Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #7261
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 14,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadracer_Al View Post
Any knowledge about if it will work with a 2008 Enduro? If so, I'll gladly take it.

a
I'm sure it will, the plugs should all be the same and the wheel speed sensor is the same. I can't say 100% though. I'm waiting for payment from another member at the moment but 1st come 1st served.

Aaron
Old 02-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #7262
crankshaft OP
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 14,005
Next up, Underground Machine Damper kit for Scotts damper. Damper not included.
$70 shipped conus
Old 02-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #7263
dunefreak
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
Took Ginger for about 300 miles of dirt roads & some pavement yesterday.
I have some little things still to be taken care of.1st on the list is to build up another set of wide pegs like on my 950. I was on the tips all day with my big ham legs.
Clearly I have plenty to do on the suspension. For awhile I thought I had taken too much preload out of the shock as I saw tire marks on the center of the tank. After looking at the other 2 690's with me, we all had the same marks. We must've hit something really hard.

Those cute turn signals turned out to be an epic fail. 1 of them ejected the plastic housing on the trail. The metal part of the stem & bulb stayed.
I'll be changing out the new grips for new other grips like I have on my 525. spongy and reduce the vibrations. Man this vibrates even more then my RFS.
I noticed with the Safari tank my low fuel light comes on with a huge amount of gas still in the tanks.

Thoughts from the 690 GURU's??
I was fighting Neutral all day. Going into 1st many times would just drop right back into neutral. Seemed like the shifting mechanism wasn't locking into first. When I slowly put it into first I could feel the lock. If I did it as a fast slam of the foot it would just return to neutral. I do have a +20mm Hammerhead shifter on. Seems like the LC4 has a much longer throw than my RFS.
Is there something I should look at? Should I be changing my shifting style for the LC4? I was considering going back to original shifter to start.
Tom, the turn signals you ran look similar to mine, but mine have held up to tons of abuse, even my recent crash. Are these the same? These are the ones I'm runnning. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...T.ac=SLIsearch

As for the vibes, a set of vibranators actually helped out quite a bit on mine.

I've never had an issue with shifting other than the occasional missed 5th/ false neutral usually from lazy shifts.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #7264
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,607
Quote:

Thoughts from the 690 GURU's??
I was fighting Neutral all day. Going into 1st many times would just drop right back into neutral. Seemed like the shifting mechanism wasn't locking into first. When I slowly put it into first I could feel the lock. If I did it as a fast slam of the foot it would just return to neutral. I do have a +20mm Hammerhead shifter on. Seems like the LC4 has a much longer throw than my RFS.
Is there something I should look at? Should I be changing my shifting style for the LC4? I was considering going back to original shifter to start.
There seems to be a slightly longer throw between 1 & 2 as well as between 5 & 6. This gives missed shifts now and again until you get used to it. I've found that if there is the slightest clutch drag, the feeling is more pronounced. You might try bleeding the clutch to insure that it disengages completely and make sure that you don't have excess oil volume in the motor. I had never checked the clutch fluid on mine since new in June 08 and I developed an air bubble in the line on a 4 day ride near Cloudcroft NM last October. No mineral oil to be found around there, but baby oil got the clutch going again. (Clutch was as smooth as a baby's butt, however I replaced the oil immediately on return because baby oil has a fair amount of water in it.)
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #7265
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer: 4,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunefreak View Post
Tom, the turn signals you ran look similar to mine, but mine have held up to tons of abuse, even my recent crash. Are these the same? These are the ones I'm runnning. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...T.ac=SLIsearch

As for the vibes, a set of vibranators actually helped out quite a bit on mine.

I've never had an issue with shifting other than the occasional missed 5th/ false neutral usually from lazy shifts.
Looks like a similar set in a different package. I'm thinking this one may have been wiped of by a really big bush I pushed thru on the ride.

Might have to look into those.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #7266
blakrj
Need to ride

Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Anybody got some pics of their small rear turn signals installed?
I just could not bring myself to hang those OEM ones on the sleek Euro taillight assembly.
I run surface mount teardrops on my 525. They are supplemented with integrated Turn signal license frame.

I was thinking small stem style LED version for Ginger. Front & rear.
Yeah, changing flasher to LED style.
Where is that thing located, under seat or behind mask?

Spent a few minutes filing on my wedding band today. Forgot to wear gloves when welding up the sidestand. Wirefeed slag splatter all over it.
My welding SUX.
Anybody got 690R sidestand they want to sell.
Got a set from Watsen Design (www.watsendesign.com) not cheap, but pretty damn awesome and bright too. No chance of knocking them off in a hurry - the rear end of the bike would have to break off first
www.airborneriders.com
blakrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #7267
MrHix
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
I just installed a set of the new Vibranators to my '12 690 ER. You cut 1" off the end of each side of the bars, tap the bars with the supplied tap, and screw the inserts in (adding back the inch that was cut off). With my uncalibrated hands, I would say there was about a 50% decrease in vibs.

Two items to mention: No instructions for the new style inserts, and you need much shorter handguard bolts if you are running handguards (not supplied in the kit).

Cheers,

MrHix
MrHix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #7268
sdd04
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakrj View Post
Got a set from Watsen Design (www.watsendesign.com) not cheap, but pretty damn awesome and bright too. No chance of knocking them off in a hurry - the rear end of the bike would have to break off first
Can these lights be seen flashing from the side, or only behind?
sdd04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #7269
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHix View Post
I just installed a set of the new Vibranators to my '12 690 ER. You cut 1" off the end of each side of the bars, tap the bars with the supplied tap, and screw the inserts in (adding back the inch that was cut off). With my uncalibrated hands, I would say there was about a 50% decrease in vibs.

Two items to mention: No instructions for the new style inserts, and you need much shorter handguard bolts if you are running handguards (not supplied in the kit).

Cheers,

MrHix
Would you mind posting a link to which one you are describing?
Trying to figure this stuff out from their site is difficult.

Sent from outer space with my Thunderbolt with Tapatalk.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #7270
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,607
SICASS Racing flat mount Led's are what I use:

Very bright and easily seen from the side. Been on the bike for more than 3 years. Haven't been able to break or drown them yet.

You can get them with KTM connectors so they are a plug-in connection. I used the old TS hole and drilled 1 other on each side.

SICASS Led's

On the front I now use HDB, so I cut slots in the plastic and moved the front leds to the HDB hand guards.

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #7271
thorinoakenshield
ya mo be there

Oddometer: 449
I did my SAS and canister removal. Everything went fine.
After idling for 20min, everything is fine...nothing to see here folks...move along.

thorinoakenshield screwed with this post 02-17-2013 at 03:24 PM
thorinoakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #7272
MrHix
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Would you mind posting a link to which one you are describing?
Trying to figure this stuff out from their site is difficult.

Sent from outer space with my Thunderbolt with Tapatalk.
Best thing to do is give them a call. The new model is not shown and they can tell you what to order. The one I got shows as "S04-B07-N07-T150, 0.550/14mm Inside Diameter, $79.99."

Good Luck,

MrHix
MrHix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #7273
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

Thanks!

Now a trivia question for you guys...

How do you set the circumference on the 690 all digital speedo?
The books only show how to do it on the Enduro model with the tach.

Must be some closely guarded secret in Austria.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #7274
dunefreak
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHix View Post

Cheers,

MrHix
That wasn't the case with mine. The kit came with longer bolts to be used in conjunction with the Cycra handguard hardware. It was super easy.

The instructions that came with mine...
Old 02-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #7275
lightfighter
where does this go?

Oddometer: 2,299
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480326

This one?

Quote:
Thanks!

Now a trivia question for you guys...

How do you set the circumference on the 690 all digital speedo?
The books only show how to do it on the Enduro model with the tach.

Must be some closely guarded secret in Austria.
lightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote