ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #7021
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 14,005
After reading the drama about the clutch switch, I'm really glad I ditched the KTM nanny boxes
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #7022
FriedDuck
Why die all tensed up?
 
FriedDuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 431
I snapped a clutch lever and replaced it with a motion pro version and it has the boss on it to engage the switch. (Dealer, though, sold me the wrong lever on the 1st try. In fact those f***ers sold me both the wrong brake lever AND the wrong clutch lever. It was mail order after that experience )
FriedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #7023
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!
 
Seth S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: sanity?
Oddometer: 4,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
After reading the drama about the clutch switch, I'm really glad I ditched the KTM nanny boxes

An added bonus for sure
__________________
Seth S

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #7024
DirtJack
Adventurer
 
DirtJack's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Oddometer: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
After reading the drama about the clutch switch, I'm really glad I ditched the KTM nanny boxes
Damn computers, can't live with em, can't have this discussion without em.
__________________
Remember, you're reading this on the Internet and it was written by a guy who can remember stuff which never happened.
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2008 KTM 300 XC (plated)
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #7025
Dotbond
Africa, Africa
 
Dotbond's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Dunedin. New Zealand
Oddometer: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
Best thing to do first is to fit 4,8Nm springs,they are too hard stock,Then 5W oil with 115mm air gap.
Do Rally Raid sell these 4,8Nm springs? 465mm long from what i have read.

I see in an older blog on the Rally Raid website that you are developing a insert for the front forks in conjunction with Ohlins, hows that coming along?
__________________
2012 KTM 690 R
2010 KTM 990 R (Sold)

2008 N.Z.Yamaha Safari: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306905
2007 N.Z.Adventures Safari: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201557

Dotbond screwed with this post 02-01-2013 at 06:56 PM
Dotbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #7026
thorinoakenshield
ya mo be there
 
thorinoakenshield's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: ☼
Oddometer: 460
anybody install fork bleeders on the 690?
just curious.
i have them on my 450, they are nice to have.
thorinoakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #7027
MrHix
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrHix's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: MO
Oddometer: 384
Motion Pro Micro Bleeders on mine. They sit lower and are less likely to rip off.

Cheers,

MrHix
MrHix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:19 AM   #7028
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 14,005
I carry a screw driver in my fanny pack, seems to work well and have never ripped the stock bleeder screws off. Not for lack off trying mind you
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #7029
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer
 
Baja Dad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Norco California
Oddometer: 2,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorinoakenshield View Post
anybody install fork bleeders on the 690?
just curious.
i have them on my 450, they are nice to have.
I have them on All my bikes.
I have NEVER broke one off
__________________
2015 support: Multitool,GPS IMS Aurora Rally Kriega, Raiden LS2, Helmets,
100Goggles,SIDI,Seat Concepts, Precision Concepts, MX1West,Dunlop
Baja Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #7030
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 14,005
Does anyone know what the stock rev limiter setting is for the 690? Been working on my base map settings and cold start enrichment but need to verify the rev cut. I've got the soft cut at 7600 and hard cut at 7700.

For you tune ecu folks, does anyone have the spark map handy? My butt tells me it needs a bit more advance and I need a good baseline before venturing into holed pistonland
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #7031
beaney
rally racer
 
beaney's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: uk, or on a rally.
Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Does anyone know what the stock rev limiter setting is for the 690? Been working on my base map settings and cold start enrichment but need to verify the rev cut. I've got the soft cut at 7600 and hard cut at 7700.

For you tune ecu folks, does anyone have the spark map handy? My butt tells me it needs a bit more advance and I need a good baseline before venturing into holed pistonland
8400 std but 8800 is ok, been up to 9200 but felt it was pushing it a bit to far

Crank, this is how it finished up,also 700cc engine, had it pulling 124 mph with 15/45 gearing

__________________
690 enduro/ rally
350 exc
RALLY-RAIDPRODUCTS.CO.UK

beaney screwed with this post 02-02-2013 at 11:18 AM
beaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #7032
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 14,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaney View Post
8400 std but 8800 is ok, been up to 9200 but felt it was pushing it a bit to far

Crank, this is how it finished up,also 700cc engine, had it pulling 124 mph with 15/45 gearing

Great work Beaney! I need to dip into the timing for sure, she falls flat at 6600 RPM, I must be missing some timing advance. AFR looks good across the board and it just feels like timing to me. Back to the dyno next week
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #7033
beaney
rally racer
 
beaney's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: uk, or on a rally.
Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Great work Beaney! I need to dip into the timing for sure, she falls flat at 6600 RPM, I must be missing some timing advance. AFR looks good across the board and it just feels like timing to me. Back to the dyno next week
Have a look on tuneecu for the duke r map 2011, ign a bit more advanced and pulls strong from 6000 up. may give you some clues on where to go.

Also running mine on the rich side, found it helps smooth out the power delivery
__________________
690 enduro/ rally
350 exc
RALLY-RAIDPRODUCTS.CO.UK

beaney screwed with this post 02-02-2013 at 11:49 AM
beaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #7034
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 14,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaney View Post
Have a look on tuneecu for the duke r map 2011, ign a bit more advanced and pulls strong from 6000 up. may give you some clues on where to go.

Also running mine on the rich side, found it helps smooth out the power delivery
I'm running 13.2-13.8 AFR part throttle cruising and 13 AFR hard on the go handle. I need to adjust tip in off idle a bit also, I'm getting a little stumble. Accel enrichment table should do the trick. I'll D/L the Duke map, thanks for the tip!
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #7035
Czechie
Adventurer
 
Czechie's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Oddometer: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotbond View Post
Do Rally Raid sell these 4,8Nm springs? 465mm long from what i have read.

I see in an older blog on the Rally Raid website that you are developing a insert for the front forks in conjunction with Ohlins, hows that coming along?
Did anyone try to fit other front end on 690R? I mean for example from KTM530, 450...
I love this bike but the front suspension sucks
Czechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015