Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #5086
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,809
Ran a trakmaster on the rear of my 690 and it worked great. Ran it at about 13 psi and if was like a trials tire. Lasted a while too.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #5087
CordR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 514
Hey Seth, Uller or anyone else that has installed HDB...

I've been stuck on one thing all day with the install and the only solution I can see is that the upper bolt holes need to be drilled out 1-2 mm bigger. Problem is Paulnis such a perfectionist, I can't see him not having it right. So I've spent the last several hours thinking I'm wrong.

Pls tell me where im wrong here.

For the lower mounts, the flush side faces away from the rider. The side with the cleft (or whatever you call it) faces towards the rider.

One package has 4 bolts in it, 2 per side. The shorter one goes through the center of the lower clamp and bolts into the hole on the triple closest to the rider.

The longer bolt goes through the top clamp, through through the lower clamp and then into the hole on the triple closest to the speedo - away from the rider.

Is that correct?

If it is, then the holes in the top clamp were not big enough. The long bolts could fit through the bottom holes in the top clamp, but not the top. Putting them through the bottom holes doesn't work for the way I thought it was supposed to be set up.

Help.

C
CordR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #5088
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 14,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by CordR View Post
Hey Seth, Uller or anyone else that has installed HDB...

I've been stuck on one thing all day with the install and the only solution I can see is that the upper bolt holes need to be drilled out 1-2 mm bigger. Problem is Paulnis such a perfectionist, I can't see him not having it right. So I've spent the last several hours thinking I'm wrong.

Pls tell me where im wrong here.

For the lower mounts, the flush side faces away from the rider. The side with the cleft (or whatever you call it) faces towards the rider.

One package has 4 bolts in it, 2 per side. The shorter one goes through the center of the lower clamp and bolts into the hole on the triple closest to the rider.

The longer bolt goes through the top clamp, through through the lower clamp and then into the hole on the triple closest to the speedo - away from the rider.

Is that correct?

If it is, then the holes in the top clamp were not big enough. The long bolts could fit through the bottom holes in the top clamp, but not the top. Putting them through the bottom holes doesn't work for the way I thought it was supposed to be set up.

Help.

C
I'm happy to help but I have no clue what you're talking about Pics please.
I've installed HDB stuff on all three of my bikes and it was simple.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #5089
smoothmove
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Canister Spewing Black Crap

Any idea why the canister would spew black "crap"? Got a 2012 with 800 miles, just did the oil change, everything is running great. Some of this stuff gets on the frame but most on my boots and pant leg. Regardless of whether or not I should remove the canister, should it be doing this? Thanks fellas.
smoothmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #5090
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Oddometer: 10,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
Ran a trakmaster on the rear of my 690 and it worked great. Ran it at about 13 psi and if was like a trials tire. Lasted a while too.
I run a TMII rear on about every dirty bike I have owned. Never liked the fronts, so I've stuck with the Scorp PRO
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #5091
Canyon Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
Since a stabilizer mount is next on my list (stabilizer has been waiting patiently on the workbench for a few months now) I have really been interested in the BRP/Scott's setup that you have. The only thing holding me back is that I have my fork legs slid up ~1" above the top triple clamp and from the 1 and only picture that I can find of the BRP/Scott's mounted it looks like it is not possible to have the fork legs slid up at all... does the stabilizer mount sit directly above the fork cap (preventing me from sliding the legs up), or will I be able to slide my fork legs up?
Hard to tell from the pics, but I think you'll be alright. It's machined out just for that purpose. You won't get much more than an inch, though.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:28 PM   #5092
ramjet
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,339
I have the same unit on the bench waiting to be installed on my 2012. How does it feel on the road/trail compared to the stock setup? Any noticeable difference in vibration?
any grinding needed to install?
Old 08-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #5093
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakrj View Post
Got me some SP style from Watsen Design. Work of art and doubt I'll be breaking them any time soon.
Those are sick, but $120 for a set of turn signals? Yikes!

I have a hard time spending that on a headlight :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #5094
Bigbugberg
Meatbucket Supreme

Oddometer: 340
Alright, I just installed a Wings exhaust on my ride. Gorazd was great! Transaction went smooth, $400 shipped with carbon tip, awesome! Can't say enough about how well this all worked out, fitment, detail, and SOUND!

But... I have the stock map installed, a full de-smog, and the Wings exhaust and the bike feels a little weak especially on the top end. I have the larger tip in the exhaust so there is a little less back pressure but I am getting some soot in the tail pipe.

So I'm guessing the weakness is coming from running lean due to the exhaust. But if it's lean, why the soot?

I disconnected the battery while installing the exhaust, did the 15min reset and TPS calibrate.

Will the akro map really make that big a difference?

The damn stealership wants $100 to flash the Akro map.

Any local Phoenix FI gurus?
Bigbugberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #5095
blakrj
Need to ride

Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
Those are sick, but $120 for a set of turn signals? Yikes!

I have a hard time spending that on a headlight :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Skyrocket using Tapatalk 2
Agreed on the steep price, and especially when you look at the size of them, but they are solid as and will definitely not break unless you wreak havoc in a wreck and also come with resistors installed, so no worries about replacing flasher unit. LED is very bright too. Just don't tell my wife what I spent on them ;)
www.airborneriders.com
blakrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:42 PM   #5096
motoged
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail View Post
I run a TMII rear on about every dirty bike I have owned. Never liked the fronts, so I've stuck with the Scorp PRO
BT,
Okay....I give up....

What's a "TMII" ??

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:34 AM   #5097
Night Falcon
Adventure NZL

Oddometer: 2,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbugberg View Post
Alright, I just installed a Wings exhaust on my ride. Gorazd was great! Transaction went smooth, $400 shipped with carbon tip, awesome! Can't say enough about how well this all worked out, fitment, detail, and SOUND!

But... I have the stock map installed, a full de-smog, and the Wings exhaust and the bike feels a little weak especially on the top end. I have the larger tip in the exhaust so there is a little less back pressure but I am getting some soot in the tail pipe.

So I'm guessing the weakness is coming from running lean due to the exhaust. But if it's lean, why the soot?

I disconnected the battery while installing the exhaust, did the 15min reset and TPS calibrate.

Will the akro map really make that big a difference?

The damn stealership wants $100 to flash the Akro map.

Any local Phoenix FI gurus?
Yup it should make a noticable difference. My dealer did mine for zip when I bought the bike.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:41 AM   #5098
NovaMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
KTMII: kenda trackmaster 2
NovaMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:47 AM   #5099
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 789
Hey guys,

I just returned from a week long bike trip through south east Europe on my 690, which worked very well until the last day.

With about 270k left in my journey (5400 km) the bike started to get really loud on the intake it seemed. At first I thought my earplug wasn't seated properly, so I pulled over to re-seat it and I noticed that the bike just didn't sound that good, I went to move forward and there was no power, and the bike barely revved. At this point I shut'r down and called for the ride of shame thinking an intake valve came loose or something, to which I plan to open it up this weekend and do an adjustment.

Am I out to lunch in expecting that its just an adjustment gone bad?

Are there any special KTM feeler gauges that I need to order?
tattewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:06 AM   #5100
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Oddometer: 10,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaMoto View Post
KTMII: kenda trackmaster 2
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago