Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #3826
Barman
Way Offline

Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2 View Post
I dont have a screen and get the wobbles have 606's with uhd tubes and rimlocks
I put a lighter weight tube in as well. I don't run rimlocks.
I'm going to miss the screen though, 6'6" 250lbs catches a lot of wind at 70+.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #3827
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Oddometer: 1,718
I had front wheel bounce from my ex 800xc that had uhd tubes fitted -im thinking they throw it outa whack- I have to have my scotts turned right up for road and three clicks from off for dirt to combat it
Beer'o'clock Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #3828
Barman
Way Offline

Quote:
I had front wheel bounce from my ex 800xc that had uhd tubes fitted -im thinking they throw it outa whack- I have to have my scotts turned right up for road and three clicks from off for dirt to combat it
If I get any more wobbles a damper may go on as a last resort if I can't get it sorted. But I think I've got it solved now and I still have the steering head angle to play with before I'm going to spend any more money.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:49 PM   #3829
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Have my forks right to the end of the clamps didnt fix it but she doesnt seem to fall in as much which is good-just ordered a load of gear from RR including the soft luggage racks you have them dont you barman ?have you had to put a bar across the back number plate to join eachother? also ordered the thermo switch , tank bolts, rotopax fuel and water , toiolbox, brakesnake
Old 06-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #3830
Barman
Way Offline

Quote:
Have my forks right to the end of the clamps didnt fix it but she doesnt seem to fall in as much which is good-just ordered a load of gear from RR including the soft luggage racks you have them dont you barman ?have you had to put a bar across the back number plate to join eachother? also ordered the thermo switch , tank bolts, rotopax fuel and water , toiolbox, brakesnake
I'll have everything together for this weekend. Not a full load but all the racks and such in place. I installed a rack on the top rear as well as the RR soft panniers. I'm not exactly following about the bar across the number plate. I installed my RR racks as they came out of the box and no extra hardware was required. Very sturdy setup.

My new Renazco seat and black f/r fenders are enroute now so I don't want to get into taking photos till then. It's going to look awesome. Hopefully some new photos by Friday.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #3831
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

I meant like the touratech setup part of there speel is the bar that goes from left to right side across near number plate to stop twisting they say, was trying to work out if wether i need to rigup something myself but by the sounds of what you said "sturdy setup "i probably dont have to
Old 06-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #3832
Barman
Way Offline

Quote:
I meant like the touratech setup part of there speel is the bar that goes from left to right side across near number plate to stop twisting they say, was trying to work out if wether i need to rigup something myself but by the sounds of what you said "sturdy setup "i probably dont have to
I don't think any more support would be needed with soft bags. Take a look when you get them mounted. Very little flex.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #3833
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Thanks
Old 06-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #3834
Maxacceleration
What now

Oddometer: 2,038
I am new to my '12 690 Enduro, but I already feel the wobbles at the 70 mph zone (no windscreen & stock tires, w/stock suspension @ 2 clicks softer than stock on compression f/r).
My bike also feels loose on rocky two track. Could be where I sit on the bike as I am 3/4 to the rear of the seat most times (yes I stand where needed). I like to feel roomy although sitting back doesn't help cornering.
I'm gonna pay attention to where I sit and of course squeeze the tank and see if I feel any difference.
This is one of the few bikes I've owned that make me want to have a steering damper. Most times I am a anti steering damper guy.

My FMF Q4 & RR air filter make for a badass honk!!!
Fun bike.
Sounds dangerous.

Maxacceleration screwed with this post 06-11-2012 at 06:35 PM
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #3835
Gros Buck
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pate View Post
Can it is meaningful remove 2 or 4 release springs for stronger clip,
what do you think?
If you want a STRONGER clutch, i believe you need stronger springs. Removing them would have the adverse effect. EBC springs are definetly stronger. But 2011 690 have stronger springs too. The part number changed in KTM part lists.

Paul Jr
Old 06-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #3836
Heptad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
690 noob

I have had a new to me 08 690 for almost a month. Love it so far. One problem. The fan will not come on. The bike just over heats and dies. I pulled the fan off the bike and wired it directly to the battery and it turns on and runs fine. I have read about the different thermo switch but I don't know if that is the problem if the fan never cuts on at all. Or is it? I even thought about hard wiring and mounting a switch somewhere to turn the fan on. Advice please.

Thanks
Heptad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #3837
Pate
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno T . View Post
Huh ? You want to remove springs from the pressure plate for added clutch pressure ?

That would result in less pressure, not more.
No, I suggested to remove release springs:

75032033000 CLUTCH RELEASE SPRING
Russian Off-Road Challenge 2010 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579487
BMW F800GS KTM 300EXC KTM 690 R +RRP
Pate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:30 AM   #3838
RoninMoto
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heptad View Post
I have had a new to me 08 690 for almost a month. Love it so far. One problem. The fan will not come on. The bike just over heats and dies. I pulled the fan off the bike and wired it directly to the battery and it turns on and runs fine. I have read about the different thermo switch but I don't know if that is the problem if the fan never cuts on at all. Or is it? I even thought about hard wiring and mounting a switch somewhere to turn the fan on. Advice please.

Thanks
It sounds like your thermostat isn't working or you are not getting power to it. Check if you are getting power to the thermostat switch (left side of the radiator). If you have power there, your switch might be bad.

Lots of people have had great luck with this:
http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-690-part...rmostat-switch
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #3839
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxacceleration View Post
I am new to my '12 690 Enduro, but I already feel the wobbles at the 70 mph zone (no windscreen & stock tires, w/stock suspension @ 2 clicks softer than stock on compression f/r).
My bike also feels loose on rocky two track. Could be where I sit on the bike as I am 3/4 to the rear of the seat most times (yes I stand where needed). I like to feel roomy although sitting back doesn't help cornering.
I'm gonna pay attention to where I sit and of course squeeze the tank and see if I feel any difference.
This is one of the few bikes I've owned that make me want to have a steering damper. Most times I am a anti steering damper guy.

My FMF Q4 & RR air filter make for a badass honk!!!
Fun bike.
I had to get the damper dangerous but as you get used to the bike you will turn it down and know when to turn it up. Sit up front like a dirt bike theres no tank up there so take its place and ride it hard it will repay you
Old 06-12-2012, 02:00 AM   #3840
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heptad View Post

Thanks
I think your switch is bad. Interestingly, mine just went tits up two weeks ago on my 09.
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote