Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #1111
Velociraptor
TrackBum

Oddometer: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABuck99 View Post
This is an excellent trip- health- evac insurance group- phones are manned by doctors, coverage is exceptional.

http://www.internationalsos.com/en/
Thanks for the post! Going for a week in Baja next April.

2014 KTM EXC 500
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #1112
gordons
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_WY View Post
Hi guys,
Just picked picked up an '08 enduro. Read through this entire thread to get a grasp on possible issues and fixes.
I want to use Tuneecu to remap. In reading the the D2XX driver installation directions I ran into a question I don't have the answer for. I have windows XP but do not know whether I have 32 or 64 bit processor architecture. How do I determine that on my PC? Also should I use the latest release date (BETA)?

On a side note. In reading the thread concerning fuel pumps and larger micron filters. I also picked up a 525 EXC this summer. Had a similar problem with the fine black particulates. My EXC has a clear baja tank on it. I fought the issue for 3 days with it plugging my pilot jet. My findings lead me to replace the KTM fuel line with regular clear fuel line. Problem fixed. I found the molded KTM fuel line to be deteriorating and that was the source of the fine black particulates. The KTM fuel line was more like a vacuum line than a fuel line. While I haven't looked or investigated the 690 fuel system yet (I will this winter). I wonder if that isn't the same issue I have read about in this thread. Food for thought.

Thanks in advance
Scout
You can also click on Start, then Run, type msinfo32 and click on OK. Will open System Information window and look for a line System Type on the first screen. X64 means 64-bit and X86 32-bit. The msconfig32 command works on 64-bit (x64) PC's as well. My version of XP (32-bit) is on Service Pack 3 with all updates installed. Bit too obvious that I'm a propellerhead hey?

Since this is a 690 and not DOS commands 101 forum I would just like to add that this bike is awesome.

2011 KTM 690 Enduro R
2007 Honda XR650R - sold

gordons screwed with this post 12-14-2011 at 01:57 PM
gordons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:11 AM   #1113
dpifko
Can u smell the It's Its?

Oddometer: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster View Post
Yes, and I'm aware of the traffic in and around the cities. I'm renting 690 to get off the beaten path and explore back roads/trails.
If you find yourself on the Nicoya peninsula, you should check out the dirt, 4x4-rated road that connects Cabuya and Malpais without going around the tip of the peninsula. I did it in a truck, though I was thinking the whole time it'd be really fun on a 690. It's only <20 km, but there are good views and, as of last summer, deep (2-4 ft) ruts, and 3 stream crossings. Google Maps won't route you along it, so you'll have to follow a track or ask directions somewhere around Cabuya to be sure you hit the right road.

AVAILABLE NOW - ANDROID version: Greatest Drive
dpifko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:43 AM   #1114
Jorik
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordons View Post
The 2011 EPT (KM765EU11B0231EP) & FI (KM765EU11B0231FI) maps from Tune ECU. Note that the maps for the 2011 model differs from the other years so make 100% sure you load the correct map. I assume the EU11 bit can be used as model year reference.

It feels like the bike is pulling a bit stronger in the lower gears and of course a 'bit' noisier with the Akro. It also seems that the bike is less prone to cut out at idle, it's idling extremely smooth and not as erratic from cold or hot as before. I never had any stalling issues though. I'm no expert but I think these bikes run extremely lean from the factory to pass EPA standards.

My opinion, get a cheaper slip-on e.g. Wings (also use Akro maps) and rather spend money on suspension...and maybe a softer seat.
Thanks for reply.
Agree with all what you said concerning fuel mixture, EPA and cheap slip-on. I've installed Leo Vince SBK (noise reducer is not removed yet) on my 2011 Enduro R maps is still stock. Do you use any sound reducers with your Akro?
Jorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:22 AM   #1115
motoged
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpifko View Post
If you find yourself on the Nicoya peninsula, you should check out the dirt, 4x4-rated road that connects Cabuya and Malpais without going around the tip of the peninsula. I did it in a truck, though I was thinking the whole time it'd be really fun on a 690. It's only <20 km, but there are good views and, as of last summer, deep (2-4 ft) ruts, and 3 stream crossings. Google Maps won't route you along it, so you'll have to follow a track or ask directions somewhere around Cabuya to be sure you hit the right road.
Yeah, what a great place to ride...

Mal Pais road to Cabuya:

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged screwed with this post 12-15-2011 at 10:30 AM
motoged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #1116
johnlt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 581
bypassing side stand switch

Is there any way to bypass the side stand switch? There are three wires coming out: a blue, black and pink. The pink ones seems to go to the EFI computer.
1975 BMW R75/6
Yamaha WR250R
johnlt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:48 AM   #1117
motoged
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 829
Yep....KTM sells a bypass switch

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #1118
gordons
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorik View Post
Thanks for reply.
Agree with all what you said concerning fuel mixture, EPA and cheap slip-on. I've installed Leo Vince SBK (noise reducer is not removed yet) on my 2011 Enduro R maps is still stock. Do you use any sound reducers with your Akro?
Yes, still have the insert. I took the approach that this is how the slip-on comes standard so the maps will 'see' it that way and/or also that the map codes are KTM std. reference numbers therefore the map upgrade will be for the Akro straight of the PowerParts shelf. If it was different I'm sure there would've been a different map or the same map code with a different description i.e. "Map for Akro with quiet insert removed".

Just speculating but I would think if you were to remove the insert is when you start getting into the tuning and customising of maps but there are a few wise gentleman here that would be able to correct me or guide you.

2011 KTM 690 Enduro R
2007 Honda XR650R - sold

gordons screwed with this post 12-15-2011 at 12:13 PM
gordons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:00 AM   #1119
Jorik
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordons View Post
Yes, still have the insert. I took the approach that this is how the slip-on comes standard so the maps will 'see' it that way and/or also that the map codes are KTM std. reference numbers therefore the map upgrade will be for the Akro straight of the PowerParts shelf. If it was different I'm sure there would've been a different map or the same map code with a different description i.e. "Map for Akro with quiet insert removed".

Just speculating but I would think if you were to remove the insert is when you start getting into the tuning and customising of maps but there are a few wise gentleman here that would be able to correct me or guide you.
My point of view is near of your. I had idea to wait release PCV from DynoJet for 2011 model (maps still not released) and use it with autotune, after that my idea was - don't purchase PCV but use their map for PCV as base info to correct stock map by hands in TuneECU. Thanks gordons, your words removed my headache so I will put those 2011 AKROmap to ECU.
Jorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:13 AM   #1120
Scout_WY
Pirate

Oddometer: 118
tune ecu questions

There is no map/software for an '08 enduro with Akro pipe. Will the SMC software work?

Any one have a cable they wish to rent, loan or sell?

NRA life
Scout_WY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #1121
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 3,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_WY View Post
There is no map/software for an '08 enduro with Akro pipe. Will the SMC software work?

Any one have a cable they wish to rent, loan or sell?
There is an Akro map that is available for the 08 Enduro. It was provided by the dealer and It is availabe to load through Tune ECU as well.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Husaberg tank for sale: HERE
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #1122
RazorKQ
Me

Oddometer: 8
Fuel Tank and Exhaust

Out working on my 2010 Enduro R this afternoon in the shop and notice the fuel tank and the exhaust touch slightly. It looks like the tank has a bit of melt to it. Has anyone else experienced this? A thought of a fireball goes through my mind.
RazorKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:03 PM   #1123
Barman
Way Offline

Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorKQ View Post
Out working on my 2010 Enduro R this afternoon in the shop and notice the fuel tank and the exhaust touch slightly. It looks like the tank has a bit of melt to it. Has anyone else experienced this? A thought of a fireball goes through my mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman View Post
Not good. I'd take it back to the dealership and get it warrantied. I'm guessing you need to get rid of the stock pipe.
+1 on ditching that stock boat anchor.
An aftermarket FMF Q4 will set you back $300 and change, lighten your bike, and removes all of that heat.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:56 PM   #1124
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega

Oddometer: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorKQ View Post
Slightly loosen the clamp and mounting bolts for the muffler and then gently twist the muffler outwards until there is reasonable space between the tank and muffler, then retighten the hardware (clamp first.) I've had to do that a few times after taking a dirt nap on the left side.
The Letter J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:54 AM   #1125
stef
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman View Post
+1 on ditching that stock boat anchor.
An aftermarket FMF Q4 will set you back $300 and change, lighten your bike, and removes all of that heat.
This has been mentioned somewhere in the thread, I think, but how long have you had the Q4 on your bike and did you do any remapping as I'm considering a new can on my bike, Akro a bit much for me and FMF more to my liking
stef is offline   Reply With Quote