Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #4186
jimmex
Guero con moto

Oddometer: 2,745
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
You're probably not man enough for it anyway. Thanks for letting us know about your choice though, I know it made my life richer
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #4187
ramjet
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heptad View Post
Originally Posted by ktmmitch
It looks good,we are in the process of designing a new tank/fairing kit,and have just had a 2012 KTM 690 laser-scanned by a local F1 company,This will give us the data to CAD design our new tanks,which will be similar to the 450RR & 990 Adv tanks,with cut-ots for the radiator.
Unfortunately,there is no point in the front tanks being as low as the 450RR at the front,as the fuel would not flow by gravity to the bottom of the rear OEM tank,also,the left tank on the 450RR does not have to clear the higher front pipe,as on the 690 Enduro,as the 450RR has an underslung exhaust.
We will have solid model designs within the next few weeks,and the new tanks and lower fairings will be retro-fittable to any customers with our existing Adventure Kits.

www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk

Here is the post....... I + 1
Yeah, 'bout time. I need at least another 2.8 gal. I've always disliked the looks of the current tanks they have; covering them with the plastic side panels makes the bike look too "pregnant". Make the tanks themselves an esthetic shape and use some vinyl graphics for accent. Practical, less weight. Do it! You'll sell a million of 'em.
(run the design prototype by me first for assured marketability)
Old 06-27-2012, 02:14 AM   #4188
Maurizio
2 smoker

Oddometer: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex View Post
I was thinking about trading an '05.5 ADV for a new 690 but after reading the last 20 pages of this thread I think I'll go another route.
And you are lucky enough that the old 690 megathread has been nuked a while ago...
sold: '03 950 adv s, '05 450 exc, '08 690 e
Maurizio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:30 AM   #4189
Xmoto
Death Race

Oddometer: 2,107
Quote:
You traded Sal huh Ride up this weekend and I'll drag mine out, we can go trail riding!
I must have Crank envy, first the 390 now the 690. You know what they say, great minds think alike.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:53 AM   #4190
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 14,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmoto View Post
I must have Crank envy, first the 390 now the 690. You know what they say, great minds think alike.

It's not a bad combo. If you need any help with the 690, let me know.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:11 AM   #4191
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heptad View Post
Originally Posted by ktmmitch
It looks good,we are in the process of designing a new tank/fairing kit,and have just had a 2012 KTM 690 laser-scanned by a local F1 company,This will give us the data to CAD design our new tanks,which will be similar to the 450RR & 990 Adv tanks,with cut-outs for the radiator.
Unfortunately,there is no point in the front tanks being as low as the 450RR at the front,as the fuel would not flow by gravity to the bottom of the rear OEM tank,also,the left tank on the 450RR does not have to clear the higher front pipe,as on the 690 Enduro,as the 450RR has an underslung exhaust.
We will have solid model designs within the next few weeks,and the new tanks and lower fairings will be retro-fittable to any customers with our existing Adventure Kits.

www.rally-raidproducts.co.uk

Here is the post....... I + 1
Asked that question in the vendor forum here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...=795897&page=3
Waiting for a response.
CanadianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:16 AM   #4192
Barman
Way Offline

Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
It's not a bad combo. If you need any help with the 690, let me know.
That 690 doesn't need any help.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:14 AM   #4193
ktmmitch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianX View Post
Asked that question in the vendor forum here: http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...=795897&page=3
Waiting for a response.
Go for a ride with the Continental Drift guys, and Rally-Raid Products MD John, and get a sneaky look at some new kit we are working on !
RIDE OUT WITH A SPECIAL SURPRISE - THE FIRST PUBLIC SHOWING OF THE RALLY RAID PRODUCTS KTM690 ADVENTURE EVO 2.

Rally Raid Products boss, John Mitchinson is going to join us on the ride out and he's got a big surprise.

It will be the first time the Rally Raid Products EVO 2 KTM690 Adventure will be seen publicly.

Key features of the EVO 2 are, completely redesigned tanks and fairing and a powerful headlight straight off the KTM450 RR Rallye.

The Rallye style tanks are much slimmer with the same fuel capacity. Side panels are no longer needed.

The new slimmer fairing, incorporating a powerful twin headlight straight off the KTM450 RR Rallye is also a feature of the EVO 2.

A great news for existing customers with the complete headlight kit capable of being retrofitted.

Darren and I had an early preview of the EVO 2 and it's just mouth watering.

So, two reasons to come and ride with us.

We'll meet at 10am Sunday 1 July at the KTM Centre, Riversend Road, Hemel Hempstead, with the ride out around midday.

Iconic British bike adventurer, Austin Vince will be there along with John Mitchinson and a couple of racers.

A special thanks to Jason Jones of The KTM Centre who has always been a great supporter of Darren and I.

We hope to see you there.

Likehttps://www.facebook.com/RallyRaidProducts
ktmmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #4194
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
Go for a ride with the Continental Drift guys, and Rally-Raid Products MD John, and get a sneaky look at some new kit we are working on !
RIDE OUT WITH A SPECIAL SURPRISE - THE FIRST PUBLIC SHOWING OF THE RALLY RAID PRODUCTS KTM690 ADVENTURE EVO 2.

Rally Raid Products boss, John Mitchinson is going to join us on the ride out and he's got a big surprise.

It will be the first time the Rally Raid Products EVO 2 KTM690 Adventure will be seen publicly.

Key features of the EVO 2 are, completely redesigned tanks and fairing and a powerful headlight straight off the KTM450 RR Rallye.

The Rallye style tanks are much slimmer with the same fuel capacity. Side panels are no longer needed.

The new slimmer fairing, incorporating a powerful twin headlight straight off the KTM450 RR Rallye is also a feature of the EVO 2.

A great news for existing customers with the complete headlight kit capable of being retrofitted.

We'll meet at 10am Sunday 1 July at the KTM Centre, Riversend Road, Hemel Hempstead, with the ride out around midday.

Iconic British bike adventurer, Austin Vince will be there along with John Mitchinson and a couple of racers.

A special thanks to Jason Jones of The KTM Centre who has always been a great supporter of Darren and I.

Tease! Look forward to the post ride pics!
CanadianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #4195
wino975
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:

https://www.facebook.com/RallyRaidProducts
Is also for the aqualine safari tank?
wino975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #4196
Maxacceleration
Awol

Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:

Just Wow!

Timely as I have the current twin tanks on a long backorder.
I am curious how the EVO 2 will be better. I would hope they would work with the stock headlight (no full fairing needed)?
Not all of us (well me anyway) want a rally bike. I just want the extra range for a semi technical adv bike.
I ordered through KTMtwins. What could be the timeline for us to see EVO 2?

LOOKING FOR PICTURES!!!
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #4197
blueillusion10
goodtimesgreatoddies

Oddometer: 111
Pissed Coolant in my oil ~!

I have lost my coolant into my oil. Has anyone else had this happen? If so what was the cause? water pump? Head? if it was your water pump what did you replace? It's a 2009 R with 16 000Km. it started running hotter but didn't overheat. No white smoke or anything from the exhaust.
Was running great when I noticed this. No change in power/sound ect..

Any thoughts,

Thanks,

Devon
blueillusion10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #4198
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,176
Tanks Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxacceleration View Post
Just Wow!

Timely as I have the current twin tanks on a long backorder.
I am curious how the EVO 2 will be better. I would hope they would work with the stock headlight (no full fairing needed)?
Not all of us (well me anyway) want a rally bike. I just want the extra range for a semi technical adv bike.
I ordered through KTMtwins. What could be the timeline for us to see EVO 2?

LOOKING FOR PICTURES!!!
I haven't ordered any fuel tanks because the fuel capacity options favored are too much for me. I want a traditional range of low 200 miles. Right now I am short by about a gallon. Maybe 1.5 gallons. I'd also prefer the clean and simple functionality of a genuinely trick dual sport machine look. That means no frame mounted fairings for me.

The existing fly screens and comfort products available are more then enough. Just another gallon of range would be good for me.

If the new tanks are clean and simple looking, I'll likely buy. Particularly if I don't have to buy a rally mask and lighting.

The basic 690 is a well thought out motorcycle for most of us. It's just that it could use a little more fuel range. On the other hand, the range is about the same as a BMW 650 Dakar. Maybe that's what it be.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #4199
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueillusion10 View Post
I have lost my coolant into my oil. Has anyone else had this happen? If so what was the cause? water pump? Head? if it was your water pump what did you replace? It's a 2009 R with 16 000Km. it started running hotter but didn't overheat. No white smoke or anything from the exhaust.
Was running great when I noticed this. No change in power/sound ect..

Any thoughts,

Thanks,

Devon
Probably the water pump seal. Couple people have had issues with them here.
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #4200
Heptad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:

Look forward to pics. Sounds great. Hope I can afford it
Heptad is offline   Reply With Quote