Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2014, 06:13 PM   #13426
poondangle
Slow

Oddometer: 1,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
I have been running that light on my 2009 690r for a couple of years. No complaints and no failures. Only downside is the light takes maybe 30 seconds to get to full brightness, but is very bright. Upside besides being very bright is it is plug and play for my 2009 bike and has high and low beam. I bought the light direct from Trail Tech.

I just put a Baja designs Squadron LED light on my 500 EXC with a dimmer switch. With that light there is no high and low beam so the dimmer switch can be programmed to dim the output when you hit the low beam. You have to buy a separate small dimmer box and have to connect it to switched power so not totally plug and play but not complicated either. The LED is nice because it is instant bright and might use less power. Not street legal....technically

I bought, and then returned the BD squadron, 'cause it doesn't fit the '13. I'm searching for something else now. The HID kit doesn't look like it would fit the 690, that's why I asked. On the TT sight, it doesn't show the 690 for fitment. What'd you do about the front signals?
poondangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:24 PM   #13427
Velociraptor
TrackBum

Oddometer: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondangle View Post
I bought, and then returned the BD squadron, 'cause it doesn't fit the '13. I'm searching for something else now. The HID kit doesn't look like it would fit the 690, that's why I asked. On the TT sight, it doesn't show the 690 for fitment. What'd you do about the front signals?
Yeah my 690 is a 2009 so different than the 2013. For my 500 EXC they have that new front fender design so the current mask/light kit would not fit the new fender but the led light fit perfect into the 2014 mask on the 500.

I am still using the stock front signals. Sicass Racing LED flushmounts in the back.
2002 RC51 SOLD
2010 KTM 990 Supermoto R SOLD
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:36 PM   #13428
duitswes
NAM Biker in CA

Oddometer: 294
abs together with supermoto wheels

Does anybody know whether the abs on the 2014 will understand supermoto wheels?

Also, I am looking to buy a 2014. Is there any reason to delay buying supermoto wheels? The thing is that maybe it is possible to get a lower price on the second wheelset if I buy them at the same time.
duitswes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:56 PM   #13429
AccelRus MaxiMus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biped View Post
Check the pin pitch on the connector, could be a JST WPZ Series.
http://www.jst-mfg.com/product/pdf/eng/eWPZ.pdf

And while you are at it I think the speedo connector is a JST XAD Series.
Hey ! Nice info there !! THANKS :)

Really appreciate that, as I had no idea where
to find those. Sent an e-mail, and will post when
I hear back.

AccelRus MaxiMus screwed with this post 01-19-2014 at 11:51 PM
AccelRus MaxiMus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:34 PM   #13430
nartmot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Enduro-Tech Dual.5

Has anyone tried the Enduro-Tech Dual.5 headlight? On paper, they look great. I have also exchanged a few emails with Greg, the US distributor, and he seems like a cool guy.

My only concern is the beam pattern and what kind of glare will be coming off them. Will I blind oncoming traffic? Will I get pulled over? Either would be a deal breaker for me so any feedback would be appreciated.

http://en.enduro-tech.eu/products-an...lights/dual-5/

www.youtube.com/embed/s-bni1xWBMs

nartmot screwed with this post 01-20-2014 at 12:30 PM
nartmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:03 AM   #13431
poondangle
Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nartmot View Post
Has anyone tried the Enduro-Tech Dual.5 headlight? On paper, they look great. I have also exchanged a few emails with Greg, the US distributor, and he seems like a cool guy.

My only concern is the beam pattern and what kind of glare will be coming off them. Will I blind oncoming traffic? Will I get pulled over? Either would be a deal breaker for me so any feedback would be appreciated.

http://en.enduro-tech.eu/products-an...lights/dual-5/

www.youtube.com/embed/s-bni1xWBMs
That looks a lot like the BD light in concept and construction. Certainly there are differences, but generally it looks to be executed like the BD. The problem I had on the BD, is that it won't fit my 690 (2013). The 690's mask is different from the rest of the KTM line. Its mounted differently, the turn signal are integral to the mask, and its smaller.

Do they have a different version for the 690 than the one they are showing in the video?
Old 01-20-2014, 09:29 AM   #13432
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer: 4,146
Has anyone tried to put the 950 Euro switch on the 690?

I notice that when I hit the kill button, all electrics turn off EXCEPT the headlight. If this switch would work then I would no longer have to dig for the key switch every time we stop.
Of course those crazy ass wiring diagrams for the 690 do not lend themselves to direct comparing to the 950 wiring.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:39 AM   #13433
spaceman_spiff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 988
That would be sweet! I hate having to switch the key every time I stop
spaceman_spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:07 AM   #13434
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post

I notice that when I hit the kill button, all electrics turn off EXCEPT the headlight. If this switch would work then I would no longer have to dig for the key switch every time we stop.
Of course those crazy ass wiring diagrams for the 690 do not lend themselves to direct comparing to the 950 wiring.
The Euro switch I had on my 990 had that "feature". You had to turn the lights off manually (or turn the key off) if you used the kill switch. I think it was by design. On KTM wiring harnesses, the kill switch just kills the ignition. Everything else is hot. Not sure what you are trying to achieve, but I had a variant of this (toggle rather than handlebar mounted) switch on my 300 for a while. It is plug compatible with the 2008 690E headlight plug and allows the lights to be turned off while running as well as high or low beam. I use the switch on my 690 now since I have a combo switch on the 300 now which has an off position for the lights.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #13435
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer: 4,146
The Euro switch does indeed turn off the headlight on my 950. I'm not sure how it functions on the 990. The sicass may be a cheaper way to perform that function.
When I have stopped on the side of the road with kill switch I notice the Speedo go dark as well as an ignition initialize when I turn it on. That leaves the headlight as the big power consumer when stopping for a snack break. Those of us with safari tanks learn to be very nimble to get to the key switch. If I can kill the bulk of my power draw with the kill and light switch I'm happy.

Sent from outside my mind.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:18 PM   #13436
nartmot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondangle View Post
Do they have a different version for the 690 than the one they are showing in the video?
Yes. My understanding from talking to Greg is that they have different versions for all the different years, including the new 2014, which is what I was going to buy.

The light looks well thought out and polished. Plug and play. I just want to make sure I wont blind oncoming traffic before I pull the trigger since I will be using it on a grocery-getter slash weekend bike.
nartmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:33 PM   #13437
stewie100
soon to be andventur

Oddometer: 132
Laugh

Dirtjack I clicked on your link to the pic of your 690 what did you do to it it looks epic?
stewie100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #13438
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by nartmot View Post
Yes. My understanding from talking to Greg is that they have different versions for all the different years, including the new 2014, which is what I was going to buy.

The light looks well thought out and polished. Plug and play. I just want to make sure I wont blind oncoming traffic before I pull the trigger since I will be using it on a grocery-getter slash weekend bike.
Euro Tech has a light that fits the 2012+ 690s? I'll have to look at that.
CanadianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #13439
poondangle
Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianX View Post
Euro Tech has a light that fits the 2012+ 690s? I'll have to look at that.
I just sent the guy an email, and explained the 2012+ masks are not the same as the rest of the KTMs. I asked for pictures of their light that is supposed to fit. I'll post up what he sends back.

I earlier sent TT an email about the x2 HID set up. He assured me the "generic" set up would fit. When he sent me a picture of the back of the mask, with the mounting hardware, it is obvious that it wont fit the 2012+.

I've been searching hi and lo for an upgraded light that somewhat easily installs on the 2012+ for a while now, and I can't find anything.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:31 PM   #13440
lightfighter
where does this go?

Oddometer: 2,291
I'm still looking for a slick 3 pole switch to get a third brightness setting for my BD squadron with programmable dimmer. I wonder if that would work for me.

Anyone know the architecture of that switch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post

lightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote