Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 02:52 PM   #9436
Night Falcon
Adventure NZL

Oddometer: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post

Did have a pretty good get off on the last day on a wet wood bridge. Shouldn't have tried to wheelie over it no damage at all to the bike, just some very sore muscles and a very bruised ego.
I have the same continual voice in my head telling me to pull wheelies on my 690 but have learnt to ignore it when on slippery wooden bridges, wet concrete ramps either side of creeks, cattle stops, wet grass and on wet road markings
Night Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #9437
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,758
Well, guess I didn't get off scott free. Found this when I pulled off the saddle bags today:

Got a new fender ordered from Surdyke for $75 shipped.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #9438
MrHix
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHix View Post
Hi,

Tried posting this under a new thread, but got no replies.

I am running the Wings silencer with small tip and the stock air filter with desmog. I am going to try a K&N filter. Is the flow of the K&N different enough to require a remap to a more open filter setting? Is there anyone in the STL area that can do a remap?

Thanks,

MrHix

I take it from the replies I got (2) that no one in the STL area has had a 690 ER remapped. I guess I may have to make a road trip somewhere to get more information.

Cheers,

MrHix
MrHix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #9439
Bumpaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Just wondering

If anyone out there is running Mitas or Heidenau tires on their 690 and if so how they hold up? Thanks
Bumpaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #9440
FriedDuck
Why die all tensed up?

Oddometer: 406
TPS (Implausible value)

Well after a few years of faultless running mine's throwing an error code and running oddly (9 long codes, which is something like TPS implausible value.)

Anyone deal with this? I have the TuneECU cable and can get the values to see what's going on. Just wondering if there's anything else I should look at first before I tear into it. Only problem is it's hot as f*** in my shed and I'm not looking forward to an extended session wrenching.

Related....

MrHIX (from 2 posts ago) I recommend you get your hands on a TuneECU cable and remap the bike yourself if you're just talking about adding the Akropovic map. It's easy.

Thanks all, Jeff
FriedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #9441
Michelangelo
2 wheel rider...anytime..

Oddometer: 1,629
WANT TO TRADE:
Black radiator shrouds for orange ones.

The lower radiator shroud panels on my 690E are black. I would like to swap them for orange ones. If you are interested in a swap please PM me.

Also if anyone needs any other parts I've got: oem muffler, steel rear sprocket, oem gas cap and a few other doo-dads listed in Flea Market. Search there or PM me as well.
Michelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:30 PM   #9442
offworlder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpaman View Post
If anyone out there is running Mitas or Heidenau tires on their 690 and if so how they hold up? Thanks
Mitas C21 Stone Eater up front, Majestic Enduro in the rear: good grip, but I'm shredding the rear quickly.
offworlder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:46 AM   #9443
Haraise
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
One of those is a 2011 mask (different than 12-13), and the other doesn't have the year listed. Find any info on 2012-13?
Haraise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:17 AM   #9444
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedDuck View Post
Well after a few years of faultless running mine's throwing an error code and running oddly (9 long codes, which is something like TPS implausible value.)Thanks all, Jeff
My TPS failed last weekend. Would not hold a steady value (suppose to be set at 0.6). This caused the bike to not idle and run rough. Ended up having to replace it. Yours may just need to be set again if it is the issue.

I'd like to know how many others have had a TPS fail.
CanadianX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:01 AM   #9445
gen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
Find any info on 2012-13?
I would either post in those threads or contact BD directly.
DoD#1458 | GaijinRiders | 2010 KTM 690 Enduro

gen screwed with this post 06-24-2013 at 03:49 AM
gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:36 AM   #9446
touser
canned fruit

Oddometer: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianX View Post
My TPS failed last weekend. Would not hold a steady value (suppose to be set at 0.6). This caused the bike to not idle and run rough. Ended up having to replace it. Yours may just need to be set again if it is the issue.

How are they set? is it a computer thing
Old 06-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #9447
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,086
Quote:

if it makes you feel any better we had a coolant temperature sensor fail on the rally car a couple of weeks ago and we lost all of our part throttle power, used 8 gallons of fuel in 50 miles of driving, and spent a day trying to figure out why the engine was running so poorly.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #9448
FriedDuck
Why die all tensed up?

Oddometer: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by touser View Post
How are they set? is it a computer thing
Yes. The dealer of course can do it or you can yourself by downloading TuneECU and buying or making the necessary cable to connect computer to bike.

You'll then be able to read codes, see sensor readings, and read & adjust throttle and fuel maps.

Oh, and you'll need a copy of the service manual for the steps to adjust the TPS. It looks pretty straightforward from what I've seen.

Jeff
FriedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #9449
Biped
NooB Again

Oddometer: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedDuck View Post
Yes. The dealer of course can do it or you can yourself by downloading TuneECU and buying or making the necessary cable to connect computer to bike.

You'll then be able to read codes, see sensor readings, and read & adjust throttle and fuel maps.

Oh, and you'll need a copy of the service manual for the steps to adjust the TPS. It looks pretty straightforward from what I've seen.

Jeff
You can also back probe the conector with a DVM and get the voltage readings that way, like we did before TuneECU was available for the 690, for those that remember that far back
Old 06-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #9450
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 747
Quote:
My TPS was giving spontaneous readings and the bike couldn't idle for more than 3 seconds at a time and ran like crap at just about any throttle opening. That was a few years ago when it was under factory warranty so I took it to the dealer to figure out. They ended up having it for 4+ months before they could figure it out. Replaced the sensor, adjusted APAD/THAD and cleaned the injector and all was well. That was at ~6300 miles and the bike has a bit over 12,000 now.