (or close) grit sand paper. If you already have these items this procedure is even simpler.

2. Disassemble the Ram arm extension and in each "cup" area give it a good sanding with 220 grit. Also give a good roughening to the "ball" on the end of the mirror.

3. Give each "cup" and "ball" two to three coats of the liquid electrical tape.

4. Reassemble.

When you first put them back together and mount they will have a tendancy to stick together (even when cured the liquid electrical tape remains very soft/tacky). I just loosen the ram mount a little extra and pryed it apart. Since, I have had exceptionally good adjustablilty without it sticking again and my mirrors never move.
Excellent. I knew there had to be a way to keep them secure. Tomorrows project.
Thanks.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:20 AM   #2681
dpifko
Can u smell the It's Its?

Oddometer: 323
Quote:

...never move.
Thanks for this. I was looking at my boots in the mirror.

AVAILABLE NOW - ANDROID version: Greatest Drive
dpifko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:47 AM   #2682
excTC
Carbon Ktm lifeform

Oddometer: 164
Thumb Seats

I got a Seat Concepts kit from cycle buy for about 160 which is wide and comfortable. Fitting the cover was ok except that getting staples into the base was problematic. Also stainless staples would be better but could't find them.

I have just finished a trip with new double take mirrors and had no problems and give them the thumbs up.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:08 AM   #2683
GezwindeSpoed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossa View Post
Hi folks,

I did a bit of investigation and found this:
http://www.scribd.com/dustin_coleman...pmaster-switch

Am I to understand that this device will make the stock speedometer/odometer reset-able +/- in tenths so we can use with a roll chart?

Thanks also everyone for help with my sprocket question!
No, this is not gonna work since you cannot adjust while riding!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #2684
Barman
Way Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by GezwindeSpoed View Post
No, this is not gonna work since you cannot adjust while riding!!!!
What tripmaster switch is the op referring to?
The tripmaster switch for the 690 (I have a link) that I have installed most certainly does reset the odometer on trip 2. The up and down switch will add and subtract miles and constant pressure on the switch will zero it out in a couple of seconds. Works well.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #2685
rudyunknown
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 707
went on a ride that was a mixed roads, did quite a bit of pavement to get to the offroad section, did a fair amount of gravel, sand duble track and single track....all on one tank of gas, i refuled it again at 146 miles, the reserve light came on at 120 miles and then i rode for 16 more miles to the gas station...i was thinking of running it dry (just to get an idea of how far i can go), but then decided there are other ways to find out mileage too....when i filled in the gas the tank took in 2.7 gallons to the top....so i would say arnd 52 mpg....

with a 3.2 gallon tank and two 22oz of MSR fuel bottles i might be able to extend the trip to 200 miles, but heavy throttle and tight sections included might get me to 130-150 range....

I have the FMF pipe,,, which worked fine, the double take mirrors worked fine, i didnt crash with them to really test them but on the highway they were good, other than the vibration......but they didnt move....

I have never stalled the bike yet...maybe its a 2011 they have worked out the bugs...but whats the reason of stalling, i dont have it yet at 1200 miles....is it something that shows up later??

and yes i give the fule the startron treatment, every once in a while i pour in few drops to take care of ethanol
Vstrom 1000 For everything else

rudyunknown is offline   Reply With Quote