Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #2926
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohauitirod View Post
Anyone had any experiance with the bazzaz ECU that has poped up on ebay ?
never heard of it...got a link?

www.bazzaz.net dont know anything about them but looks like another adtermarket programmable ecu. $300 for the 2011 fuel controller...assume it works on earlier bikes which is same as 11iirc.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor

Seth S screwed with this post 05-02-2012 at 03:00 PM
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #2927
Gros Buck
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
never heard of it...got a link?

www.bazzaz.net dont know anything about them but looks like another adtermarket programmable ecu. $300 for the 2011 fuel controller...assume it works on earlier bikes which is same as 11iirc.
??? Heuh !?

As far as I know, the 690 2011 ECU is VERY different from the 2010 and 2008. Voltages in and out of the ECU are also very different. At least maps have to be different, and I assume signal as well.

By the way ... somebody can help Bobzilla ??? I feel ashame I can't help him ...

Paul Jr 8
Old 05-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #2928
Barman
Way Offline

Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Buck View Post
??? Heuh !?

As far as I know, the 690 2011 ECU is VERY different from the 2010 and 2008. Voltages in and out of the ECU are also very different. At least maps have to be different, and I assume signal as well.

By the way ... somebody can help Bobzilla ??? I feel ashame I can't help him ...

Paul Jr 8
I gave him some info and offered to pull the plastics and break out the multimeter but didn't hear anything back.
I do wonder though if the Vortex ECU I have installed might give different results from stock.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #2929
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Quote:
??? Heuh !?

Paul Jr 8
could be...I thought the 2012's were the entirely new ones. could be 2011 too. I sincerely apologize to the hundreds of 690 owners who ran out and spent $300 on the wrong computer solely based on my misinformation.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor

Seth S screwed with this post 05-02-2012 at 06:51 PM
Old 05-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #2930
Gros Buck
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
could be...I thought the 2012's were the entirely new ones. could be 2011 too. I sincerely apologize to the hundreds of 690 owners who ran out and spent $300 on the wrong computer solely based on my misinformation.
You feel ironic tonite or my reading is off target ??? I just underlined that when I bought the 2011, the KTM shop tried to install two maps that belonged to 2010 or earlier model. They finaly realized maps where different in 2011. A visual inspection shows components around the throttle body are very different too. When when adjusting the throttle sensor (with the KTM console/compuetr), voltages are different too. So, whatever device one install to replace the oem ECU have no other choice but to handle this. Maybe the same physical device can do it, but maps cannot be alike. Or I have a foot in my mouth ...

Paul Jr 8
Old 05-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #2931
bobzilla
Dirty Old Man

Oddometer: 875
Quote:
??? Heuh !?

Paul Jr 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman View Post
I gave him some info and offered to pull the plastics and break out the multimeter but didn't hear anything back.
I do wonder though if the Vortex ECU I have installed might give different results from stock.
hey guys i got the info from barman but it was not quite what i was looking for
besides i just got home and am buired in all the shit that piles up getting ready for a trip and then while your gone

my problem is that the bike just quit at about 40 mph. just died
i have fuel just fine
i have a very faint spark and sometimes i am not sure there is really a spark every time it should spark
all fuses are good
opened and re connected every connector i could get to
disconnected the battery and reconnected it reads 13 volts
new plug
swapped out the coil with a known good. here is where it gets funny. his will not run my bike. mine will run his shitty. so i think i have more than one problem and maybe one caused the other . i acutally think the problem started 2 days before. i started getting a stalling issue at idle but it would run great every where else. past experience told me that was a sign of slightly dirty injector so i put in a new one and it seemed to fix the problem. next day same thing starts after about 80 miles this time i go ahead and change the pump ( past problems make me have tunnel vision.) still have the problem and then change the plug and cut the wire back a bit at the coil and .... all is great for another 200 miles until it just dies and nothing will make it run. towed about 40 miles through sand and shit

of corse i have the safari tank on so it takes an hour just to get at anything and i have 7 poor bastards waiting for me to get my shit together so we can continue on vacation

i wanted to know how muych voltage should be on both pins of the coil and where it comes from.
the dealers said something about a pulse generator ( what ever the fuck that is its over my head) and that it is part of the stator and not replaceable alone.

ya know i am about done with this bike and i was in love again once the fuel delivery and mapping had been worked out.
there is something to be said about the simplicity of an XR 600 when your in the middle of nowhere
another long planned trip ruined and once again a rental truck miles from any where is how i finnished the trip.

anybody want to trade a great shape xr600 for a piece of crap dont run ktm 690
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #2932
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

have you checked your grounds?

Old 05-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #2933
bobzilla
Dirty Old Man

Oddometer: 875
battery to frame and at the coil both shiney and clean and i used sandpaper in the field just to make sure
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:58 PM   #2934
mxbundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzilla View Post
hey guys i got the info from barman but it was not quite what i was looking for
besides i just got home and am buired in all the shit that piles up getting ready for a trip and then while your gone

my problem is that the bike just quit at about 40 mph. just died
i have fuel just fine
i have a very faint spark and sometimes i am not sure there is really a spark every time it should spark
all fuses are good
opened and re connected every connector i could get to
disconnected the battery and reconnected it reads 13 volts
new plug
swapped out the coil with a known good. here is where it gets funny. his will not run my bike. mine will run his shitty. so i think i have more than one problem and maybe one caused the other . i acutally think the problem started 2 days before. i started getting a stalling issue at idle but it would run great every where else. past experience told me that was a sign of slightly dirty injector so i put in a new one and it seemed to fix the problem. next day same thing starts after about 80 miles this time i go ahead and change the pump ( past problems make me have tunnel vision.) still have the problem and then change the plug and cut the wire back a bit at the coil and .... all is great for another 200 miles until it just dies and nothing will make it run. towed about 40 miles through sand and shit

of corse i have the safari tank on so it takes an hour just to get at anything and i have 7 poor bastards waiting for me to get my shit together so we can continue on vacation

i wanted to know how muych voltage should be on both pins of the coil and where it comes from.
the dealers said something about a pulse generator ( what ever the fuck that is its over my head) and that it is part of the stator and not replaceable alone.

ya know i am about done with this bike and i was in love again once the fuel delivery and mapping had been worked out.
there is something to be said about the simplicity of an XR 600 when your in the middle of nowhere
another long planned trip ruined and once again a rental truck miles from any where is how i finnished the trip.

anybody want to trade a great shape xr600 for a piece of crap dont run ktm 690

Oh no!!! I just bought one of these!!!

Bundy

Check out http://seatconcepts.com/ , your ass will appreciate it!
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621311
mxbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #2935
okanoganJim
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Hello all, hope this is appropriate to post this question in this thread. Let me know if its not. I bought a new 690 Enduro R last Saturday. So far so good, but I am wondering if anyone can help identify some of the items that came in the fancy KTM Welcome bag. Along with the owner’s manual, grab rails, and passenger footpeg eliminators came flat plastic plate with serveral holes, a mystery gasket, a reflector, and a stretchy rubber do-hicky. Any ideas what these are? Also if you can solve the riddle of mounting a license plate that would be well appreciated. Do we just make our own bracket, drill holes in the plate?
okanoganJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #2936
Biped
NooB Again

Oddometer: 265
Throw the hardware in your tool kit, the rest in the corner of the garage, mount the plate vertically and go ride.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #2937
davidmnz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Voltage regulator output too high? Recall from Nick & Luke's debacle they replaced all sorts of stuff before finally finding that volts were high and screwing with the ECU.
davidmnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:28 PM   #2938
amr2ul
Machinery 2 Upper Level

Oddometer: 294
Okan,

The miscellaneous goodies in your briefcase are, for the most part, bracketage to mount license plates in the various places KTM sells bikes. The stretchy rubber thing is a generic KTM battery and/or kickstand strap, and can be used for other things as well. As for the gasket; your guess is as good (or worthless) as mine.

Enjoy the new scoot!
Diver
Check out my novel, DEFENDER, a Kindle e-book, www.Amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004Z1U7UI
amr2ul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #2939
ramjet
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,118
[QUOTE=okanoganJim;18599674][/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biped View Post
Throw... the rest in the corner of the garage...
Along with the left turn signal which should be fried off shortly also. Seriously though, are the Euro sigs available over here that have them mounted on the lower license plate frame?

Qui Desiderant Pacem Preparate Bellum

(Are you understanding now!?)
ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #2940
Barman
Way Offline

Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbundy View Post
Oh no!!! I just bought one of these!!!

Bundy

Keep an eye on it... it's gonna explode in the garage while you're not looking.

Barman screwed with this post 05-03-2012 at 06:53 AM
Barman is offline   Reply With Quote