Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #4291
Maxacceleration
What now

Oddometer: 2,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
It will be possible to use the new EVO2 tanks on their own,we will supply a flashing to fit on the front of the tanks to bridge the gap where the tanks form the radiator cut-out
Looking forward to seeing it.

Its a moot point for me as I have the current twin tanks on order.
Do you know an ETA when KTMTwins will get a shipment of the current twin rally tanks?
My order was pushed back 8 weeks +-.
Thanks.
Sounds dangerous.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #4292
ktmmitch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxacceleration View Post
Looking forward to seeing it.

Its a moot point for me as I have the current twin tanks on order.
Do you know an ETA when KTMTwins will get a shipment of the current twin rally tanks?
My order was pushed back 8 weeks +-.
Thanks.
I can't comment on Twins' own order situation,but we have stock here in UK
ktmmitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #4293
wino975
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
backfire:

I'm looking for a solution to avoid it... I'm thinking to build a "cage" and fix it to the unused motor support viewable in the photo.
wino975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #4294
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by wino975 View Post
backfire:

I'm looking for a solution to avoid it... I'm thinking to build a "cage" and fix it to the unused motor support viewable in the photo.
I dont understand what you are asking

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #4295
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,658
Quote:
backfire:

Ha! Reminds me of my 95/96 Husaberg! It did not like to have the throttle whacked open at low RPMs...
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #4296
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,438
Quote:
backfire:

If you come up with something let us know, just finished pushing my TB back on and snugging it up again. I thought maybe a longer rubber connector so it couldn't back off?
CanadianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:31 AM   #4297
wino975
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
I dont understand what you are asking
It's not a question is only an observation

is the second time (in 8000 Km) that my FI body is popped off, so I want to prevent it

In all my previus 4t thumpers I've always makes a cage to avoid this eventuality, it's an old racing habit

wino975 screwed with this post 07-02-2012 at 01:42 AM
Old 07-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #4298
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
Our new EVO2 Adventure Kit was displayed today,for the first time,at the KTM Centre in Hemel Hempstead,UK.
The new design incorporates new Rallye-style,moulded polyethylene front fuel tanks,removing the need to use the existing side panels,which allows us to use an extra fixing to the frame,for more rigidity.These tanks will have 11 litres combined capacity,and have side cut-outs for increased air flow through the radiator.
The much slimmer tank profiles allow for a similar slimmer fairing design,using our own tried and tested cockpit support from the previous kit,which has been tested extensively off-road over the last 3 years.
We have also sourced a new 450RR style twin headlight,with a really neat "halo" effect parking light around the high beam light.This fits into a new screen,but still retaining the "rally style lip" on the top of the screen,to help against buffering.
We expect production of these kits by mid-september,and they have been designed to fit all KTM 690 Enduro,from 2008-2012,and we will also be able to supply existing Rally-Raid kitted customers with an "upgrade" kit,if required.This will consist of the new tanks,the extra lower mount and new fairing sides,screen and headlight,to fit their bikes.
The new headlight & screen combination will also be available to LC8 owners,as an alternative to the standard KTM headlight & screen

Photobucket

KTM CENTRE

Beautiful! You guys outdid yourselves on the new tanks! Looks like I need to find a home for my old tanks
Old 07-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #4299
Gros Buck
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer: 847
Quote:
backfire: I'm looking for a solution to avoid it ... I'm thinking to build a "cage" and fix it to the unused motor support viewable in the photo.
Just read what I have posted few days ago in this thread. It has nothing to do with backfire. Your airbox pulls the throttle body out. Don't think for now. Just do what I say. Something at the front of your airbox pushes it toward the rear end. either the coolant air breather, or a cable cluster that was inappropriately routed.

Paul Jr 8
Old 07-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #4300
wino975
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Buck View Post
Just read what I have posted few days ago in this thread. It has nothing to do with backfire. Your airbox pulls the throttle body out. Don't think for now. Just do what I say. Something at the front of your airbox pushes it toward the rear end. either the coolant air breather, or a cable cluster that was inappropriately routed.

Paul Jr 8
thanks for the suggestion :) but it's not my case, i've heard the explosion from the air box (and the engine stalled), is a backfire
Old 07-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #4301
Night Crawler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
[QUOTE=Night Crawler;18908830]My bike has never even missed a beat, and always starts on first crank until this weekend. I went to start it mid-way through a ride when the bike was hot and it just cranked over continuously but would not start until I cranked the throttle wide open and bam it fired right up. It ran perfectly until I got back and would not start again. I have been able to start it the same way since, but it is very difficult. After it starts, its seems to run fine. I can hear pump coming on normally, and I changed the spark plug and cleaned the air filter. I have found no loose connections, only what looks to be a missing ground on the left side of the frame right below the air box bushing mount, but I can not find a wire that would go there. Is this an extra grounding point or was something going there that I cant find? Thank you for any help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzilla View Post
TPS adjustment probably. How does it idle? Did you try just a tiny throtttle opening to start?
I am pretty sure that is just another grounding point. Both sides have one if I remember right
Had this issue come up again. This time threw the error code for the rollover sensor, so I tipped the bike over on its side and it started right up. Is there a way to eliminate this sensor instead of just replacing it? I am a big fan of getting rid of possible sources of failure.
Night Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #4302
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours

Oddometer: 1,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by night crawler View Post
i am a big fan of getting rid of possible sources of failure.
+1
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #4303
Mini Trail
nb

Oddometer: 2,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Trail View Post
My bike is smoking, burning oil I can't figure out why. It was running normal two weeks ago when I put it away, I even watched someone else ride it so I am sure it wasn't doing this. I went to put it on the trailer last Friday and it was billowing white smoke with the throttle open. I put it back and took another bike.

Today I fired it again and it is still smoking. I thought it might have too much oil so I drained it and checked the screens. I don't have new filters but these probably have less than 1500 miles on them. Still smoking a lot. I drained some of the oil out, still smoking. I pulled the air filter and there doesn't seem to be any oil in the air box.

I don't know why it would just start doing this. It has smoked before but I think it was over-filled and would stop pretty quickly.

So what are my possibilites? Sucking oil into the top end? Burned valve? Broken ring?

I finally got into the bike this weekend. The head is fine, the cylinder is fine, the Nikasil is beatuful, The piston is sloppy loose and the rings have about 1/8" gap. I have no ideas. Fewer than 7000 miles.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #4304
Mini Trail
nb

Oddometer: 2,217
How do I know if I have Cylinder size 1 or Cylinder size 2? I have measured it with three sets of calipers and it is ever so slightly under the minimum for both but would come closest to size 1.

The cylinder says 102/10P on the side for what it's worth.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #4305
wswartzwel
Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer: 1,037
Which air filter were you using? also check the PCV hoses where they attach on the RH side of the frame next to the air box.. One of mine came loose and was venting to the atmosphere.. I caught it before it sucked any dirt into the engine.

2006 BMW R1200GS
2010 KTM 690 ENDURO R
1969 BSA STARFIRE
wswartzwel is offline   Reply With Quote