ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #5626
yuu
Gnarly Adventurer
 
yuu's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Southie, Arlington like
Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmoto View Post
I need a side stand to shorten, any body have one .
Though the parts list, list the side stand for the SMC as the same length as for the Enduro, it does have a different part number and is about 1"+ shorter. So order up the stand from the SMC and it should fit the bill
yuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #5627
Pantah
Red Sox Nation
 
Pantah's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: India Wharf
Oddometer: 9,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmoto View Post
I want to find a spare to cut down in case I want to put the bike back to stock. I like it being lowered but the rear tire has touched the tank a few times with the sag set to 110mm. Thanks for the supermoto tip.
I installed a 1 inch Kouba link on my 2012. I had a half inch cut from the stand. I probably should have taken 3/4 inch, but it works well enough. Maybe cut yours and keep looking for a new one just in case you want it back stock.
__________________
Straight ahead and faster -Bo Weaver 1970
"There I was..." -Griffin Niner Three Hotel
"One day closer to a parade..." Jonny Gomes, spring training 2013
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #5628
Xmoto
Death Race
 
Xmoto's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Schodack,NY
Oddometer: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
I installed a 1 inch Kouba link on my 2012. I had a half inch cut from the stand. I probably should have taken 3/4 inch, but it works well enough. Maybe cut yours and keep looking for a new one just in case you want it back stock.
I think that's what am going to do
__________________
Opinions are like butt holes. Everyone has one and there's is the only one that doesn't stink.
Xmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #5629
690Emaf10
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Lancaster, pa
Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by 690Emaf10 View Post
I remember seeing some of your posts. How did you eventually get the lines in the tank to no kink? The lines are so fragile and bendy it seems like they wouldn't kink at all....
I pulled everything apart this evening and it seemed to pump just fine. Put it back in the tank and nothing..... Did you guys shorten the hose that was provided with the ca-cycleworks pump?
690Emaf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #5630
motoged
Studly Adventurer
 
motoged's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Kamloops, BC
Oddometer: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
While I had my shock off a couple days ago I found that every single linkage bearing had excessive play in it, I was hoping it would be just one or two of them. Surprisingly both shock bearings are still nice and snug. For those that have replaced their rear suspension linkage bearings, did you use OEM (~$200 just for bearings/seals, no sleeves or hardware) or have you found a source for a kit?

Riders,
Me too......I wanna know as I think my linkage is what is squeaking.....
__________________
Ged Schwartz
Kamloops , BC


Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track




motoged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:11 PM   #5631
motoged
Studly Adventurer
 
motoged's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Kamloops, BC
Oddometer: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbugberg View Post
Wish I could say the same for my 2010 Husky TE250... Seven weeks without parts. Never a Husky again.

I like Huskies, but those orphans are hard to keep in clothes
__________________
Ged Schwartz
Kamloops , BC


Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track




motoged is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #5632
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega
 
The Letter J's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Oddometer: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoged View Post
Riders,
Me too......I wanna know as I think my linkage is what is squeaking.....
I'd put money on it! It was the squeaking that was driving me nuts that prompted me to perform the initial inspection... a couple shots of penetrating oil down there quieted things down for a couple days but the loose bearings remain! With my bike on the stand, I can lift the back wheel up more than 1/2" before the shock starts to move.
The Letter J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #5633
690Emaf10
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Lancaster, pa
Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by 690Emaf10 View Post
I pulled everything apart this evening and it seemed to pump just fine. Put it back in the tank and nothing..... Did you guys shorten the hose that was provided with the ca-cycleworks pump?
Well, the fourth time was the charm..... Pulled it apart and cut about 3 inches off the hose provided by ca-cycleworks. Put it back together and immediately had fuel. reconnected everything and it fired up. I'm on call this weekend so I don't know if I'll get to take it for a ride or not but I'm excited to give it a try with the new pump.
690Emaf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #5634
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK
 
Buzztail's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: BUZZTOPIA
Oddometer: 10,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by 690Emaf10 View Post
Well, the fourth time was the charm..... Pulled it apart and cut about 3 inches off the hose provided by ca-cycleworks. Put it back together and immediately had fuel. reconnected everything and it fired up. I'm on call this weekend so I don't know if I'll get to take it for a ride or not but I'm excited to give it a try with the new pump.

__________________
When there is no way out - Find a way further in.
DL650 DR350 MMS Edition KDX Past bikes ...and an airhead vvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #5635
Pundy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: North of North New Portland
Oddometer: 342
Anybody here running the Leo Vince exhaust on their 690? Anyone know how it compares to the FMF Q4?
Pundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #5636
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pundy View Post
Anybody here running the Leo Vince exhaust on their 690? Anyone know how it compares to the FMF Q4?
Exhaust comes out the end of both of them, they go Vrooommmmm, vroooooooomm blub,blub,blub, vvrooooooooommmmm!!!!
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #5637
dirtbikeslob
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: dunedin new zealand
Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Exhaust comes out the end of both of them, they go Vrooommmmm, vroooooooomm blub,blub,blub, vvrooooooooommmmm!!!!
dirtbikeslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #5638
Uller
Beastly Adventurer
 
Uller's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Arlington, WA
Oddometer: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoged View Post
Riders,
Me too......I wanna know as I think my linkage is what is squeaking.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
I'd put money on it! It was the squeaking that was driving me nuts that prompted me to perform the initial inspection... a couple shots of penetrating oil down there quieted things down for a couple days but the loose bearings remain! With my bike on the stand, I can lift the back wheel up more than 1/2" before the shock starts to move.

Well.... that sucks!

Mine just started squeeking too (just after I got back from BC Ged, maybe it is your dirt up there )

Didn't Beaney mention wearing out the yoke to the point that the hole was oval, or something along those lines..... (I'll search)

Found it...Post #4560 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=4560

If you read the next few pages, I asked what components he used to "remedy" the situation and if I recall correctly, the solution involved expensive rally parts.

Uller screwed with this post 09-20-2012 at 10:50 PM
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:06 AM   #5639
Barman
Way Offline
 
Barman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Exhaust comes out the end of both of them, they go Vrooommmmm, vroooooooomm blub,blub,blub, vvrooooooooommmmm!!!!

You're a freaking prophet.
__________________
I am at one with my duality.
Barman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:13 AM   #5640
rdkyote
Adventurer
 
rdkyote's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pundy View Post
Anybody here running the Leo Vince exhaust on their 690? Anyone know how it compares to the FMF Q4?
I've heard the FMF is obnoxious and the LV and Akra are a bit more subdued, FWIW.

Here's a inmate with the LV... maybe he'll respond if he heard the FMF.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyHEu...3&feature=plcp
__________________
2012 KTM 690 Enduro R
2007 KTM 250 XC

rdkyote screwed with this post 09-21-2012 at 04:19 AM
rdkyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014