Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #5746
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 762
no, not German, just a statement as I dont believe I abuse my bike any more than others, nor do I do less maintenance. Just a random event.
tattewell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #5747
beaney
rally racer

Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattewell View Post
I think for 250 bones its worth a try. As soon as I pay off my busted bike bill, i'll order this and give it a shot. You dont know what the added capacity in oil is do you?
THE SM oil cooler will not fit on an enduro model due to the exhaust plus it's very suspect to stone damage. I know because i've already tried.
beaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #5748
tattewell
Mad Poser

Oddometer: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaney View Post
THE SM oil cooler will not fit on an enduro model due to the exhaust plus it's very suspect to stone damage. I know because i've already tried.

So what your saying is, the stock setup did'n't suit your need and you gave up?

10 bones and all your interweb creds says it can work!!!

This aint for the hard core off roaders like Seth, this is for the small guy that cant afford a fifth bike in their stable and want to explore ways to make the 690 a more gooder touring machine!
tattewell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #5749
beaney
rally racer

Quote:

This aint for the hard core off roaders like Seth, this is for the small guy that cant afford a fifth bike in their stable and want to explore ways to make the 690 a more gooder touring machine!
Yeah whatever, carry on, I've never raced a 690 and know nothing about them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH by the way you have to change the oil pressure rgeultor in the back of the engine for a temp regulator plus add the pipes, I prefer the more robust cooler from the 690rr mounted behind the fairing. I personally dont bother with an oil cooler any more because i change the oil after every 10 hours of racing like on the Tuareg and Maroc rallies, the 690 holds more than enough oil for a days racing.

If you want a cheap kit then I've got one in my scrap pile of stuff that was no good for racing.

beaney screwed with this post 09-29-2012 at 03:41 PM
Old 09-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #5750
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaney View Post
Yeah whatever, carry on, I've never raced a 690 and know nothing about them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH by the way you have to change the oil pressure rgeultor in the back of the engine for a temp regulator plus add the pipes, I prefer the more robust cooler from the 690rr mounted behind the fairing. I personally dont bother with an oil cooler any more because i change the oil after every 10 hours of racing like on the Tuareg and Maroc rallies, the 690 holds more than enough oil for a days racing.

If you want a cheap kit then I've got one in my scrap pile of stuff that was no good for racing.
I heard you race the old ladies to the grocery store
Old 09-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #5751
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend

Oddometer: 1,197
Anyone have an US source for nylon saddle washers? Been gooogling my ass off and keep landing in Eur. Need 4 of them for tube od of 50mm - custom

There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #5752
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend

Page 4 of Nylon Saddle Washers now refercing my post 45 minutes ago -google dudes are fast

There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

Old 09-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #5753
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Oddometer: 1,733
Hey fellas
I have just recently installed aftermarket chain and sprockets - I now have oil coming from behind the front sprocket looks like from behind the shaft - is this the counter shaft seal ? and is it caused from aftermarket front sprocket
Thanks
Barry
I have been getting told lately "NOTHING" to my questions about space and vacuum, I feel I need funding for a project that could have a Noble prize involved. Space is not nothing 84% is dark matter "dark matter seems to be the scientific word for nothing" I have three experiments that need to be conducted. If any millionaires out there would like to fund my projects and riding career please pm me
Beer'o'clock Baz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #5754
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,285
Quote:

I wouldnt call myself a hardcore offroad racer...thats more crankshaft. Beany knows a thing or twelve about performance 690 stuff

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #5755
Gros Buck
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
I heard you race the old ladies to the grocery store
Not exactly. Actually he race her to the liquor store ...

Paul Jr 8
Old 09-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #5756
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2 View Post
Hey fellas
I have just recently installed aftermarket chain and sprockets - I now have oil coming from behind the front sprocket looks like from behind the shaft - is this the counter shaft seal ? and is it caused from aftermarket front sprocket
Thanks
Barry

Did you use an EXC front sprocket? They fit over the countershaft splines but are narrower which could take pressure off the seal? Next guess would be that your chain is just too tight? How many miles are on the bike? It may just be time to replace the seal anyway, they are cheap and easy to change anyway.

When mine started leaking it just needed the $1 o-ring behind the sprocket spacer replaced, the seal itself is only ~$7.
The Letter J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:58 PM   #5757
beaney
rally racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Buck View Post
Not exactly. Actually he race her to the liquor store ...

Paul Jr 8
And normally lose.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:56 AM   #5758
Beer'o'clock Baz
?

Oddometer: 1,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
Did you use an EXC front sprocket? They fit over the countershaft splines but are narrower which could take pressure off the seal? Next guess would be that your chain is just too tight? How many miles are on the bike? It may just be time to replace the seal anyway, they are cheap and easy to change anyway.

When mine started leaking it just needed the $1 o-ring behind the sprocket spacer replaced, the seal itself is only ~$7.
Geez what a relief those prices and ease of fix you quoted- 10500 klm on the clock - I bought the sprocket from my honda guy it doesnt have the rubber sides so i think I stuffed up thought it would be ok the tiger i used to own had the rubbers on but only for the noice factor-
thanks

P.s fellow inmate Ozimick has posted a pic up for me with an explanation and it seems trouble is the o'ring the spacer has more than likely moved abit thanks - PANICK OVER WITH ;-]
I have been getting told lately "NOTHING" to my questions about space and vacuum, I feel I need funding for a project that could have a Noble prize involved. Space is not nothing 84% is dark matter "dark matter seems to be the scientific word for nothing" I have three experiments that need to be conducted. If any millionaires out there would like to fund my projects and riding career please pm me

Beer'o'clock Baz screwed with this post 09-30-2012 at 02:45 AM
Beer'o'clock Baz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:48 AM   #5759
blakrj
Need to ride

Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutherngintelmen View Post
Anyone have an US source for nylon saddle washers? Been gooogling my ass off and keep landing in Eur. Need 4 of them for tube od of 50mm - custom

If you're still stuck, drop me a note and I'll get some ordered here in EU and in the mail to you
www.airborneriders.com
blakrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:49 AM   #5760
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakrj View Post
If you're still stuck, drop me a note and I'll get some ordered here in EU and in the mail to you
Thanks for that - I'll keep you posted.

Sent some mails out yesterday - see what I hear back early this week.