ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #1231
RoninMoto
Wanderer
 
RoninMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Australia
Oddometer: 1,550
Stator output?

2010 Enduro R. From google searches it the stator output looks to be 225W.

Can someone confirm? Any upgrade options? Im getting my bike ready for a RTW trip and extra electrical power would be nice.
__________________
Noah 08 KTM 690 ADV. 111,000 km. 42 countries. 5 continents and counting.
RTW Ride Report --> http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781893
Blog ------------------> http://rtwwithnoah.blogspot.com/
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:18 PM   #1232
Barman
Way Offline
 
Barman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninMoto View Post
2010 Enduro R. From google searches it the stator output looks to be 225W.

Can someone confirm? Any upgrade options? Im getting my bike ready for a RTW trip and extra electrical power would be nice.
Go back a few pages.
__________________
I am at one with my duality.
Barman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #1233
.chris
690 Advenduro
 
.chris's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Auckland, NZ
Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman View Post
Explain.
Once you get used to being able to drop 2 gears into a gravel corner, and have the rear wheel just engine brake nicely with a slipper clutch, then you jump on a bike without one and try the same thing, in my instance the rear just locked up and went sideways. Was not what I was ready for at all.
__________________
I am interested in the future, because it's where I am going to live
.chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #1234
.chris
690 Advenduro
 
.chris's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Auckland, NZ
Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbikeslob View Post
what did you ride before slipper clutches were invented?
XR400, but I was not used to having a slipper clutch back then.
__________________
I am interested in the future, because it's where I am going to live
.chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #1235
RoninMoto
Wanderer
 
RoninMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Australia
Oddometer: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman View Post
Go back a few pages.
Found it.. 224W
__________________
Noah 08 KTM 690 ADV. 111,000 km. 42 countries. 5 continents and counting.
RTW Ride Report --> http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781893
Blog ------------------> http://rtwwithnoah.blogspot.com/
Facebook------------> https://www.facebook.com/RtwWithNoah
RoninMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:19 PM   #1236
Barman
Way Offline
 
Barman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Oddometer: 1,166
Thumb Rekluse

I just got a followup email from their tech depatrment. Looks like a definite maybe.


"Thank you for contacting Rekluse Wayne,

Unfortunately we do not have any near term plans but we will most likely support the 690 in the future. Check back with us this spring for an update.

Happy New year"
__________________
I am at one with my duality.
Barman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #1237
CHRIS_D
Studly Adventurer
 
CHRIS_D's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Southside of ATL, GA
Oddometer: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barman View Post
I just got a followup email from their tech depatrment. Looks like a definite maybe.


"Thank you for contacting Rekluse Wayne,

Unfortunately we do not have any near term plans but we will most likely support the 690 in the future. Check back with us this spring for an update.

Happy New year"
I just got my reply back too and that exactly what he said to me!!
__________________
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
2011 Victory Cross Country
CHRIS_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #1238
Barman
Way Offline
 
Barman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS_D View Post
I just got my reply back too and that exactly what he said to me!!
He probably waits until Fridays and sends a mass email to all us pests.
__________________
I am at one with my duality.
Barman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:34 AM   #1239
stef
Adventurer
 
stef's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Oddometer: 48
bar risers?

I'm surfing the net looking for higher risers as I'm 6'5, I am using 20mm OEM risers at the moment. As I'm not with my bike but away on holiday, can anyone please tell me what is the std OEM height is without any risers. This will help me decide on the correct replacements.

Has anybody got the RR Billet bar risers with the 10mm packer mounted as I think even that set up might not be too low, and then again the 25mm packer might be too much for the t-cable? It doesn't specify the actual height of the Billet Bar Risers.
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:10 AM   #1240
johnlt
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Green Valley, AZ
Oddometer: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
I'm surfing the net looking for higher risers as I'm 6'5, I am using 20mm OEM risers at the moment. As I'm not with my bike but away on holiday, can anyone please tell me what is the std OEM height is without any risers. This will help me decide on the correct replacements.

Has anybody got the RR Billet bar risers with the 10mm packer mounted as I think even that set up might not be too low, and then again the 25mm packer might be too much for the t-cable? It doesn't specify the actual height of the Billet Bar Risers.
I use the Rox risers which are about 50mm. I love them when standing. I did have to rotate my t-cables 180 degrees to the bottom but that was no issue and they work fine.
__________________
Johnlt
2009 BMW R1200 GS Adventure
2000 Suzuki DR200
1975 BMW R75/6
Yamaha WR250R
johnlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:12 AM   #1241
stef
Adventurer
 
stef's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlt View Post
I use the Rox risers which are about 50mm. I love them when standing. I did have to rotate my t-cables 180 degrees to the bottom but that was no issue and they work fine.
thanks, can you give me a link to a supplier and maybe a pic of the set up with cable location.

anybody else out there with a beefy RR set up pls and actual measurements of it, as this will be easier to order unless Rox is available in the UK?

I've spotted some available in the UK just now, very nice, but prefer the set up that allows for a damper to be added

stef screwed with this post 12-31-2011 at 08:20 AM
stef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:17 AM   #1242
johnlt
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Green Valley, AZ
Oddometer: 581
I got mine with the bike but there are many suippliers. Here is one:http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/-/-/-/-/-/-/225088/

Here is a pic of mine installed:

__________________
Johnlt
2009 BMW R1200 GS Adventure
2000 Suzuki DR200
1975 BMW R75/6
Yamaha WR250R
johnlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:43 AM   #1243
Barman
Way Offline
 
Barman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Oddometer: 1,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlt View Post
I got mine with the bike but there are many suippliers. Here is one:http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/-/-/-/-/-/-/225088/

Here is a pic of mine installed:


What is that windscreen you've got mounted?
I'm looking for something to protect the electronics from the elements but I've got one of those 7" Baja lights mounted and the options are slim. I was planning on fabbing a "rally style" screen out of aluminum sheet and mounting it to the top supports of the light but I have to borrow shop time these days and would rather wear out my welcome on something more worthy.
__________________
I am at one with my duality.
Barman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:31 AM   #1244
Roadracer_Al
louder, louder, louder!
 
Roadracer_Al's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Oakland, CA
Oddometer: 1,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
I'm surfing the net looking for higher risers as I'm 6'5.
May I suggest that you have a look at ATV handlebars? They typically have a lot more rise than MC bars. I just put a set on my beater Ninja 650, and they worked out quite well.
__________________
------------------------------
Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow
------------------------------
New Rider Training in the San Francisco Bay Area at Motorcycle University". Learn to Ride...Better!
Roadracer_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:10 PM   #1245
johnlt
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Green Valley, AZ
Oddometer: 581
Here it is from the front. I too have the big Baja light. Shield works pretty well.



The shield says KTM made in Italy and has a number on it" KBA 39659 Hope this helps
__________________
Johnlt
2009 BMW R1200 GS Adventure
2000 Suzuki DR200
1975 BMW R75/6
Yamaha WR250R

johnlt screwed with this post 12-31-2011 at 01:02 PM
johnlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014