ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 01:24 AM   #4276
Kirkster
Parts Murderer
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Peoples Republic of MD
Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaney View Post
Nice... How long till the 2012 tanks are ready???

K
__________________
TAT 2013 the "I'm Just Sayin" tour
BMW 2007 R1200R
2012 KTM 690 R
07 WR 450F
Kirkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:26 AM   #4277
Noyah
poser
 
Noyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Oddometer: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaney View Post
Nice! I like it.
__________________
KTM 690 Enduro R

--> My Movies <--
Noyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:44 AM   #4278
Pantah
Red Sox Nation
 
Pantah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: India Wharf
Oddometer: 10,080
Gee, I like that too. I didn't think I would!
__________________
Straight ahead and faster -Bo Weaver 1970
"There I was..." -Griffin Niner Three Hotel
"One day closer to a parade..." Jonny Gomes, spring training 2013
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:52 AM   #4279
beaney
rally racer
 
beaney's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: uk, or on a rally.
Oddometer: 124
The new tanks and fairing sides are designed so that they can be retrofitted to the exsisting kits. An upgrade kit will be available seperately.
__________________
690 enduro/ rally
350 exc
RALLY-RAIDPRODUCTS.CO.UK
beaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:26 AM   #4280
blueillusion10
goodtimesgreatoddies
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: canada
Oddometer: 103
Question water pump seals?

Does anyone have a good way to get the second water pump seal out? Tried a seal puller but its a little to deep and there is nothing to grab.

Thanks,

Devon
blueillusion10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #4281
ktmmitch
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: uk
Oddometer: 516
Rally-Raid Products KTM690 Adventure EVO2

Our new EVO2 Adventure Kit was displayed today,for the first time,at the KTM Centre in Hemel Hempstead,UK.
The new design incorporates new Rallye-style,moulded polyethylene front fuel tanks,removing the need to use the existing side panels,which allows us to use an extra fixing to the frame,for more rigidity.These tanks will have 11 litres combined capacity,and have side cut-outs for increased air flow through the radiator.
The much slimmer tank profiles allow for a similar slimmer fairing design,using our own tried and tested cockpit support from the previous kit,which has been tested extensively off-road over the last 3 years.
We have also sourced a new 450RR style twin headlight,with a really neat "halo" effect parking light around the high beam light.This fits into a new screen,but still retaining the "rally style lip" on the top of the screen,to help against buffering.
We expect production of these kits by mid-september,and they have been designed to fit all KTM 690 Enduro,from 2008-2012,and we will also be able to supply existing Rally-Raid kitted customers with an "upgrade" kit,if required.This will consist of the new tanks,the extra lower mount and new fairing sides,screen and headlight,to fit their bikes.
The new headlight & screen combination will also be available to LC8 owners,as an alternative to the standard KTM headlight & screen


Photobucket

KTM CENTRE
ktmmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:58 AM   #4282
beaney
rally racer
 
beaney's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: uk, or on a rally.
Oddometer: 124






__________________
690 enduro/ rally
350 exc
RALLY-RAIDPRODUCTS.CO.UK
beaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #4283
ramjet
Beastly Adventurer
 
ramjet's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Super F'd Up N. California
Oddometer: 2,118
I'm really glad you guys had the foresight and motivation to develop this needed product. Here's my unsolicited two cents: the constriction shown at the arrow detracts from the appearance. If necessary, make it less extreme. Also the upper part of the tank should have been slightly wider to match where it meets the edge of the fairing. This would look better however it would close that opening perhaps too much limiting air flow. But regardless, I like it much better than the previous tank which is covered by the side panels. I'll buy it!


__________________

Qui Desiderant Pacem Preparate Bellum

(Are you understanding now!?)
ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:36 AM   #4284
ktmmitch
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: uk
Oddometer: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet View Post
I'm really glad you guys had the foresight and motivation to develop this needed product. Here's my unsolicited two cents: the constriction shown at the arrow detracts from the appearance. If necessary, make it less extreme. Also the upper part of the tank should have been slightly wider to match where it meets the edge of the fairing. This would look better however it would close that opening perhaps too much limiting air flow. But regardless, I like it much better than the previous tank which is covered by the side panels. I'll buy it!


The narrow section,as arrowed,has already been changed,now we have CNC models fitted to the development bike.
We deliberately kept the top of the tanks narrow,to give the "slim" effect,a la JVO etc,and also to keep the maximum aperture size for the radiator cut-outs.
Now we have 2 months to machine the moulds from our 3D CAD designs,as we have 7 or 8 Rally-Raid KTM 690's to fit out for Heroes Legend 2012,Paris-Dakar(the original route),at end of September.

Heroes Legend 2012
ktmmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #4285
ramjet
Beastly Adventurer
 
ramjet's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Super F'd Up N. California
Oddometer: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
The narrow section,as arrowed,has already been changed,now we have CNC models fitted to the development bike.
We deliberately kept the top of the tanks narrow,to give the "slim" effect,a la JVO etc,and also to keep the maximum aperture size for the radiator cut-outs.
Now we have 2 months to machine the moulds from our 3D CAD designs,as we have 7 or 8 Rally-Raid KTM 690's to fit out for Heroes Legend 2012,Paris-Dakar(the original route),at end of September.

Heroes Legend 2012
Best of luck for the upcoming projects, Mitch. One last question. Would it be possible to develop a type of mini-fairing to work with the new tank thereby keeping the stock headlight, etc. That is, not utilizing the frame mounted front fairing?
__________________

Qui Desiderant Pacem Preparate Bellum

(Are you understanding now!?)
ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #4286
modeselector
Common as muck
 
modeselector's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Washington USA
Oddometer: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaney View Post
The new tanks and fairing sides are designed so that they can be retrofitted to the exsisting kits. An upgrade kit will be available seperately.
Understanding this is still a "rough draft", my initial concerns are where the lower fairing and notched tank come together, loosely. Also the gaps in the fairing and around the lights may cause noise and turbulence to the rider - maybe this fit n' finish will get sorted out in the production. Would be killer if a portion of the new tanks were translucent for fuel measurement (looks painted?)

Cool lights. Have you had a chance to measure the power draw?

Exciting that you guys are developing options for this bike and look forward to following your progress.

modeselector screwed with this post 07-01-2012 at 10:31 AM
modeselector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #4287
dunefreak
Adventurer
 
dunefreak's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Henderson, NV
Oddometer: 93
That EVO2 kit looks awesome!

__________________
2012 KTM 690 Enduro R
dunefreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #4288
term
cainer
 
term's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Oddometer: 17
Lovely beaney! Do want.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
term is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #4289
Maxacceleration
What now
 
Maxacceleration's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Wa
Oddometer: 1,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet View Post
Best of luck for the upcoming projects, Mitch. One last question. Would it be possible to develop a type of mini-fairing to work with the new tank thereby keeping the stock headlight, etc. That is, not utilizing the frame mounted front fairing?
Yes, or using the tanks stand alone? As the current ones can be?

Your EVO 2 kit looks very good.
__________________
Horsepower is a distant second to useable torque, unless cafe cruising is the reason for the purchase...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireWolf
Sounds dangerous.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #4290
ktmmitch
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: uk
Oddometer: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxacceleration View Post
Yes, or using the tanks stand alone? As the current ones can be?

Your EVO 2 kit looks very good.
It will be possible to use the new EVO2 tanks on their own,we will supply a flashing to fit on the front of the tanks to bridge the gap where the tanks form the radiator cut-out
ktmmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014