ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #8251
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart
 
dad2bike's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 4,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk the Jerk View Post
Anyone of you big footed feller's run one of these Hammerhead shift levers?




I just noticed they make 'em in differing lengths for different shoe size, and it would be a lot easier for me to fit my size 13 feet in there with a pair of MX boots and still be able to get a complete upshift...
My boy & I both run the +20 Hammerhead shifters. Also size 13 boots. Very nice for shifting.

I found ours for $65 shipped on ebay.
__________________
Tom-2006 950 Adventure "Big Orange", 2009 690R "Ginger",2003 525 EXC
My2Wheels
dad2bike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #8252
motoged
Studly Adventurer
 
motoged's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Kamloops, BC
Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
.....Would like to go ride the new trans canada route. we will see. ...
Seth,
Once the dust settles and you have your sights on Canada, start in BC ....you might not go east of the Rockies after that

Give me some lead-time and you have a place to stay and ride





__________________
Ged Schwartz
Kamloops , BC


Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track





motoged screwed with this post 04-16-2013 at 09:57 AM
motoged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #8253
Aaron from Texas
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Aaron from Texas's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Texas
Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
Here is the KTM1 shifter +15mm with the shorter tip on my bike. I have size 15 shoes (14 boots) and this seems about right... Hammerhead recommends the +20mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
My boy & I both run the +20 Hammerhead shifters. Also size 13 boots. Very nice for shifting.

I found ours for $65 shipped on ebay.
Sweet. I think I'll order one up. Thanks for the quick replies, guys...
__________________
1987 Honda XL600R
ftwtexas.blogspot.com
Aaron from Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #8254
Roadracer_Al
louder, louder, louder!
 
Roadracer_Al's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Oakland, CA
Oddometer: 1,662
Yes, I do. Very nicely constructed. I have a size 12 1/2 shoe, and bought a +15 (iirc), and it's a touch too long. I don't notice it in boots, but if I ever ride in street shoes (I know, I know... I shouldn't) it hits right on my toe nails, which feels odd.

Word of advice: use loctite on the bolt, and consider safety-wiring -- a loose bolt will ruin the conical splines in short order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk the Jerk View Post
Anyone of you big footed feller's run one of these Hammerhead shift levers?
__________________
When they say Harleys are for 1%ers, I don't think they mean guys who sell crank and get in bar fights any more.
Roadracer_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #8255
kiffernathan
Gnarly Adventurer
 
kiffernathan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: S'toon, Canada
Oddometer: 140
Quote:
....you might not go east of the Rockies after that
I created the prairie section of the TCAT - you will miss out if you don't go east of the Rockies! Trust me.

Very different riding, but spectacular in its own way!



__________________
Chris
2009 F800GS
kiffernathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #8256
rickypanecatyl
SE Asia adventure tours
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Oddometer: 1,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluff34567 View Post
mt21 right ? anyone had issues with the blocks ripping off?
Little late here but I had about every third knob rip off on a mostly road trip lately and new tires. They were brand new in Seattle and by Southern Oregon every third knob was gone.
FWIW I've gone thru 3 sets of MT21s before without that happening so I'm wondering if it was high speed freeway driving?
rickypanecatyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #8257
poondangle
Slow
 
poondangle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Suffolk, VA
Oddometer: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk the Jerk View Post
This is the part number for the ASV clutch lever for Magura M/C's... Not sure if there is any difference in 2008-2011 and 2012-2013, but it fits my 2008...

CDC602-K - C6 clutch lever complete
Thanks, I contacted ASV. I had to send pictures of my levers. They hadn't seen my Magura clutch lever yet. He said he was "very happy I sent them". Long story long, he doesn't make anything for the clutch yet.
poondangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #8258
motoged
Studly Adventurer
 
motoged's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Kamloops, BC
Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiffernathan View Post
I created the prairie section of the TCAT - you will miss out if you don't go east of the Rockies! Trust me.

Very different riding, but spectacular in its own way!


I won't really argue with that I was born in Saskatchewan and grew up mostly in Manitoba.....the prairies ( especially rolling hills- Grasslands area and Qu'Appelle Valley areas).

Where else will you find the lovely towns of Climax and Big Beaver

TCAT: http://graveltravel.ca/index.php?opt...id=2&Itemid=20
__________________
Ged Schwartz
Kamloops , BC


Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track




motoged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #8259
ktmmitch
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: uk
Oddometer: 692
Billet Clutch & Brake Levers

Quote:
Originally Posted by poondangle View Post
Thanks, I contacted ASV. I had to send pictures of my levers. They hadn't seen my Magura clutch lever yet. He said he was "very happy I sent them". Long story long, he doesn't make anything for the clutch yet.



We will have our new CNC machined folding Brake & Clutch levers available next week.These have been specifically designed by us at Rally-Raid Products for the KTM 690 Enduro,as the clutch needs a special "pip" on the perch to depress the switch built into the clutch bracket,and without this the bike does not produce full power.
Also,the brake lever is designed to work specifically with the master cylinder of the KTM 690,which is different to all the later EXC models.
These will be retailing at around 85 plus VAT,or approximately $150,plus delivery.
ktmmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #8260
poondangle
Slow
 
poondangle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Suffolk, VA
Oddometer: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post


We will have our new CNC machined folding Brake & Clutch levers available next week.These have been specifically designed by us at Rally-Raid Products for the KTM 690 Enduro,as the clutch needs a special "pip" on the perch to depress the switch built into the clutch bracket,and without this the bike does not produce full power.
Also,the brake lever is designed to work specifically with the master cylinder of the KTM 690,which is different to all the later EXC models.
These will be retailing at around 85 plus VAT,or approximately $150,plus delivery.
Thanks
poondangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #8261
slidefighter
Gather it up, keep on...
 
slidefighter's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: South Carolina Low Country
Oddometer: 405
First Time!

Not a big deal to you guys probably but kind of a milestone for me. Finally got tired of waiting for some upgrade parts to come in, so I buttoned her back up and did my first throttle check and 15 minute idle reset. Made a little smoke, bit of an odor on the brand new Wings exhaust, worked up the temps to two bars from the top, but otherwise idled nicely throughout. Too late at night in the suburbs to take her out tonight, but tomorrow after work is a whole 'nother thing! Again, many thanks to all who take the time to share their expertise.





Lee...
__________________
Slidefighter

"Never adopt an ideology that masks a lack of courage"
slidefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #8262
sdd04
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: The Ozarks....SW MO, NW AR-great place to play!
Oddometer: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidefighter View Post
Not a big deal to you guys probably but kind of a milestone for me. Finally got tired of waiting for some upgrade parts to come in, so I buttoned her back up and did my first throttle check and 15 minute idle reset. Made a little smoke, bit of an odor on the brand new Wings exhaust, worked up the temps to two bars from the top, but otherwise idled nicely throughout. Too late at night in the suburbs to take her out tonight, but tomorrow after work is a whole 'nother thing! Again, many thanks to all who take the time to share their expertise.





Lee...
now go ride it!
sdd04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #8263
Aaron from Texas
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Aaron from Texas's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Texas
Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondangle View Post
Thanks, I contacted ASV. I had to send pictures of my levers. They hadn't seen my Magura clutch lever yet. He said he was "very happy I sent them". Long story long, he doesn't make anything for the clutch yet.
Can you post a pic up here? I'm interested to see how it's different...
__________________
1987 Honda XL600R
ftwtexas.blogspot.com
Aaron from Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #8264
Aaron from Texas
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Aaron from Texas's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Texas
Oddometer: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmmitch View Post
These have been specifically designed by us at Rally-Raid Products for the KTM 690 Enduro,as the clutch needs a special "pip" on the perch to depress the switch built into the clutch bracket,and without this the bike does not produce full power.
What do you mean by "pip?" This?

__________________
1987 Honda XL600R
ftwtexas.blogspot.com
Aaron from Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #8265
Assfault
Exposed Member
 
Assfault's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: RockyMountains
Oddometer: 2,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondangle View Post
Thanks, I contacted ASV. I had to send pictures of my levers. They hadn't seen my Magura clutch lever yet. He said he was "very happy I sent them". Long story long, he doesn't make anything for the clutch yet.
Are any of these ASV clutch lever's accommodating the clutch switch on the 690?
I take it you bike is the 2012+ model?
__________________
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015