Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 04:40 AM   #5446
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Oddometer: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguts View Post
are they still using the .52 fork springs in the 11/12 bike there too hard for you drop down to.48 or .49 you can do this two ways buy a pair of springs or get your hand on one .46 or 48 .46 + .52 =.49 Or .48+.52 = .50
So if you have a friend with same bike you can go half each
Thanks mate will reaearch and see what i come up with - gives me something to work on
I have been getting told lately "NOTHING" to my questions about space and vacuum, I feel I need funding for a project that could have a Noble prize involved. Space is not nothing 84% is dark matter "dark matter seems to be the scientific word for nothing" I have three experiments that need to be conducted. If any millionaires out there would like to fund my projects and riding career please pm me
Beer'o'clock Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:00 AM   #5447
Tootega
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Dunlop 908rr front

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
Similar experience for me although I usually run 22 psi. Never ever felt like the bike was gonna spit me off at speed.
I changed the standard 2012 Continental Twinduro TKC 80 front for a Dunlop 908rr result lots of headshake. I have a Kuba link and the forks dropped with TK80 flat out no shake.
The Dunlop shakes at 63mph So i raised the forks and ran 26psi + 2 clicks of compression it now shakes at 75mph.
Would anyone recomend a tyre that will work on pavment but is better that the Dunlop 908. I just wanted more grip on the dirt.
Tootega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:18 AM   #5448
690Emaf10
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Tank bolts spinning

I'm trying to remove my rear fender and can't get the one bolt out because the nut is just spinning in the plastic. What have others done when this is happening?
690Emaf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:26 AM   #5449
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by 690Emaf10 View Post
I'm trying to remove my rear fender and can't get the one bolt out because the nut is just spinning in the plastic. What have others done when this is happening?
Not that it will help you now, but pre-emptively, I put a bunch of anti-sieze in the threads on the nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljockey View Post
None of us are exceptionally skilled riders (excepting when I'm drunk, then I'm fcking quick).
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #5450
690Emaf10
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR View Post
Not that it will help you now, but pre-emptively, I put a bunch of anti-sieze in the threads on the nuts.

I plan to do that when I put everything back together.....
Old 09-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #5451
OhBoy
Got Out

Oddometer: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by 690Emaf10 View Post
If you are talking about the bolt I think your talking about. Put a wrench on the bolt on the other side and keep it from spinning. The nut on the inside is threaded all the way through to hold the bolts on both sides.

I was trying to get that bolt out to lift the tank to adjust the spring and ran into the same problem. Did the spring another way. So never ended up taking it out. But the local KTM dealer had to figure it out as they did not know the solution at first either.

Link to CycleHutFicheFinder http://cyclehuttktm.com/FicheFinderNew/FicheFinder.aspx

OhBoy screwed with this post 09-07-2012 at 07:38 AM Reason: Fiching
OhBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:41 AM   #5452
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer: 2,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakrj View Post
What MudGuts said. I'm about the same weight and have changed my rear spring to a 94Nm spring (stiffer than stock) and it has certainly improved things. Also, if you want to drop some cash, a set of SXS closed chamber forks will improve things. The stock fork springs are too hard and I'd go for a pair of the .48 (4.8Nm)
That what I'm using 9.4 shock spring SX, TC forks 50. Fork springs ( got all that rally crap hanging off the front )
Ran at 163.8kph for a couple minutes no head shake but vibe or two with unblanced wheels
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:41 AM   #5453
690Emaf10
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBoy View Post
If you are talking about the bolt I think your talking about. Put a wrench on the bolt on the other side and keep it from spinning. The nut on the inside is threaded all the way through to hold the bolts on both sides.

I was trying to get that bolt out to lift the tank to adjust the spring and ran into the same problem. Did the spring another way. So never ended up taking it out. But the local KTM dealer had to figure it out as they did not know the solution at first either.
I don't think there is a nut visible on the other side. This is on the side of the plastic rear fender. There are 4 of them. Two under the seat and two on either side of the fender. From the diagram, it is #11 on the left side.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:49 AM   #5454
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Soak with WD over night when try to loosen put sideways pressure ( if possible ) to try to get the jam nut to grip on the plastic
Old 09-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #5455
690Emaf10
Adventurer

Quote:
Soak with WD over night when try to loosen put sideways pressure ( if possible ) to try to get the jam nut to grip on the plastic
Thanks, I sprayed some WD40 on it before I left for work. I'll see what i can do with it when I get home.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #5456
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Try side pressure with an impact driver. Anti sieze all your bolts for this reason.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:33 PM   #5457
Night Crawler
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
while were on the topic. I am trying to do the throttle stop adjustment for the Vortex install and was wondering how you get the threaded aluminum cover off the top of the adjustment screw.
Night Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #5458
690Emaf10
Adventurer

I was able to work around my bolt without taking it out. It was just a bit of a PITA to get the exhaust hanger bolts off. All this to change the fuel pump. It really isn't a bad job except for the gas that runs out when you pull the pump.

Now my problem is the bike won't fire..... Fuel pump primes but it doesn't fire. The other thing I notices was that all of my instrament panel goes off each time the bike cranks. I'll have to pull the pump again and make sure there are no kinks in the lines and everything looks good.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #5459
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

I just undo the the exhuast pipe clamp leave the muffler on .

not starting maybe an air pocket ???
Old 09-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #5460
690Emaf10
Adventurer

Quote:
I just undo the the exhuast pipe clamp leave the muffler on .

not starting maybe an air pocket ???
That is possible but how would I try to diagnose that one? Pull the fuel line up stream from everything and see if it is spitting fuel?