Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #9511
Velociraptor
TrackBum

Oddometer: 1,043
It will be interesting to see if the rockers we finally get all have the new part number. Also curious to know if the new rockers are an upgrade or the same part with a new number.
2002 RC51 SOLD
2010 KTM 990 Supermoto R SOLD
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:07 PM   #9512
Kirkster
Parts Murderer

Oddometer: 294
The TAT is taking its toll on my 690. I grabbed too much front brake at a stop sign and down I went, my left side Rally Raid tank started leaking. Unfortunately it is at the brass insert and the JB Weld did not work out.

Rally Raid was kind enough to send me a replacement at cost, so I should see that in CO in a few days.

Somehow I lost a seat pan bumper, luckily my buddy picked it up at the same time we were changing my flat tire. I put it back in, but it was the next day and a day too late it seems as now my seat pan is cracked. Any issues riding with the cracked pan? Not that I am going to stop by any means..
07 WR 450F
Kirkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #9513
sprouty115
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkster View Post
The TAT is taking its toll on my 690. I grabbed too much front brake at a stop sign and down I went, my left side Rally Raid tank started leaking. Unfortunately it is at the brass insert and the JB Weld did not work out.

Rally Raid was kind enough to send me a replacement at cost, so I should see that in CO in a few days.

Somehow I lost a seat pan bumper, luckily my buddy picked it up at the same time we were changing my flat tire. I put it back in, but it was the next day and a day too late it seems as now my seat pan is cracked. Any issues riding with the cracked pan? Not that I am going to stop by any means..
The bottom of the seat, roughly in the center, comes very close to the top of the large connector that looks like a "T". Just make sure the crack doesn't allow the seat to flex further and crush anything. You can always stick a piece of chewing in different locations, put the seat on, then take it off to see how much clearance you have.
sprouty115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #9514
creedyflyr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Any issues riding with the cracked pan? Not that I am going to stop by any means..
Yep, I had a big off & snapped My seat pan in 5 places after hitting a tree stump. The flex in the seat caused the edges of the seat to contact the top edges of the tank causing wear marks.I cant believe how brittle the standard pan was. I had mine re-glassed & filled the cavities inside the posts so they are now solid. They were tapped & the rubber stoppers were exchanged for screw in ones from the local hardware store. Much better than before with no more flex in the seat.

Creedy.
creedyflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #9515
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,658
Ladies and gentlemen.... I just received a shipping notification from Surdyke Yamaha letting me know that my new exhaust bearing is headed my way.

Good news! They weren't supposed to be in until the 16th of July.

From the mobile...

Uller screwed with this post 06-29-2013 at 05:02 PM
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #9516
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer: 3,460
Good show. Let us know what it looks like.

Sent from outside my mind.
My2Wheels
690 WIKI
dad2bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #9517
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdennan View Post

Anybody want to help me get rid of a 12' BMW 650 Sertao and a 2 week old 13' Honda XR650L for a new 690?

That was what I should have bought in the first place.
Now I have two bikes trying to cover one base

I guess the reason why I didn't get one in the first place was the question of reliablity. All of my KTM's (especially my 640A and 525) gave me issues.
How are the new one's holding up?
I'd keep the Sertao and get a second hand 450/500EXC ...
Hoots is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #9518
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,917
TuneECU

So I finally decided to try Bartron's mapping tweeks. Holy crap, I wish I would have done this a long time ago.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #9519
Greg@RME
Mis-Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,170
Hey guys, I bought a '08 KTM 690 Enduro that was lowered with a KoubaLink... I'm 6' 4" and want the bike back to stock height. The bike was lowered by the previous owner, but I didn't get the factory link to raise it back up.

Anyone have a factory link??

To make things worse, I bought a link on Ebay for a 690 that is apparently for a SMC... while I was pulling the lowering link off, the needle bearings fell out and now I'm SOL. Can't put the bike back together lowered or stock!

Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #9520
Kirkster
Parts Murderer

Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@RME View Post
Hey guys, I bought a '08 KTM 690 Enduro that was lowered with a KoubaLink... I'm 6' 4" and want the bike back to stock height. The bike was lowered by the previous owner, but I didn't get the factory link to raise it back up.

Anyone have a factory link??

To make things worse, I bought a link on Ebay for a 690 that is apparently for a SMC... while I was pulling the lowering link off, the needle bearings fell out and now I'm SOL. Can't put the bike back together lowered or stock!

If you did not loose any of the needle bearings you can put them back in with some nice waterproof grease. The bearings will stick to it just fine and you can then get them all in place and then put the bolt back through.

No luck on a link though..
07 WR 450F
Kirkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #9521
Greg@RME
Mis-Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,170
Quote:
If you did not loose any of the needle bearings you can put them back in with some nice waterproof grease. The bearings will stick to it just fine and you can then get them all in place and then put the bolt back through.

No luck on a link though..

Yeah, I thought about that... I really want the bike back to stock height! But if it comes to it, I'll put the needle bearings back in and put it together. Thanks!
Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #9522
scholz
bush league

Oddometer: 55
Pissed

And it's finally happened to me. 690 fuel injection not working after 20000kms. Bike stalled when stopped on my way to work today, and does not do what I tell it to with the throttle. It just randomly surges and power is on and off regardless of my throttle input. Just running like crap. Any ideas? Injector? Pump? How many people have replaced the TPS sensor? Fuel filter was replaced about 2000kms ago. I just checked APAD and THAD values about 1500 kms ago and the dealer adjusted one of them back into spec.

Thanks!
scholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:03 AM   #9523
gen
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by scholz View Post
And it's finally happened to me. 690 fuel injection not working after 20000kms. Bike stalled when stopped on my way to work today, and does not do what I tell it to with the throttle. It just randomly surges and power is on and off regardless of my throttle input. Just running like crap. Any ideas? Injector? Pump?
Have you done the 15 minute idling reset yet?
DoD#1458 | GaijinRiders | 2010 KTM 690 Enduro
gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:46 AM   #9524
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by creedyflyr View Post
Yep, I had a big off & snapped My seat pan in 5 places after hitting a tree stump. The flex in the seat caused the edges of the seat to contact the top edges of the tank causing wear marks.I cant believe how brittle the standard pan was. I had mine re-glassed & filled the cavities inside the posts so they are now solid. They were tapped & the rubber stoppers were exchanged for screw in ones from the local hardware store. Much better than before with no more flex in the seat..
Re-glassed, filled in ?? Need more info on what you did/had done. Did you strip the seat cover off and lays some fibreglass on the back side and did you fill the cavities with resin or something else?

I cracked a seat pan and had it replaced under warranty new one isn't any better. Two of the rubber bumps are all but torn off now so I need to come up with a fix.
CanadianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:30 AM   #9525
sdd04
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianX View Post
Re-glassed, filled in ?? Need more info on what you did/had done. Did you strip the seat cover off and lays some fibreglass on the back side and did you fill the cavities with resin or something else?

I cracked a seat pan and had it replaced under warranty new one isn't any better. Two of the rubber bumps are all but torn off now so I need to come up with a fix.
Just as a reminder, Seat Concepts makes their own seat pan for this bike.
sdd04 is offline   Reply With Quote