ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 10:02 PM   #7996
lightfighter
where does this go?
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Sierra Vista AZ.
Oddometer: 2,291
15/45

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiswoodsguy View Post
which is ??

Mine was swapped out before i bought it - set up for more road use - and it is not that desirable for how i ride.

I wanna do 3rd gear power wheelies (btw i can do 4th gear standing wheelies on my 520 )
lightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:42 AM   #7997
fluff34567
Beastly Adventurer
 
fluff34567's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: choco land AKA switzerland
Oddometer: 1,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdd04 View Post
Well, Dad2bike, you might be right. My wife says suddenly Darth Vader was suddenly breathing heavily in her helmet... Luke.... Got to love intercoms lol.

Anyway, perhaps I'm approaching this from the wrong angle. Maybe I don't need case protection as much as I need a lever that doesn't bend as much. How likely would it be the a billet lever like the CleanSpeed would bend far enough to hit the case?

Turns out I didn't escape totally free. Hours later you can just see the glisten of oil on your finger if you wipe the gouge the brake pad made. Pretty lucky though.

Still a great day!
Highly unlikely, its made of 6000 series T6 and is thick. Its at least double thickness of original.

sent using my fingers and voodoo magic.
fluff34567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:51 AM   #7998
thorinoakenshield
ya mo be there
 
thorinoakenshield's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: ☼
Oddometer: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdd04 View Post
Well, Dad2bike, you might be right. My wife says suddenly Darth Vader was suddenly breathing heavily in her helmet... Luke.... Got to love intercoms lol.

Anyway, perhaps I'm approaching this from the wrong angle. Maybe I don't need case protection as much as I need a lever that doesn't bend as much. How likely would it be the a billet lever like the CleanSpeed would bend far enough to hit the case?

Turns out I didn't escape totally free. Hours later you can just see the glisten of oil on your finger if you wipe the gouge the brake pad made. Pretty lucky though.

Still a great day!
get the adventure spec case savers
http://www.adventure-spec.com/defaul...m-690-e-r.html
thorinoakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:52 AM   #7999
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart
 
dad2bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 4,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorinoakenshield View Post
Do they have a US distributor?
__________________
Tom-2006 950 Adventure "Big Orange", 2009 690R "Ginger",2003 525 EXC
My2Wheels
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #8000
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!
 
Seth S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: sanity?
Oddometer: 4,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
Do they have a US distributor?

Just buy them directly from Advspec. I ordered a skid plate and the case protectors from them. Shipping was reasonable, arrived via DHL, and arrive at my door on the friday of the same week I ordered it. I ordered something else from California on the same day and it arrived after the parts from the UK.
__________________
Seth S

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #8001
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart
 
dad2bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 4,128
Anybody interested in buying a couple of sets or such for a group buy? Freaking shipping is half again as much as the plates cost.
I bet the shipping does change much at all wtih multiple sets.
__________________
Tom-2006 950 Adventure "Big Orange", 2009 690R "Ginger",2003 525 EXC
My2Wheels
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #8002
lightfighter
where does this go?
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Sierra Vista AZ.
Oddometer: 2,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
Anybody interested in buying a couple of sets or such for a group buy? Freaking shipping is half again as much as the plates cost.
I bet the shipping does change much at all wtih multiple sets.
i need to do the exchange rate math and figure the interstate additional shipping, but i spose i am interested...

or i could just ride to vegas and get mine from you.
lightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #8003
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart
 
dad2bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 4,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfighter View Post
i need to do the exchange rate math and figure the interstate additional shipping, but i spose i am interested...

or i could just ride to vegas and get mine from you.
I just posted up on my local board (my2wheels) hoping to get enough in a group purchase that either ASV throws in shipping or it end up being only about $5 each. You are pretty close and could easily get into that group.
__________________
Tom-2006 950 Adventure "Big Orange", 2009 690R "Ginger",2003 525 EXC
My2Wheels
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #8004
sdd04
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: The Ozarks....SW MO, NW AR-great place to play!
Oddometer: 841
JB Quick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluff34567 View Post
Highly unlikely, its made of 6000 series T6 and is thick. Its at least double thickness of original.

sent using my fingers and voodoo magic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorinoakenshield View Post
Thank you both, I decided to double up and ordered both parts. Sorry Dad2bike, I would have joined your buy, but had already purchased before seeing your post.

I realize that something has to absorb the energy in a fall, but that brake lever twisted a full 90 degrees and etched the teeth into the clutch case cover.

And, all it took to make it look good as new was putting a small screw driver into the toe pad and twisting it back.... I suppose there is good and bad to that.

It has a very very tiny weep of oil when the bike is level. Any issues with using JB Quick, or Weld to repair this?
sdd04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #8005
thorinoakenshield
ya mo be there
 
thorinoakenshield's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: ☼
Oddometer: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdd04 View Post
Thank you both, I decided to double up and ordered both parts. Sorry Dad2bike, I would have joined your buy, but had already purchased before seeing your post.

I realize that something has to absorb the energy in a fall, but that brake lever twisted a full 90 degrees and etched the teeth into the clutch case cover.

And, all it took to make it look good as new was putting a small screw driver into the toe pad and twisting it back.... I suppose there is good and bad to that.

It has a very very tiny weep of oil when the bike is level. Any issues with using JB Quick, or Weld to repair this?
I should've mentioned that I've lowered my brake pedal enough so that the adv spec case saver might not stop it. There's a good chance that it will. It's the cleanspeed lever, so I'm not too concerned.

Likewise for the shifter, although it's kinda beefier than the stock brake pedal.

Check out the pics.
Please don't hate me. It's still nice to have them on.




thorinoakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #8006
Brute
Melbourne , outer east .
 
Brute's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Oddometer: 1,055
Can anyone tell me if an 08 speedo will plug into an 09 /10 speedo plug ?
Brute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #8007
Maurizio
2 smoker
 
Maurizio's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Turin, Italy
Oddometer: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post
an 08 speedo will plug into an 09 /10 speedo plug ?
No.
__________________
maurizio
'14 250 EXC E "Sparkling Orange"
'08 FLHCTUSE3 - '76 CB 750 F ss
sold: '03 950 adv s, '05 450 exc, '08 690 e
Maurizio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:39 AM   #8008
Brute
Melbourne , outer east .
 
Brute's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Oddometer: 1,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurizio View Post
No.
That's a bummer , my 08 speedo isn't working , back light only works , but I don't know if its the speedo or wiring .
Brute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:56 AM   #8009
Noyah
poser
 
Noyah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Oddometer: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post
That's a bummer , my 08 speedo isn't working , back light only works , but I don't know if its the speedo or wiring .
Maby if you buy the 08 wire?
__________________
KTM 690 Enduro R

--> My Movies <--
Noyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:25 AM   #8010
Brute
Melbourne , outer east .
 
Brute's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Oddometer: 1,055
Sorted , after tracing every wire , it was a break in the white & red wire back from the triple clamp ..
Brute is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015