Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #6451
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
I'm autistic, not artitstic. I found a way to live with it but I still can't draw worth a damn

My vision is a siloutte style motorcycle/rider with 690rider.com in block letters.
My Wife is an artist, I'll ask her about making a logo for us.
I'll be working on the house pretty soon if she takes the job
Old 12-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #6452
TheMuffinMan
Forest Ranger Magnet

Oddometer: 5,115
I have finals this week but after they are done I'll get a site up on my webserver. I'm thinking of a wiki style. If it becomes super popular we can move it to a dedicated host.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
'12 690 Enduro // 690 Wiki
TheMuffinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #6453
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan View Post
I have finals this week but after they are done I'll get a site up on my webserver. I'm thinking of a wiki style. If it becomes super popular we can move it to a dedicated host.
Good deal! Shoot me a PM when you're ready and I can send you the domain details.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #6454
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 1,958
Quote:
I'm not that popular but I do own a 690R.
I'll be up to contribute some funds and grab some swag.
Can I join the cool club?
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #6455
TheMuffinMan
Forest Ranger Magnet

Oddometer: 5,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assfault View Post
I'm not that popular but I do own a 690R.
I'll be up to contribute some funds and grab some swag.
Can I join the cool club?
Sure.

Lets get the website up before worrying about funds though!
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
'12 690 Enduro // 690 Wiki
TheMuffinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #6456
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,512
Quote:
Sure.

Lets get the website up before worrying about funds though!
So glad that you bought a 690!

Thanks for stepping up. This will really be a big help to all of us!
Gordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #6457
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,058
On the front of the shirt should be a rider with an ear to ear grin, on the back of the shirt should be a rider swinging a sledge hammer at the same machine.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #6458
RoninMoto
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
On the front of the shirt should be a rider with an ear to ear grin, on the back of the shirt should be a rider swinging a sledge hammer at the same machine.
I'm glad you guys got the lemons. Both mine have been great.
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #6459
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninMoto View Post
Well, we ride them off road more
Old 12-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #6460
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Quote:

mine was good for the first 10,000 miles of racing and woods riding abuse. Then it popped the water pump seal and headgasket. I am not complaining.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Old 12-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #6461
RoninMoto
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Well, we ride them off road more
You are probably right. My tires never leave the pavement. I should have got a SM
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:46 AM   #6462
NumNum
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
You are probably right. My tires never leave the pavement. I should have got a SM
Sweet pic Noah,
Old 12-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #6463
numbutt
john

Oddometer: 96
More on sidestand switch disable....

Ho-hum it must be winter in USA/north..threads are becoming mundane..!!.... thought id follow some others in disabling the sidestand switch...( in a slow quest to reduce ? the ocasional flame-out when racing to a stop )
Another inmate suggested a 1K to 3K resistor to repace the hall switch putting this resisror between the pink and black wires [ there are 3 wires going to the switch pink, black and blue ].
I did a few tests to ceate some understanding and what we have is a blue wire that supplies a regulated 5 Volts from the ECU to power the switch [ the switch is a Hall device [ linear response to a magnet ] coupled internally to a Schimdt trigger level detector that provide a snap action . [ hope im not boring anyone ]. Anyway, at ignition switch on, 5V is sent to blue and without the Hall connected the pink wire also reads 5 Volts. With the Hall switch in place and activated [ stand up ] the pink wire is locked down to 2.50Volts. Black is the earth wire or at earth potential [ 0 ].. I did a few tests to establish the ( voltage ) effect of adding the first mentioned resistor ''cheat '' to ''pull down '' the pink wire to about 2.5 Volts .

3.3K gives 3.02 volts
2.7K gives 2.78 Volts
2.2K gives 2.52 Volts [ test resistors between black and pink ]
1.8K gives 2.27 volts
1.5K gives 2.06 Volts
1.0K gives 1.6 Volts

After all this bull we must conclude that probably the best resistor to use is 2.2k { 2200 ohms } ...a standard value and i used a 1 watt metal oxide type [ most stable ] [ fortunately i carry many of every resistor 1 ohm ...1 Meg ohm at home so its an easy test !! ]
So after all that #&*@# , simply cut wires to stand above connector near shock, solder in 2.2 K ohms between Pink and Black, heat shrink it, then isolate and heat shrink off the blue so it cant short....and Bobs your uncle ....
numbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #6464
Night Falcon
Adventure NZL

Oddometer: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbutt View Post
Ho-hum it must be winter in USA/north..threads are becoming mundane..!!.... thought id follow some others in disabling the sidestand switch...( in a slow quest to reduce ? the ocasional flame-out when racing to a stop )
Another inmate suggested a 1K to 3K resistor to repace the hall switch putting this resisror between the pink and black wires [ there are 3 wires going to the switch pink, black and blue ].
I did a few tests to ceate some understanding and what we have is a blue wire that supplies a regulated 5 Volts from the ECU to power the switch [ the switch is a Hall device [ linear response to a magnet ] coupled internally to a Schimdt trigger level detector that provide a snap action . [ hope im not boring anyone ]. Anyway, at ignition switch on, 5V is sent to blue and without the Hall connected the pink wire also reads 5 Volts. With the Hall switch in place and activated [ stand up ] the pink wire is locked down to 2.50Volts. Black is the earth wire or at earth potential [ 0 ].. I did a few tests to establish the ( voltage ) effect of adding the first mentioned resistor ''cheat '' to ''pull down '' the pink wire to about 2.5 Volts .

3.3K gives 3.02 volts
2.7K gives 2.78 Volts
1.8K gives 2.27 volts
1.5K gives 2.06 Volts
1.0K gives 1.6 Volts

After all this bull we must conclude that probably the best resistor to use is 2.2k { 2200 ohms } ...a standard value and i used a 1 watt metal oxide type [ most stable ] [ fortunately i carry many of every resistor 1 ohm ...1 Meg ohm at home so its an easy test !! ]
So after all that #&*@# , simply cut wires to stand above connector near shock, solder in 2.2 K ohms between Pink and Black, heat shrink it, then isolate and heat shrink off the blue so it cant short....and Bobs your uncle ....
great report but you lost me after "it must be winter in the USA/North"
Night Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #6465
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbutt View Post

3.3K gives 3.02 volts
2.7K gives 2.78 Volts
1.8K gives 2.27 volts
1.5K gives 2.06 Volts
1.0K gives 1.6 Volts

Call me lazy but I just bought a pre-made side stand switch and plugged it in.