Greatly appreciated !
TrattoRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #11957
Bike Nomad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoots View Post
I saw that last night a dug around a bit. I already posted over on the AUS/NZ 690 thread. I wanted to just post a single post link here, but I don't know how. Someone please PM me instructions so I'll know how to do it next time. Here is a cut and paste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
Doesn't BMW own Husqvarna? KTM owns Husaberg.

The post a couple above SethS's made me dig around a bit last night. There was a bunch of info out last Spring about this. From what I can gather it seems that...

1. It wasn't KTM per se but the CEO of KTM Stevan Pierer using a personally owned company to purchase Husky. http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchive...Husky_Sold.htm Maybe to expedite things? Maybe to help reduce friction with anti-trust legislation?

2. This coming year Husabergs will be rebranded as Huskys. They will switch colours to White, yellow & blue. The Husaberg factory will be shutdown soon.

3. In 2015 The Husky's will start off from a KTM platform bike, and will have a focus on off-road (as opposed to dual sport use). Husky's production in Italy will be shut down and moved to Austria. Husky will develop an off-road only 690 variant.

4. The Husky deal excludes certain models using a BMW engine--the 450 in particular was mentioned. I'm not sure if it includes the 650 class Rotax engines.

5. BMW is moving towards electric scooter production ("e-mobility"). As a segment of their line up.

There is a thread on ADVRider and other bits and pieces out on the web.

There maybe some erroneous info in what I put together above--it was the best I could piece together with about a hours searching/reading. If anyone finds errors in it please post up the correct info.

Addendum: I see from the Husky SM concept bike posted above in this thread that Husky is probably not doing *just* off-road in the future.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #11958
Katoom72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprouty115 View Post
You know, at the risk of having my KTM man-card revoked, given the choice between Orange/white/black, or Blue/white/yellow, I'd take the Husky colors any day...
Preferably, with the yellow frame of the '12 Husabergs.
'00 KTM 250sx -- '03 KTM 450sx -- '03 Yamaha R6 -- '08 KTM SuperDuke R --- '13 KTM 690 enduro R
Katoom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #11959
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,277
I suspect this will drive the value of my 09 Husaberg up significantly so if anyone wants to get in on a piece of gold before the value departs from your price range let me know. Lets start the bidding at say $12000

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #11960
sprouty115
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katoom72 View Post
Preferably, with the yellow frame of the '12 Husabergs.

Decisions, decisions...

sprouty115 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #11961
RB450
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
I bought an 09 a few months ago. When I'm riding snottier and tighter trails, I tend to clutch a lot. Several times, I have lost my clutch completely, look in reservoir, no fluid. Where does it go? Is this the bad clutch slave issue, and will replacing the clutch slave solve my problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RB450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #11962
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB450 View Post
I bought an 09 a few months ago. When I'm riding snottier and tighter trails, I tend to clutch a lot. Several times, I have lost my clutch completely, look in reservoir, no fluid. Where does it go? Is this the bad clutch slave issue, and will replacing the clutch slave solve my problem.

I would start by flushing out the hydraulic system with fresh fluid. If that doesn't do it you might have a bad clutch slave...they have been problematic on some bikes.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Old 11-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #11963
motoged
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 906
Too much of an albino for my tastes...

But it will be interesting to see what it morphs into.....

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #11964
davesupreme
grand poobah

Oddometer: 1,459
everybody's bustin' on that bike.... i think it looks badazzed, and will probably SERIOUSLY haul the mail!.....
davesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #11965
Harty
Bloody Good Bloke!

Oddometer: 261
EFM Auto Clutch

Has anyone fitted an EFM Auto Clutch to their 690? I emailed EFM about it being a slipper clutch and they said that it doesn't matter, just send the clutch unit into them and for $600 they have it sorted in a week!
Old 11-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #11966
RB450
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harty View Post
Has anyone fitted an EFM Auto Clutch to their 690? I emailed EFM about it being a slipper clutch and they said that it doesn't matter, just send the clutch unit into them and for $600 they have it sorted in a week!
I'd be interested to know how well it works if you get one.

Loved my rekluse in the 525. Had the z-start pro...normal clutch feel if you wanted it, almost impossible to stall.

Was disappointed they don't have one for the 690.

RB450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #11967
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Quote:

first I have ever heard of it. Rekluse apparently gave up on making one for the 690 years ago for reasons I do not remember. An autoclutch in the 690 would make some things nicer.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #11968
wsmc831
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 659
Quote:
I had an EFM auto clutch on my 02 300, nowhere near as good as rekluse.

I'm curious though, as their design extends (or at least did) the width of the clutch mechanism, which they fix by sending a ring to extend the clutch cover, how have they gotten around that on the 690, seeing as there is no clutch cover?
wsmc831 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #11969
MrHix
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Maybe we can get a group together (after your prototype ) and get a lower price with volume. I would be interested and will try and contact them to get some more info (anti-stall only, keep clutch lever, override to bump start (remember no kicker and no bump start with some auto clutches)).

Cheers,

MrHix
MrHix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #11970
Hoots
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHix View Post
Maybe we can get a group together (after your prototype ) and get a lower price with volume. I would be interested and will try and contact them to get some more info (anti-stall only, keep clutch lever, override to bump start (remember no kicker and no bump start with some auto clutches)).

Cheers,

MrHix
But you can't roll start a bike with an auto clutch - whether ReKluse or this mob - can you ... ?

That's a big consideration with a 690, as most other bikes fitted with these clutches also have a kickstarter ...

My Berg 390 didn't have a kickstarter, and one wasn't available for it - for that reason alone I wouldn't have fitted an auto clutch ...
Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote