ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #7201
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 8,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post

I'm hoping to get Ginger fired up tonight.
Still not road worthy yet. Due in tomorrow- LED Taillight/fender assembly and mounts for my GPS & Doubletake mirrors.
How were the valve clearances?
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #7202
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Upstate SC
Oddometer: 8,389
Anyone have a stock 690 header for sale?
__________________
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #7203
Aaron from Texas
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Aaron from Texas's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Texas
Oddometer: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Anyone have a stock 690 header for sale?
I have one that's been thoroughly abused by the previous owner, what do you need it for?
__________________
1987 Honda XL600R
ftwtexas.blogspot.com
Aaron from Texas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #7204
RoninMoto
Wanderer
 
RoninMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Australia
Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Anyone have a stock 690 header for sale?
Oh shite. what did you do now?
__________________
Noah 08 KTM 690 ADV. 111,000 km. 42 countries. 5 continents and counting.
RTW Ride Report --> http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781893
Blog ------------------> http://rtwwithnoah.blogspot.com/
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #7205
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart
 
dad2bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
Looking good !!!
Thanks Mark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
How were the valve clearances?
Didn't check them yet. The PO kept impecable records and they were done under 2000 miles ago. I want to get some riding time on my new steed. I can look at the valves at the next oil change. The oil looks pretty new presently.
__________________
Tom
2006 950 Adventure "Big Orange", 2009 690R "Ginger",2003 525 EXC,
To Think is to Create!
My2Wheels
690 WIKI
dad2bike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #7206
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer
 
Baja Dad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Norco California
Oddometer: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Anyone have a stock 690 header for sale?
I will have one for sale very soon send me a PM
my down pipe in almost done!!
__________________
2014 support: GPR,IMS Aurora Rally Kriega, Raiden LS2,100Goggles,SIDI,Seat Concepts, Rally Raid Products UK,Precision Concepts, MX1West,Dunlop
Baja Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #7207
Honkey Cat
Tailights Fade!
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: SW Florida
Oddometer: 1,062
vortex ecu ??

ok, I've got the vortex ecu installed with a leo vince slip on and open stock air box. Bike runs amazing except it does have some very slight surging. Once you notice it, it will drive you bonkers ( it does me ) It also has some very snappy throttle. I've been told that 30% of the TPS are bad and you have to bring it to the dealer to check the ohm's etc... Is there a way to check it out myself with a snap on meter?

Thanks for your reply's
__________________
My favorite philosopher is Cha Ching !
Honkey Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #7208
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega
 
The Letter J's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Oddometer: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
A pic of the Scotts shark fin installed. Serious protection. Still need to figure something out for the front. I forsee something expensive in my future.



For the front rotor guard, check out http://www.toparracing.com/front-dis...o-530cc-350cc/ I emailed them a year or so ago to see if it would cover the 300mm rotor and I was told that it would be close but they could change a number here or there before machining to make it fit. I never discussed price as work has been slow so my toy budget has suffered.
The Letter J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #7209
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart
 
dad2bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
For the front rotor guard, check out http://www.toparracing.com/front-dis...o-530cc-350cc/ I emailed them a year or so ago to see if it would cover the 300mm rotor and I was told that it would be close but they could change a number here or there before machining to make it fit. I never discussed price as work has been slow so my toy budget has suffered.
That looks like the Bullet Proof unit. Much cheaper. Heck even if they charged an extra $20 it would still be less than the BP unit. I think it is worth checking into. Thanks!
__________________
Tom
2006 950 Adventure "Big Orange", 2009 690R "Ginger",2003 525 EXC,
To Think is to Create!
My2Wheels
690 WIKI
dad2bike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #7210
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer
 
Motorfiets's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: North of Jack Daniel's, South of Country Music
Oddometer: 3,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
LED Taillight/fender assembly
what did you order?
__________________
Ben
My Photo's
Motorfiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #7211
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick
 
BK.RD.RNR's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Watching Kenny61 Ground Assault Videos
Oddometer: 5,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkey Cat View Post
ok, I've got the vortex ecu installed with a leo vince slip on and open stock air box. Bike runs amazing except it does have some very slight surging. Once you notice it, it will drive you bonkers ( it does me ) It also has some very snappy throttle. I've been told that 30% of the TPS are bad and you have to bring it to the dealer to check the ohm's etc... Is there a way to check it out myself with a snap on meter?

Thanks for your reply's
I would spend a few bucks on the G2 throttle cam first, and see how it feels then.

http://www.g2ergo.com/dirt-bike-g2-e...ttle-tube.html
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #7212
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart
 
dad2bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
what did you order?
I hope this OK.
I ordered this one with Clear lens & turn signals.
I ordered directly from the vendor. He also sells on KTMTalk. Doesn't list this unit there though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200770720339...84.m1423.l2649

Cheaper ordering off KTMTalk or direct.

Edit: Here's one of his KTM Talk links.
http://ktmtalk.com/pp_classifieds/sh...=30658&cat=all
__________________
Tom
2006 950 Adventure "Big Orange", 2009 690R "Ginger",2003 525 EXC,
To Think is to Create!
My2Wheels
690 WIKI
dad2bike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #7213
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer
 
Motorfiets's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: North of Jack Daniel's, South of Country Music
Oddometer: 3,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
I hope this OK.
I ordered this one with Clear lens & turn signals.
I ordered directly from the vendor. He also sells on KTMTalk. Doesn't list this unit there though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200770720339...84.m1423.l2649

Cheaper ordering off KTMTalk or direct.

Edit: Here's one of his KTM Talk links.
http://ktmtalk.com/pp_classifieds/sh...=30658&cat=all
cool cool!

I just ordered this... only reason why I ask

LED EBAY Light
__________________
Ben
My Photo's
Motorfiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #7214
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart
 
dad2bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
cool cool!

I just ordered this... only reason why I ask

LED EBAY Light
I think that is the same LED unit part of the assembly I'm getting. Nice.
__________________
Tom
2006 950 Adventure "Big Orange", 2009 690R "Ginger",2003 525 EXC,
To Think is to Create!
My2Wheels
690 WIKI
dad2bike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #7215
Okieboy2
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
That looks like the Bullet Proof unit. Much cheaper. Heck even if they charged an extra $20 it would still be less than the BP unit. I think it is worth checking into. Thanks!
I have emailed BPD several times now asking them if they would make the front disc guard for a 690 but no response. Maybe us 690 owners can start an email campaign like we did on the swingarm guard and get them to make one.
__________________
12 500 XC-W
10 690 Enduro R
07 525 EXC
Okieboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014